Author Topic: Final borohydride writeup  (Read 3306 times)

Bandil

Final borohydride writeup
« on: April 19, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »
Rhodium>
First off - i have no idea how to get the files to you in other ways, so sorry if its a bit difficult path your getting it via. As part of the whole nitroolefin to aminoalkane via BH4-CTH writeup, i have started by HTML'ing some of Bariums (and a little of my own) work, so it can be linked to in the coming CTH document. Hope you can use it on your page.

Here it is... Please critizise if i have made any typos and/or other idiotic things:

It needs the css file from rhodiums site to look properly, but once uploaded it should work just dandy.

Ill get cracking on the CTH writeup rigth away  :)

Regards
Bandil

weedar

a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »
I don't want to bee the bad guy here, but why not just
send him the files as an attachment in an e-mail? :)

Bandil

...because i do not want to send a regular...
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »
...because i do not want to send a regular email from my computer to such as suspicios adress? Any tips on how to do this in a clever way?

Barium

Toluene is not a good recrystallisation ...
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »
Toluene is not a good recrystallisation solvent for nitrostyrenes. IPA is way better. But the best, in my opinion, is EtOAc. It is hard to tell anything about the crystals with the resolution of the picture. But the pile to the right looks much better. Making 2,5-DMNS using methylamine you really need to watch the temp. Toluene does not remove the tar formed from too high condensation temp. EtOAc does.