Author Topic: 2-BR-4,5-DMMDA??? or something like that ...  (Read 3753 times)

locrian

2-BR-4,5-DMMDA??? or something like that ...
« on: July 09, 2002, 07:48:00 AM »
Sorry if the title sucks, I'm no chemist.  Anyways, just a thinking here,,,check it. 

If you look at 2C-B, what if there was a methylenedioxy ring on it?  #19 in Pihkal says:

A solution of 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA) in acetic acid was treated with elemental bromine, generating the hydrobromide salt of 2-bromo-4,5-methylenedioxyamphetamine in a yield of 61% of theory.

That sounds easy and he says only one person has made qualitative comments about this substance ("amphetamine-like").  Okay so this sounds easy enough if it works.  It would be worth trying out, right?

But let's say that one obtains DMMDA or DMMDA-2 (don't know if one would want it at the two position already - where would it add the Br if this were so?).  Then they go on to do the above procedure - generate the hydrobromide salt.  It would theoretically (...well in my theory anyways) have the methylenedioxy ring on it, the dimethoxy's (OCH3) attached, and the Br attached somewhere.  Like 2C-B but with a methylenedioxy ring.

1.  is this possible? 

2.  would it be a novel compound?

3.  (if #1 is yes) would it work with DMMDA or DMMDA-2 or both?

4.  (if #1 is yes and #3 is both) would they produce the same substance or a different substance?

5.  What would the positions of eveything be on the benzene ring in any of these circumstances (again if possible)? 

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just thinking here a little.  Don't forget ...we need new drugs!

Antibody2

1 - yes definately 2 - yes 3 - yes and no, ...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 03:36:00 PM »
1 - yes definately
2 - yes
3 - yes and no, 6Br-DMMDA-2 has already been synthesized and the proceedure was posted by antibody in the compete synthesis of DMMDA-2 posted by antibody in December 01.
So far as i am aware this has not been attempted with DMMDA, although it is certainly doable.

4 - The bromine atom will take the same position in both analogues: 6. but the methoxy groups are in different positions.

5 - in DMMDA they are in the 2,5 positions, with DMMDA-2 they are in the 2,3 poitions.

i would expect entirely different activties from both compounds. Bioassays for 6Br-DMMDA-2 are also posted with the proceedure, although they are divergent with widely variing degrees of activity (be careful, one subject was rendered incapable of walking for 8 hours!)

i would be very interested in hearing some 6Br-DMMDA trip reports

Chromic

Yuck!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 11:40:00 PM »
6-br-dmmda-2 was aweful! I'd try putting that bromine atom elsewhere.. =)

Antibody2

its interesting how differently drugs effect ...
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2002, 12:10:00 AM »
its interesting how differently drugs effect different users Chromic,  the 6Br experience for instance. i'm tempted to do another bioassay at 125-150mgs to see if the experience paralells your own.

i was even interested to note the different pharmacology of TMA2 on both of us, at large doses i found it almost a relgious experience, but a reassuring one. i felt very in tune with everything around me and the afterglow lasted almost two days yet you found the experence overpowering and isolating.

maybe its because when i megadose, i prefer to be alone so there is no one around to cause me stress or get all flipped out, who knows maybe one day we trip togather amigo

locrian

Thanks, AB2 and Chromic.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2002, 02:54:00 AM »
Thanks, AB2 and Chromic.  Sorry I missed that - well didn't miss it, I've read that writeup numerous times, it just now registered.  Duh.  Although now I'm a little turned off to the idea with 6-Br-DMMDA-2.  If only Apiole were as easily obtainable as Dillapiole ...Anyways, what about the n-methyl derivatives of these compounds?  Would you guess they would be as weak as the deriv.'s of the compound without the Bromine atom attached?  Or do you think that could be possibly worth the effort as well? 

...there's just too many possibilities, you know.

Vibrating_Lights

Varying impact
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2002, 07:27:00 AM »
Vl ;) __________________________________________________________

It is interesting how drugs affect people differently.  Someone has been conducting a study of the pharmological affects of 3-iodo PMMA. 3-iodo PMMA was prepared by Vac distillation of PMMA freebase and iodination with I2 and silversulfate in DCM. Instrustions for iodination will come later but the original procedure was adapteed from the iodination pater on rhodiums site.
VL_______________________________________
So far the findings show a wide range of sensitivity to the compound.  What is strange though is that the sensitivity to the compound seems to relate only to the subjects prior hallucinigenic use.
Vl________________________________________________________
For example #27 Male wt. 145 lbs Heavy user of Psycadelic drugs for 6 yrs.Psilocybin LSD MDMA MDA Mescaline PCP ketamine. Daily mj smoker.
oral 150mgs
"at t+45 a slight lightheadedness and confusion of thought became evident and there was dificulty grasping elemetary concepts.
This Lightened and gave way to heavy eye jittering the eye jitters came in waves lasting about 2 mins at a time.  This was not in my control and couldn't be stopped.  In addition there was some violent jaw chatering/clentching. during the entire experience everything had a sparkle and colors took on a gold pastel tone. The most amazing part was durint the time from t+115 and until sleep there was full color hullucinations.  For example a black cat sitting on top of a tv with purple paws, Seeing xxx walk into the room grab the DVD remote and walk out. X was not even present.  My friend xx was laying on the floor in a sleeping bag and it appeared the xxx was int the sleeping bag with her.  XX asked me to leave the room so her and xx could be alone.  I left the room and layed on the couch to try and get to sleep.  The next day she had a word with me about why in the hell i just got up and walked out, left her all alone,  and didn't come back.  Too many more visuals to remember"
Secondary Comment 1 week later
"It was like I was seeing everything for the first time ,gimmme more"

