Site > News

DEA To Update Watched Chemicals List To Include Sodium Borohydride

<< < (6/6)

Mrbovinejony:
And why isn't this method used or talked about more? I see no cheap magnesium diboride or easy way to make it

Rawhide Kobayashi:
I read that the yields are very low like 10%, and isolating the pure borohydride without decomposition would be tricky.

Osmiridium:
There’s no guarantee that this is what atara was talking about, but it was all One could find.

atara:
Yeah I was talking about the MgB2 method. The yield is about 10% of the boron but considering the electronics that's around 40% of theory. So not awful. The nice thing about MgB2 is that it's basically completely stable and easy to store which helps make up for the huge excess.

I suspect you could get a better yield if you used a mixture of MgB2 and metallic Mg. That would improve the theoretical yield substantially.

The balanced equations:

2 MgB2 + 4 NaOH >> NaBH4 + 2 MgO + NaBO2 + 2B

2 MgB2 + 8 NaOH + Mg >> 2 NaBH4 + 4 MgO + 2 NaBO2

Using KOH instead might also increase the yield but the product KBH4 is less reactive and less soluble. No idea if it would still work for the CuCl2 bit.

Kasey Jones:

--- Quote from: spice on July 09, 2023, 12:18:41 PM ---You're not American are you?

--- End quote ---

They'll fuck whoever they can as much as they can.  It's a fucking racket: cops, lawyers, judges and prison industrial complex.  Fucking sucks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version