Author Topic: Dried shrooms  (Read 4244 times)

Satan

Dried shrooms
« on: July 14, 2000, 12:47:00 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that the come up time on dried shrooms is much longer than with fresh shrooms?  I usually notice effects in 30mins fresh but dried shrooms can take up to 90 mins. Anyone have an explanation for this? 

dazey

Re: Dried shrooms
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2000, 03:59:00 PM »
I think tthat it takes some time for the boomers to get hydrated in your system. If i remember correctly, anything that is digested has to be hydrated by the body before digestion can occur. Dried stuff just dont break down.
dazey

Please give thanks to our matron Saint "Our Lady of The Blinding Light"

catharsis

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2000, 10:52:00 PM »
dazeys right..remember your dealing with some pretty rough tissue as well.. when its dried it takes more time for the goodies to be released.. it never takes 90 mins for me..dried or non its usually always 30 mins..

-------
purge the info.

ScuzZ

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2000, 03:23:00 AM »
Dried Shrooms take longer to activate because the shrooms have to be absorbed throught the stomach. Which means that they have to be hydrated before being absorbed. Taking  a  little longer than normal shrooms.
But I suggest that you eat them freshly picked(under 30mins) and raw... That way there's more magic juices in them and a better high.

Satan

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »
I agree, theyre better fresh but dried they can be kept all year round.

gnrm23

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2000, 06:53:00 PM »
tea (straight or flavored) works pretty well (and eliminates the need to ingest the indigestible chitin), and powdered shrooms mixed with chunky cinnamon applesauce is highly recommended...

don't you folks ever sleep?

catharsis

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2000, 05:57:00 AM »
I agree with the tea suggestion.. I varriate a bit when i eat though.. I was never partial to tea so i just crush em up boil or simmer..whichever you want..(some people say it destroys the goodies, heat that is) heating has never been a problem with me..I strain the water, then squeeze the stuff in the filter to get as much as i can out..and perhaps another extraction if im desperate.. but that much fluid is too much to drink in my opinion.. anyway i always add tons of sugar and a little koolaid mix. bit of think mushroom after taste but very easily edible(drinkable?)..

-------
purge the info.

gnrm23

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2000, 05:19:00 PM »
cinnamon & condensed apple juice ---> Psillycider... yummy hot or cold, stores well, freezes for poPsilocicle...
(potable? palatable?)

don't you folks ever sleep?

Alfa

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2000, 05:33:00 PM »
A fresh shroom may contain up to 20% more active ingredient as the next. So I like to use dried ones, so I know what dose I do. Sugar, niacin and vitamin C decrease the effects.
A suggestion for the extreme and the hardheads amoung us:

BE SURE TO HAVE A SITTER WITH YOU!
Boil a small dose of bouillon for one person. When it boils, you add one dose of shrooms (2,5 grams of mexican from some internet source)to the soup. Boil this for no more than 2 minutes otherwise the active compounds will be destroyed. Pour the soup in a cup. Which is placed in cold water. Drink the hot soup as soon as you are able to drink it.
As you will probably not be able to finish the soup, the sitter needs to take the cup from your hand, so you can lay down. Good flight.

Alfa

catharsis

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2000, 04:54:00 AM »
boil for 2 mins or less? i dont think this is for real..ive boiled for 10 mins or more and the liquid was still VERY active..i dont think heat is as big as a factor as many people say it is..perhaps for psilocin.. not for psilocybin. maybe you've higher amounts of the first in your mushroom?

-------
purge the info.

DrPepper

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2000, 08:37:00 PM »
Ok the thing is that psilocin is very much affected by the heat, psilocybin on the other hand takes longer before heat breaks it down, because your body turns it into psilocin.  As for the guy that said dried shrooms take hime 90 min before efects, your probably not breaking them up, that would be my guess, the smaller the particles of shrooms the more surface area for them to be hydrated.  And remember once the shrooms reach about 2 in in diameter(at the most) the psilocin and psilocybin production is pretty much halted

I nor you should ever do anything illegal. All information is for educational purposes only.

Mr_Smith

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2000, 09:07:00 PM »
I've heard rumors about a legendary purple syrup that mushrooms can be boiled down into. Heat may destroy some of the tryptamines, but, when you've got plastic shopping bags full, it doesn't seem to matter.  8)

spric

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2000, 09:17:00 PM »
Just chew the damn things.  If you want quicker effects, take a few papaya pills to aid in digestion, they even taste good.  If you want goo try making blue honey.  Throw in some dried mushrooms into some honey for a month.  The honey turns blue and will fry you.  I'm sure it wastes quite a bit of sillycybin, but it is a novel method of ingestion.

Jetson

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2000, 08:11:00 PM »
i believe the appearance of bluing in shrooms is the decomposition of the good stuff, and is to be avoided but is not inevitable, correct me if i'm wrong. i'm just saying because i've heard people say "oh man these are the dankest shrooms, look how blue....."

the devil is so lonely... >:(

taliesin

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2000, 12:45:00 AM »
Normal Cubensis don;t actually "turn" blue, they just have blue spots or a blue sheen because they were touched and bruised when they were freshly picked.

Also, the blue honey tastes along the lines of shit dipped in placenta mush, though that may be somebodys thing out there so whatever.

johny

Post deleted by johny
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2000, 03:17:00 AM »

Alfa

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2000, 02:41:00 AM »
johny,

that species looks like P. azurescens. the strongest on the planet. Are there mere resemblances?

Alfa