Author Topic: cant get safrole? FREEZE IT!  (Read 31852 times)

LaBTop

Freezing sassafras:
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2002, 10:50:00 PM »
YES YES and YES!
This is the one and only no bullshit way to purify sassafras, also confirmed already to me by another well respected member, who couldn't believe his eyes reading all the rantings about distilling, refluxing and smoking stillpots after he simply freezed out in 2 subsequent freezings all impurities, and obtained a clear slightly yellow 1-alkene oil (safrole) with a density of 1.0982 at 20C, which is sufficient pure (ideal is 1.1000 density at 20C for Safrole) to proceed with an overnight full vacuum isomerization with 5% 99%KOH to 2-alkene (iso-safrole).
Thanks, MadMax, Roundbottom, Argox. There should be a whole lot more of -- no-bullshit, I wanna see it with my own eyes -- members like MadMax, Roundbottom and Argox.

I must admit I have tried to assist in the endeavours of so many, by describing how to fractionally distill sassafras. However, I never needed to do that, Safrole could be get at bottom prices in my times. MDP2P also, by the way. Nobody even thought about buying sassafras oil, redundant then.
Times have changed, so this is my new stance on Sassafras oil purification:

FORGET DISTILLING SASSAFRAS, FREEZE IT slowly 2 TIMES, decant the unfrozen oil, freeze the melted Safrole slowly again to collect a next crop of impure non frozen oil, and decant the non frozen oil again, this will not freeze at all, especially near the temperatures where the safrole freezes out!
Congealing point of safrole is according to Rhodium table +11.2 C, which was observed as the exact same congealing point for the 1-alkene.
You get rid of Eugenol, alpha and beta-Phellandrenes, various Sesquiterpenes, Pinenes and Camphor and other traces of different oils in a few relaxing hours by the TV set. LT/

PS: see also thread

Post 220835

(menthol_man: "Safrole Crystals", Methods Discourse)
with beautifull pics of MaDMAx, or his pics at:

http://www.geocities.com/marktsas/saf4.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/marktsas/saf2.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/marktsas/saf3.jpg

See also Baalchemists easy method for freezing Sassafras:

Post 253681

(baalchemist: "Re: Safrole Crystals", Methods Discourse)
and Osmium who gives wise advice in

Post 223146

(Osmium: "Re: Safrole Crystals", Methods Discourse)

WISDOMwillWIN

LaBTop

SORRY!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2002, 11:13:00 PM »
Damm, now I remember who the guy was with those damm nice pictures, I wrote the above post in a hurry, ofcourse the same gratitude goes to MadMax ! Thanks for the inventive work.
Let's also not forget Eleusis and Strike who also already indicated that this was the easiest way to proceed many years ago! LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

RoundBottom

thasit...
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2002, 02:21:00 AM »
yeah, that's the post i was looking for a couple weeks ago.

ok, here are a couple additions...

1. don't use a freezer.  everything will freeze and you'll just have to let it thaw out again.  use the fridge.  slow and low, that is the tempo.  the slower the better.

2. leave it for at least three days.  SWIM uses 1L apothacry jars (don't ask, small fridge), and let's them crystalize for a minimum of three days.  pour off the remainder after three days into a collecting jug/jar.  keep this for further distillation.

3. repeat at least one more time.  let it thaw out overnight or put the jar in a pot of warm water.  once it's completely liquid, put it in the fridge again to cool.  then, add a seed crystal and do it over.  you will find another bit of impurity to add to the collecting jar.

4. don't forget to periodically add some more safrole to the small vial to ensure your ability to continue this simple method.

SWIM gets between 70%-80% asfrole (EDIT: ok, safrole, not asfrole) from the oil.  SWIM doesn't know the exact content, but it seems there might be more safrole, so don't throw anything out.  SWIM will attempt to distill out any remaining safrole.  does anyone know if this get's all the safrole out or just most?

look kids, it does not get any simpler than this.  SWIMs a lazy fuck and used this method because SWIM didn't want to distill for hours.  it works, it's easy, it's effiecient, and there's no long distillation to watch.

i learned a thing or two from charlie dontcha know.

