Author Topic: DMT Extraction ?  (Read 2283 times)

BlingBling

DMT Extraction ?
« on: December 09, 2002, 10:56:00 PM »
Is it normal, when vac filtering the initial polar collection, to end up with a foamy pink fiterate?

Ok, that sounded odd. I'll break it down a little more..

2.5 cups of 5% hcl, was added to 2.5 cups of MHRB (poowdered) Placed in blender.

Blended for a while at which point contents appeared to grow.

Turned on pump, attached hose to filter flask, poured the slurry into the buchner.

Nothing.. for a good 20 seconds.. then came the foam. Pink Foam. When the vacuum is turned off, the foam decreases 2x it's size and a dark redish brown liquid is noted.

I assume the extraction is going along fine, just curious why the foam is present. Is the foam the "fat" that is mentioned in several writeups? Should more 5% been added to change the consistancy?? No drops of water were noted comming out the tip of the buchner. Just foam, which broke down to the redish water once vacuum was broken.

Just curious if theres a way to speed the process up.. ie, more 5% initially.

starlight

completely normal
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 01:47:00 PM »
the liquid always foams if you vac filter it in my experience. not such a problem though - leave it and the foam goes away.

BlingBling

(sigh)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 07:14:00 PM »
So much work for such little product..   :(

supernate

little doses
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 08:03:00 AM »
good thing doses for dmt are so little.
what was your source?
i have used yopo seeds, and mimosa hostilis bark...
yopo gave dirty dmt...   mimosa was better,
though these days i watch my little sister synthesize  the n,n from indole acetic acid  (plant growth factor).

percent yields are always increased by scaling up the extraction.
next time try 1kg of mimosa. you wont be dissapionted.

GOD

swiy never let the shit soak!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 08:13:00 AM »
swiy never let the shit soak!
when doing the initial acidic soak, let that shit sit for a while... mild heat can bee added to speed the process.

just mixing then filtering doesnt give enough time.
And yes, at one time, swim remembers having seen pink foam -no biggie.

patience!

if swim remembers correctly, he saw about 5-8 grams out of a kg of said bark- but his memory SUCKS

heavenadisaster

let the bark steep in the acidic dh20 for at...
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 11:02:00 PM »
let the bark steep in the acidic dh20 for at least a few hours with a little heat after you blend it.  this time as well as pulling out alkaloids more thoroughly, will allow the foam to settle down, making the vac filtering easier.  make sure you wash out the blender too! dont waste all that bark stuck to the sides!