Site > News

Attorney accused of manufacturing hallucinogens!!!

<< < (2/2)

xdragon:

--- Quote from: aes256 on December 08, 2023, 01:21:34 AM ---From the video, "DMT has no odour" ;D ;D ;D

--- End quote ---

I've never noticed a smell with my freebase DMT, not even when vapourising it - although I have to admit my nose isn't the best. I shared this observation with a very meticulous tryptamine chemist, and they claim the same. They speculated the typical smell of DMT described as floral may stem from an impurity carried over along when extracting from plant matter. I never extracted from plant matter myself. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of other people claim that their synthetic DMT has a smell, among them aniracetam, whose analytical capabilities I very much trust.

I wonder what's the matter. I know I definitely did not purify my DMT as meticulous as aforementioned tryptamine chemist has, but it was crashed out as oxalate, the freebase recrystallised from heptane and the product free of impurities on TLC.

brb5min:
I believe that synthed DMT has less smell than the extracted one. I would be quicker to smell residue of recrystallization solvent than the smell of synthed DMT.

xdragon, care to help a fellow newbie and share your workup with DMT oxalate? Do you use chloroform/DCM to extract from reaction mixture, and salt it out of this DCM? Or do I have to evap DCM first, crystallize from heptane and only then salt it out for rex? At which step should I attempt salting DMT out, I am not sure.

Lipbalm:
All synthetic freebase DMT I have smelled smells very very similar to pure tryptamine straight from the lab. Both near pure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version