RoundBottom

seed crystals
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2002, 02:33:00 AM »
ok, i'm 100% certain you don't need liquid nitrogen or dry ice to make seed crystals.  i believe you when you say it will work, but it strikes me as duck huntin' with a SAM missile.

the trick, i believe, is to use a narrow vial, like the 5mL screwtop borosilicate vials you get GHB in (i'm sure they have other uses).

someone mentioned vibrations, another mentioned dead chickens, again... sound like voodoo.  just put some oil, or even better, some distilled safrole, in the vial, stick it in the freezer until it comes out solid.  pull it out once in a while.  tilt it back and forth, stick it under your arm, whatever.  SWIMs fridge was encrusted in glacial freezer floes, maybe that had something to do with it.

Flip

Call me old fashioned
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2002, 03:04:00 AM »
Well although freezing safrole would be the simplest, no hassle way to get safrole from sass, I might also point out for the newbee's reading that there is something to be said for the good old fashioned art of distillation.  This is a skill to be mastered for all chemists, and without the experience of simple and fractional distillation your options as far as synthesis become extremely limited.  For window, I would go ahead and freeze your sass, but also do not give up in your efforts of distillation.  I think you will find that your flaw is with the equipment, but it is also a necessary skill to know what will work and what will not.   Now freezing safrole is pretty much equivalent to distilling in the sense that differences in temperature are used to seperate the fractions of a substance, but freezing will not always be a viable option.  So do not give up in your efforts, and even if this method should become more common than distillation, let's all keep 'the old fashioned way' in our minds, and even after all of our current methods become far far obselete, we will have something to tell our grandkids when they are cooking drugs. :P

Flip

_flip_@hushmail.com

PrimoPyro

It Has Nothing To Do With Tradition
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2002, 03:18:00 AM »
Freezing and boiling have been known since the dawn of time, both of them. They are both viable means of chemical seperation, and there are even more methods to accomplish the same.

There are other situations directly involved with clandestine chemistry where distillation reappears, such as the purification of ketones and freebase amines. Tradition plays little role in this at all IMO; it is much more of an efficiency and resource issue, and each situation has many factors such as the user's equipment, skill, the compounds being seperated, etc.

I do agree with your statement that one should not think they can avoid all distillations simply by freezing. If that is what some of you think, heh, be prepared to have a surprise in the future.  ;)

PrimoPyro

Vivent Longtemps La Ruche!

Flip

Always the analytical one
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »
Ahhhhhhhh Primo.... I love you man, youre always one to chime in with a perfectly analytical and well phrased contradiction.  Of course i'm just up late rambling, and my post was more of a facetious remark towards the process becoming obselete due to all of this praise.  As if distillations would ever be out of date?  Just to re-emphasize for future readers of this thread, the easy way is not always the best way, take the hard road before you find the shortcuts.

Flip

_flip_@hushmail.com

LaBTop

Additional:
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2002, 11:33:00 AM »
The hard way was taken at first:
A very professional fractional distillation (with a glassbeads packed vigreux reflux column) of sassafras oil at first, taking ages, and resulting in a product with a density of 1.088 , much too far off from the 1.1000 density of pure safrole.
Then the 2x freezing method was applied, and the ONLY conclusion of that can be:
All distillation threads and posts regarding sassafras purification can be forgotten.
Totally REDUNDANT.
Very simple, just keep checking your densities untill you reach that magical 1.1000 mark.
And believe me, Argox is a researcher who --only accept the maximum possible, and take NOTHING for granted--, like you all should have written on your first page of your Labnotes journal. LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

greeter

safrole density
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2002, 11:57:00 AM »
The safrole faq on Rhodium's page lists the density of safrole as 1.096g/ml  ... anyone have a copy of the Merck handy that can verify this or corroborate LaBTop's claim?

