Author Topic: Timer/thermometer/clock  (Read 2273 times)

handsfull2

Timer/thermometer/clock
« on: May 15, 2002, 04:03:00 AM »
ran across this while looking in a world's foremost outfitters catalog sounds like it might have some uses for swim......

this timer incorporates a thermometer and clock all in one easy to use unit the thermometer utilizes a large LCD readout to display the inner temperture.

It has a range of 14 .f to 392.f with a high /low and inside the range programable alarm to alert you when you have reached your desired temperture .

also has a 24 hr countdown timer and countup stopwatch that can be used independently. 

It has a 36 inch stainless steel probe and wire... runs on a single AAA battery .. runs about 25 US dollars .

would the stainless probe be ok to use ? 

"why say something that will only make you look smarter then you are"

Rhodium

It depends on what you are going to dip it in.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 11:12:00 PM »
It depends on what you are going to dip it in. Stainless is not good in very acidic or basic solutions.

handsfull2

stainless
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2002, 06:15:00 AM »
Rhodium thanks for the info....

Thats what I wanted to know ...... but I still like the alarm for temp settings if the probe was glass Id' go for it..

'I've seen tommorow and it looks like today'

hest

Probes
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2002, 10:03:00 AM »
Put the probe into a xmall glastube(closed at one end) like an NMR tube or something like that. a drop off oil into the glasstub will do the heathtransfer. Works greath (and when you break the glass you throw it away)

handsfull2

glass tube
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2002, 08:17:00 AM »
Hey Hest, that sounds like a good idea .
just might have to give it a try.....

who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks....

'I've seen tommorow and it looks like today'