Author Topic: increasing tryptamine concentration in P. Cubes  (Read 4070 times)

mammIL

increasing tryptamine concentration in P. Cubes
« on: October 19, 2000, 10:13:00 PM »
would adding tryptophan to the growth medium increase the tryptamine levels?  If so how much should be added?

psyloxy

Re: increasing tryptamine concentration in P. Cubes
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2000, 02:14:00 AM »
tryptamine and DMT are known to increase psiloc[yb]in content but I'm not sure if Trp aslo does it (though I'd really like to know!).

--psyloxy-- Yeah mdma is funny but has anyone of you ever experienced ayahuasca ?

SPHYBRID

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2000, 05:52:00 PM »
Ah, I believe that it would. Decarboxylation after the acetylation/methylation of the amine would be sufficient to allow the hydroxylation of the indole 4 position I believe maybe 5. One is bufotenine. Decarboxylaton is very spontaneous. Maybe find out the enzyme/covitamin that contributes to the decarboxylation. Lemme see I think it is the pyridoxine or phospahte of pyridoxine + basic buffer NH3OH There you go.....?

SPHYBRID

SPHYBRID

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2000, 05:55:00 PM »
Yeah psyloxy ahyuasca was a crazy time, already posted about it though. More of a LSA +m carbolines+lotso cannabis extract= very crazy indead but good if your into that type of thing.

KrZ

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2000, 07:01:00 PM »
Erowid, I believe, has the appropriate ratio of tryptophan to add per weight of substrate in order to approximately double psilocin output.  They also have a paper detailing addition of tryptamine to produce quadruple the amount of psilocin.

A note on tryptophan decarboxylation;
Use 454g tryptophan, 1150 mL tetralin, and aliquot 4 13 mL portions of acetone.  Using the longest path-length condensor available setup a refulx system with an addition funnel.  Place the tryptophan, a stribar, and the tetralin in a 2L RBF and add the acetone to the addition funnel.  Pump ice-cold water through the condensor, add the first portion of acetone and commence reflux.  After a timed period of 3-4 hours, add the second fraction of acetone through the addition funnel dropwise.  Assure that there is a continuous supply of ice condensor fluid availbe.  Repeat until all of the aliquots have been added and reflux for a total time of between 12 and 18 hours.

Semtex

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2000, 12:27:00 AM »
Is there a post rxn workup/clean up proceedure, or just distill after the 12-18hours is up...?

::)  ::)

foxy2

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2000, 09:02:00 AM »
A simple acid base extraction should do the trick

sparks

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2000, 02:49:00 AM »
About that tryptophan thing, i think it was diskussed at the shroomery, and was found to make no increase in alkaloids,sorry.

KrZ

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2000, 04:02:00 AM »
I will believe published journal articles over your spun-out friends at the shroomery any day of the week.

ProxYuk

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2000, 10:01:00 PM »
I've heard of ayahuasca, isn't it a extract from a S. American bark? Is it legal and obtainable?

Dissociatives Opioids Psychedelics Entheogens
------DOPE-----=( ProxYuk )=-----DOPE------