LaBTop

Ahh, checking! Right.
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2002, 02:26:00 PM »
Merck: 1.1000  :) . That safroleFAQ data is wrong. LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

noj

CD merck
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2002, 03:18:00 PM »
The 1999 CD version of Merck has "Density: d 20 1.096"

Mastery is based on the understanding and practice of technique.

LaBTop

Shit!
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2002, 04:37:00 PM »
I referenced that same 1.096 data to him, and he answered he found Merck referenced it as 1.1000 , and also lugh posted that same 1.1000, so now I am confused. Chemfinder states it as 1.095.

I just worked 3 hours on a very extensive post, was nearly ready, and then Chemfinder came up with a nasty popup window, which I thought I clicked away, but it was the whole fuckin browser I clicked away. Why the fuck do I do all this? I should get a live again!
I hope the webmaster at Chemfinder and the others from those popup ads all will burn in hell in eternity for this.
Now I have to construct that post again, se you in 3 hours. LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

LaBTop

Sassafras components data
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2002, 08:16:00 PM »
Ingredients of sassafras oil with CAS nrs, so you can look data up in Chemfinder, Interactive Physical Properties Database or the Merck Index,
Especially the densities and melting points are interesting for the 2x freezing method:

Usual components 0f Sassafras Oil,
From Guenther, E.,"The Essential Oils", vol II and IV:

pinene..........    2-10%    Bp= 154C at 1 atm
phellandrene.    2-10%    Bp= 175C at 1 atm
d-camphor....    0- 5%    Bp= 204C at 1 atm
safrole..........   80-90%    Bp= 234C at 1 atm
eugenol........    0-10%    Bp= 252C at 1 atm

CHEMFINDER data:
(

http://chemfinder.cambridgesoft.com/

)

==============================
(1S)-(-)-alpha-PINENE [7785-26-4]
Colorless to pale yellow liquid.
Mp= -64C      Density= 0.874 g/cm3 at 20C
Bp= +155 - 156C
==============================
alpha-PHELLANDRENE [99-83-2]
Pale yellow liquid.
Density= 0.843 g/cm3 at 20C
===============================
CAMPHOR [76-22-2] also known as (±)-CAMPHOR, d-CAMPHOR:
But note: is has a different CAS nr than the IPP data! A solid, not the oil!
Colorless, glassy solid with a penetrating, characteristic odor.
Mp= +177C    Density= 0.99 g/cm3 at 20C
Bp= 207C    Water Solubility= 0.12 g/100mL

IPP data:
CAS Number : 000076-22-2
Chem Name  : CAMPHOR
Mol Formula: C10H16O
Mol Weight : 152.24
Melting Pt : +180 deg C
Boiling Pt : 204 deg C
Water Solubility:
   Value : 1600 mg/L
   Temp  : 25 deg C
   Type  : EXPerimental data
   Ref   : YALKOWSKY,SH & DANNENFELSER,RM (1992)
=================================
CAMPHOR oil (light) [8008-51-3] :
Colorless liquid.
Density= 0.89 g/cm3 at 20C
No IPP data!
SAFROLE [94-59-7]
Colorless or slightly yellow liquid
Mp= +11.2C      Density= 1.095 g/cm3 at 20C
Bp= +232               Water Solubility= Insoluble. <0.1 g/100 mL at 18 C
EUGENOL [97-53-0]
Clear, colorless or pale yellow liquid. AIR SENSITIVE.
Mp= +15.44C      Density= 1.066 g/cm3 at 20C
Bp= +487 at 0 mm        Water Solubility= <0.1 g/100 mL at 20 C
These data are totally different from the IPP data!

