Author Topic: DMT free base washing  (Read 1290 times)

Urupeh

DMT free base washing
« on: December 18, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »
Hi bees, my questions is how many times is the best for somebody perform the final salt water wash of the DMT free-base (dissolved in nonpolar), swim wash a lot of times (up to 10)to get out all that colour off (black- pale red-yellow-transparent), swim wash at the point he see the water layer turn transparent, and in the last 2 or 3 washes swim use only Mili-Q water with no salt, swim wash o lot of times because he dont like (X)-OH in the final product. Is swim doing right?

spectralmagic

Black?!?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 05:02:00 PM »
Wow... that sounds like a lot of effort, for questionable gain...

You say SWIY's DMT/solvent was black before he started washing it?  Sounds like something went horribly wrong during or prior to extracting with the solvent...  in my experience, the DMT/solvent prior to recovering the solvent is clear, ever so slightly tinged yellow, leaving behind orange crystals (if the defatting stage was done thoroughly, otherwise brown grease is the end product).  With more effort (and more mechanical loss) the colour of those crystals could be cleared up...  (never tried myself)

Any hydroxide left in the solvent should be as good as gone after a few washes...

Urupeh

apologise my horrible spealing
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 07:25:00 PM »
endshuldigung, apologise my horrible speling, but I learnd english with films and a lot with the hive...for my is dificult to express myself propely...I mean: swim solvent (cloroform) was in swim dream black because it was mixed whith some things that are in part soluble to in water making a emulsion, but swim washed the emulsion with the solvent normaly, swim want to mean that the water of the washing turn black, than with subsequent washing the colour of THE WATER (not so saturated salt Mili-Q)turn more pale, swim in his dream wash the solvent+alcaloid mixture bis the water of the washing turn transparent, so swim thing the product become more pure...it is right!
thanks in advance

spectralmagic

Those pesky emulsions...
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »
I see... emulsion caused a lot of the water/garbage to get into the chloroform?  And it took 10 washes to clean up the chloroform afterwards?  Well, that sounds a bit excessive, but if that's what it took then that's what it takes.  I just worry that SWIY might have lost some DMT in those washes (I don't know how water soluble DMT freebase is, I assume not much).

But if your DMT/chloroform is clean now, I don't see a problem...  SWIY could remove (and recover) the chloroform, see if he gets crystals...