Then
#15 male 150 lbs  No hallucinigen experience occasional Mj smoker.
150mgs oral
" Came on in 50 mins.  First thing i noticed was a warm feeling all over my body.  This warm feeling presisted for the next 5 hrs with 2.5 additional hours of a warm dreamy state before sleep.  Everything was slightly shimmering had a sparkle to it.  There was some minor jaw clenching that came in spurts almost not noticable.  There was a slight difficulty proscessing thoughts.  Sex was incrediable an erection was maintained for 3 hrs with multiple orgasms.  At times it seems as we were an extention of the bed(we were a a part of it)

Post experience 7 & 14 days following 150 Mgs of MDMA and MDA respectivly was administered at the request of the subject.  It provided the needed hallucinigenic control to make an accurate comparison

After experiencing both MDA and MDMA how would you compare this compound???
"It was like the MDA without the visuals but it also had the warmth and well being feeling of the MDMA."

This is just one example of many to be published later.
VL_

Antoncho

Highly interesting!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2002, 08:23:00 AM »
I'm drooling to hear more!

Cool! 8)

Antoncho

P.S. Yeah, don't forget the iodination write-up ;) , you'll bee the 1st one on the Hive to do this, AFAIK.

Vibrating_Lights

Possible Methamphetamine interaction
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2002, 09:06:00 AM »

Methamphetamine Should not be used by anyone experimenting with this compound

Vibrating_Lights

before anyone doubts so hardily
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2002, 06:07:00 PM »
Before some one doubts so hardily they might try this Elementary synth themself. Unless anyone has some actual data to back up these accusations, other than a porly worded post, which you do not, then FUCK OFF. ;) Your negativity is better aimed somewhere else. Just because you don't have the time to experiment with a novel compound for research purposes, not profit, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Chromic

brominated PMA
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2002, 09:06:00 PM »
I took some 3-Br-PMA and it wasn't much fun. It hard the short-lasting stimulant effects of PMA along with the light hallucinogenic stupor. It was sort of fun in small bumps, as it provided a nervous sort of energy that was nice to dance on. I doubt 3-I-PMMA is any more enjoyable. I could easily synth some 3-Br-PMMA to verify this...

Ab2,TMA-2 was considerably more fun, and was good to take with another person... it wasn't isolating, and conversations were fun... it wasn't a dance drug by any means. It threw my pulse up over 120bpm and left me without much energy to move around. I do recommend this drug though! I'd definitely like to hear what you find at a higher dose of 6-br-dmmda-2 too...

locrian

Reply to 'before anyone doubts so hardily '
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2002, 09:08:00 PM »
Take it easy, VL, I believe you and I'm proud of you.  We need more bees thinking and posting these sorts of things.  I can't really argue the science either way - I'm not that good.  But I do know we need new drugs!  Anything like this will help.  Even if it were bullshit (which I DON'T think it is unless MaDMAx can prove and expound on his theory that it is), it's still inspiring and may motivate others to try similar things. 

I think he's just trying to push you a little further and get ALL the details from you, dawg. 

BTW - don't be a grammar snob! ;)   And I seriously doubt Max's whole motives in being in this field are strictly profit.

Vibrating_Lights

the reason no details
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2002, 11:06:00 PM »
The reason there have not been any more details of this study provided is that the researchers wish to provide a complete professional report once the work is completed. Providing a complete report before all nescesary pharmacological tests have been done could prove dangerous.  A new compound in the wrong hands could mean disaster. The only reason it was mentioned in this thread at all was to contribute to the discussion about the varying affects of drugs.   The study being conducted with 3-iodo PMMA to determine if it is safe for distribution and at what dosages it will be affective for the general consumer.
Chromic if you wish to validate this then Make the iodo analog.  If the bromo analog were made it would not provide a valid comparison for the compound in question.
So far no conclusive evidence has been found as to why there is such a wide range of human response to this compound.

Antoncho

LOL
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2002, 06:31:00 AM »
;D  ;D  ;D

i just enjoy reading such threads!

Antoncho

Vibrating_Lights

Been edgy
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2002, 07:38:00 AM »
No offence taken just been edgy lately.
VL_