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Interactive Physical Properties Database:
(

http://esc.syrres.com/interkow/physdemo.htm

):
==================================
CAS Number : 001330-16-1
Chem Name  : PINENE
Mol Formula: C22H32
Mol Weight : 296.50
Melting Pt : not given
Boiling Pt    : not given
Water Solubility:
   Value : 7.36 mg/L
   Type  : EST
   Ref   : MEYLAN,WM ET AL. (1996)
CAS Number : 000099-83-2
Chem Name  : alpha-PHELLANDRENE
Mol Formula: C10H16
Mol Weight : 136.24
Melting Pt : < +25 deg C (that's vague, we need a more precise value!)
Boiling Pt : 172 deg C
Water Solubility:
   Value : 2.86 mg/L
   Type  : ESTimated data
CAS Number : 000464-49-3
Chem Name  : (1R,4R)-(+)-CAMPHOR, d-CAMPHOR
Mol Formula: C10H16O
Mol Weight : 152.24
Melting Pt : +178.8 deg C
Boiling Pt : 207.4 deg C
Water Solubility:
   Value : 100 mg/L
   Ref   : RIDDICK,JA ET AL. (1986)
===================================
CAS Number : 000094-59-7
Chem Name  : SAFROLE
Mol Formula: C10H10O2
Mol Weight : 162.19
Melting Pt : +11.2 deg C
Boiling Pt : 234.5 deg C
Water Solubility:
   Value : 121 mg/L
   Type  : ESTimated data
CAS Number : 000097-53-0
Chem Name  : EUGENOL
Mol Formula: C10H12O2
Mol Weight : 164.21
Melting Pt : -7.5 deg C
Boiling Pt : 253.2 deg C
Water Solubility:
   Value : 2460 mg/L
   Ref   : YALKOWSKY,SH & DANNENFELSER,RM (1992)

What do we learn by this? You can not TRUST BLINDLY any online data, check always the BOOKS! LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

LaBTop

Prefered next steps after freezing:
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2002, 09:02:00 PM »
As Strike already outlined in TSII, page 33, Brazilian Sassafras or Brown Camphor contains normally no Eugenol.
Thus a 3-5% NaOH solution wash before freezing the oil is redundant in most cases.
Let's look at what he had to say about purifying by freezing of Sassafras oil, page 34 :

It will be a little tricky, but one can also try to purify by freezing!
The sassafras oil is thrown into the freezer to chill. Safrole itself freezes at -14C, so anything that starts to freeze before that can be cold filtered in a prechilled vacuum setup. Thefiltrate goes back in the freezer until -14C is reached and the motherload of safrole freezes up. This again is filtered cold but this time the frozen mass of safrole crystals are washed with some icecold methanol or ethanol (preferably beeing -14C also), to wash away the unfrozen high-boiling constituents.

As you can see in the above posts, there are much better procedures described now, to purify by freezing.
= = = = =

LT/: Editted 08May2002.

Proceed with your now mainly pure 1-alkene (safrole) to a:

5% weight/weight (99%pure) KOH + Safrole overnight vacuum reflux
:

Setup:

1.---Highly adviced: (when you have one!) an air cooled 20 or 40 cm vigreux column vertically set on your distillationflask,
2.---(flask placed in an aluminum oilbath, [filled with peanut oil or silicone oil and a STIRBAR], which stands on a stirrer/hotplate, flask for 3/4 or nearly totally submerged in the oil, just the neck free),
this will keep the refluxtemp of the MANY constantly condensing and falling back safrole/isosafrole drops much higher than by using just simply a watercooled condenser, thus avoiding a too fast cooling down of the main safrole/isosafrole/KOH body in your distillationflask at full vacuum reflux all those hours overnight and perhaps slow down the reflux rate and lower flask-temperature,
3.--- PLUS on top of that a vertical set watercooled-condenser setup,
(which will trap and forcefully cool all eventual vapours which eventually still escaped the vigreux column).
4.---On top of the condenser you place a vacuum adapter and vacuum tubing to your vacuum pump.

This gives conversion from 1-alkene (safrole) to 2-alkene (isosafrole), under full vacuum, OVERNIGHT, while first removing all traces of water which would wreck your isomerization results.

