Author Topic: O2 Wacker  (Read 1932 times)

pooky

O2 Wacker
« on: July 03, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »
With many thanks to Nosepicker,had a successful O2 wacker,but shook it by hand until my arms nearly fell off.While laying in bed with a bad neck,thought may beĀ  an easier way than building a shaker.Pooky took a 2 litre pop bottle, half full of water and discovered that if it is spun about 2 revs per second(end over end)there is very good mixing going on.And possibly some marbles added may help stir things up.Methinks it would be easy to have a geared down electric motor spinning an axle at 120 or so rpm, with the pop bottle fastened to a bike wheel,or something of that nature.Has anyone done this? Thanks..

runne

Jigsaw KRV Shaker for O2 Wacker.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »
A buddy of mine told me that a good way to accomplish said procedure with a 2 liter bottle is to:

1) Get your electric Jigsaw out (the one with the blade that goes up and down...) and bend the bottom end of the blade into a "U" shape.
2) Buy some zap straps and attach one to the neck of the bottle, then attach one to the U shape of the blade.
3) Attach the two zap straps together with another zap strap.
4) Attach another zapstrap around the "trigger arm" so you can modify the speed of the blade by moving or tightening the zapstrap as needed.

Voila! A variable 2L Pop Bottle Shaker!

(in my buddy's experience, this has now worked well in over 20 reactions.

abolt

Compost tumbler
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 10:04:00 PM »

Post 413541 (missing)

(abolt: "Cyclewacker", Newbee Forum)