A.---To remove all water traces FIRST, you begin the procedure with a different simple setup, with the vacuum adapter connected directly to the distillation flask, put on the full vacuum for 30 minutes, while the hotplate is switched on for the first time. In that time the mix will not heat up very much, thus avoiding sucking off too much volatile oils, but the high vacuum will remove all water traces at that temperature.
After those 30 minutes you put the vigreux column + watercooled condenser back on the distillation flask, put the vacuum adapter back on top of the watercooled condenser, and switch the vacuum on again.
(Already in the first 15 minutes after switching on the vacuum pump and the stirrer/hotplate and adding a egg-shaped stirrbar to the contents of your distillation flask, before your safrole/KOH  even reaches near its boiling point under your specific vacuum, depending on what pump you use, you will -perhaps, when traces of water are present- see some light boiling in your flask, that is the eventual water boiling and evaporating to your pump, after that time all that water will be gone into your pump; leave the GAS BALLAST of your pump full open!, in case of an oil-filled vacuumpump, this will allow the watertraces to be washed out of the pump by the air washed through the vacuum oil when that gasballast is full open. You should leave that one always fully screwed open, it will influence your maximum vacuum very minimal, no more than half a mbar, but will keep your vacuumoil as clean as possible).

B.---After those first 30 minutes, you replace the whole setup as in 1-2-3-4 above, and continue the heating and stirring under full vacuum again.
Then when your safrole + KOH starts steadily boiling and full refluxing back from the vigreux column, fix your temperature setting at that specific temperature scale point of your hotplate,
(I can't give a precise temperature, because it will differ for everyones specific vacuum obtained by different pumps and setups),
and leave it OVERNIGHT full refluxing. No need to crank up the heat further, don't do it.

C.---The next morning you switch off the vacuum temporarily, to insert a T-piece with thermometer sticked in, on top of the (ev., but highly adviced) vigreux column, attach your watercooled condenser now on the T-piece's sidearm  under a ~30° downward angle, put a vacuum alonge on the other end of the condenser, and hang a receiving flask on the vacuum alonge, put the vacuumtube on the alonge outlet, switch the vacuumpump and mixer on again, and just increase the heating untill the vapours of your boiling --now 95-98% isosafrole/3-5% safrole mix-- reaches the top of the (ev.) vigreux and the sidearm of the still head (it still refluxes back partially, that's good, you now have the purests vapours at that temp reaching the top of your vigreux and still head side arm) and starts condensing in the condenser and drips in the receiving flask.

C2.---The first small portion coming over will be the 5 to 2% safrole+?impurities? -left after the isomerization process.
When at that temp setting and vacuum nothing more comes over,  remove the receiving flask and discard this portion in a "Fore-run Safrole" labeled glass bottle for use in the next isomerization batch again! Check its DENSITY (and total weight of this fraction compared to the starting weight of your safrole!)  and compare it to my density data in

Post 294426

(LaBTop: "Sassafras components data", Methods Discourse)
in this thread.
Note this fore-run temp setting and density and total fraction weight in your labnotes (handy for your next batch).

C3.---Hang your receiving flask on the alonge again, switch the vacuum on again, and proceed to heat further untill you reach a new higher temp where as good as all fluid (isosafrole) at that temperature will come over. Inbetween you will have to check at intervals your (now) isosafrole vapour temperature in the still head (T-piece), if that goes up suddenly FAST more than 5-10°C, your done, all what comes next is not isosafrole and should be thrown away. Better don't use the leftovers from your distilling flask (KOH + Whatever carbonized shit?) in a next batch, just use then fresh KOH in your distilled and freezed-out safrole again!

Check the density of your obtained isosafrole against the density data in my

Post 294426

(LaBTop: "Sassafras components data", Methods Discourse)
in this thread.
If not sufficient precise, repeat the whole procedure again, until you got it RIGHT.
A PURE isosafrole will give you the highests REAL KETONE yields in a performic, peracetic or other method, ALWAYS!   LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

RoundBottom

two things...
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2002, 09:21:00 PM »
1. get popup ad filter from meaya software (www.meaya.com).  it's excellent.  doesn't always work, but there is other software like it, i just prefer this one. 

2. if i'm going to write a long post i usually type in notepad and copy and paste.  it's a better interface than the usualy web text field.

LaBTop

Yes!
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2002, 09:59:00 PM »
That's what I saw also, so again, like I showed you, data gathered on the Net, and god knows where else, should always be concidered as at least questionable. Practice proofs.

I begin to understand now why there was such a heap of contradictionary info gathering lately, lots of people believe they have found in one quick websearch some solid data, post it in full honesty, and then we see that ALL that data is questionable. What a mess. LT/ >:(

PS: I don't give a shit what Merck says, the density of pure safrole is definitely 1.1000.
3x freezer crystallizing gives a d20 of 1.099  !!!

WISDOMwillWIN

LaBTop

Unbelievable!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2002, 11:19:00 PM »
A VERY angry Argox has this to say:

I can't believe that nobody ever posted this:

Foolproof way to separate safrole from sassy oil, any volume.

1.  Pour 18L sassy into clean 20L white plastic bucket from Home Depot, cover bucket with plastic top.
2.  Put bucket in horizontal deep freezer (buy for $100 from second hand appliance store) for 8 hours.
3.  Pour off natent liquid on top of crystals into 2L glass beaker.
4.  Melt crytals by immersing covered 20L bucket into hot water bath.
5.  Repeat steps 2,3,4, using same 2L glass beaker to collect all liquid that doesn't crystallize.
6.  Repeat steps 2,3,4, using same 2L glass beaker to collect all liquid that doesn't crystallize.
7.  Measure specific gravity of liquid from melted crystals (safrole).  If less than 1.099, then repeat steps 2,3,4, but HIGHLY unlikely that you will need more than 3 crystallizations to acheive goal of d20 >1.099.
8.  Place 2L glass beaker in freezer for 2 hours, decant liquid from any crystals into a second 2L beaker.
9.  Melt any crystals in first 2L beaker on hotplate at 40 C.
10.  Repeat steps 8 and 9, until liquid from melted crystals has d20 of >1.099.
11.  Discard approx. 2 liters of yellow oil, which is probably eugenol and phellandrene.
12.  Result of above steps: about 16 liters of crystal clear 99% safrole.  D20 >1.099. And about 2 liters of yellow liquid, not safrole, and who the fuck cares what it is.

ALL the bullshit that Baalchemist posted about 1 gallon jugs and seed crystals and putting the jugs upside down and draining off liquid is BULLSHIT.
I tried that.  The liquid is formed ON TOP of the crystals, not on the bottom.  If you turn the jug upside down and crystallize, none of the liquid will pour out--you will have to drill a hole in the bottom of the jug to drain the liquid and then cut the jug apart to get the crystals out.  There is NO WAY he actually did it the way he describes--he just made that bullshit up.  Not one bee posted it right.  It is SO FUCKING SIMPLE, I can't believe it.  The natent liquid is forced to the top and middle of the 20L bucket by the crystal growth on the bottom and sides of the bucket, so the most simple decantation by pouring off the liquid is all that needs to be done.  It is not necessary to check temperatures and do many decantations at 2 to 5 degree intervals, since the unwanted product does not crystallize at above -9 C, which is about as cold as a second hand deep freeze is going to get, in fact you DO NOT want a super-duper freezer, just an old one that can cool to -5 C.  Some other bee mentioned filtering the crystals--BULLSHIT!  All that is needed to achieve d20 of >1.099 is 3 times crystallization and simple decantation.  Nothing else.  For most people, 2x crystallization which gives d20 of >1.098 will be sufficient.

Fuck, it makes me mad to realize the amount of time I wasted on fractional distillation !
The only drawback to this method is that it takes a few days.  But shit, fuck, damn!  If I had known how simple it was, I would have done it already a long time ago.
And if I hadn't tried out Baalchemists' BULLSHIT post, I wouldn't have spilled crystalls all over the floor when I cut the jug open, so that now the whole fuckin place reaks of safrole!

ForYourInfo the density of 100% safrole is probably close to 1.100, because simple 3x crystallization gives me a clear liquid with d20 of 1.0994.  The d20 is definitely NOT 1.096 like has been posted by everyone on Hive, including you (LT/) and terbium.

All of this makes me wonder about the mentality of bees who inhabit Hive.  Baalchemist, for example. What was he thinking, what was his possible motive, when he posted that BULLSHIT about 1 gallon jugs and seed crystals and turning the jugs upside down overnight in freezer.  I tell you he NEVER actually did what he posted, because it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.  Who are these weirdos, who pose as cooks, but obviously make things up.  What is their fucking motivation?  And am I the only idiot who actually TRIES what others post?  Fuck, I'm mad.

If I were still posting, I would post a scathing write-up about separating safrole from sassy, and I would flame every single bee who ever once mentioned fractional distillation of sassy, then I would roast Baalchemist for being a blatant liar about those fucking upside down jugs, and then I would burn anybody who ever got the d20 of safrole wrong, and then probably call into the question the motivation of all those bees who post bullshit, and name them, one by one.  Baalchemist, youAxxxxx Mxxxxxxxxxx.  And I'm stone sober, btw.

Sorry for the angry tone, just blowing off steam.  It just pisses me off, that after so many years, the Hive doesn't have a definitive step-by-step guide to this process, and I have to learn by figuring it out for myself, through trial and error.

Regards, Argox.

I fully understand the rage this guy is feeling, after all these years of blatantly wrong posts, and I have to blame myself also, to have let myself slowly suck into that kind of theorizing, while not taking the time to research these simple data a lot deeper.
The overall tendency on the Hive is leaning to posting proposals as concrete hard evidence or even first hand experience, while not having done anything constructive.
It is concidered by me that this kind of work is dangerous, but why the fuck do you come here then?

I will not allow any posts anymore which claim sincerity, who are not doublechecked first by at least 2 known exact operating Hivers, any other posts must contain a disclaimer:

This procedure, only tried, and truely, by me, member xxxxxxxxx.
Any responsibility is for the next experimenter, to see if this works as advertised.
After 2 confirmations from reliable wellknown honest Hivers, you can give me, member xxxxxxxx, the well earned congratulations.

I'm also getting sincerely pissed off. Not in the least on myself. LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

RoundBottom

agree with max...
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2002, 12:40:00 AM »
SWIM has never had a container in the freeze fail to completely freeze... but, SWIM has had a contianer sit in the fridge for over a week WITHOUT freezing.  SWIM has also had a container sit in the fridge and spontaneously freeze after a few hours (only once or twice).  SWIM has never had a cool container of oil not freeze when a seed crystal is used.

other info:  only 2 different batches of oil have been used.  the first completely froze when a seed crystal was used first time  this was after distilling half of it (a good exercise, but glad it doesn't need to be repeated).  the second had the varying results above.

RoundBottom

sounds like feedback.
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2002, 12:47:00 AM »
that system sounds a lot like the eBay feedback system.  if we have the mods decide who are the trusted bees to confirm any claims, then this system will be as secure as it's gonna get. 

but... who watches the watchers? 

LaBTop

Why the fuck am I still up?
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2002, 01:20:00 AM »
Let me tell you something, it's strange that only two of the ones I should trust to give me a counter expertise on a proposed "tried" method answer this nightly ranting.
And even stranger that they seem to doubt their own professionalism, clearly proven by their valuable postings in the near past, and think that THEY get attacked. Get some selfesteme!

I don't take it anymore, it's getting so fuckin annoying, btw, if you should have noticed, Osmium is nearly not answering any posts anymore, I slowly start to FUCKIN UNDERSTAND WHY!

And ofcourse I know that it is totally needless to even try to think to implement something like that 3x screening rule on a highly clandestine board like this, but I really get fed up with the literally THOUSANDS of TOTALLY bullshit posts about the trillionth time some obviously absolute idiot who can't spell, use punctuation or whatever, comes back to explain what he did wrong again, which utterly  important fact he now again discovered tonight, FUCK, the books and the Net is full of the answers.

No they need spoon feeding.
YOU know what?
Stick the fuckin spoon in your asses! LT/

WISDOMwillWIN