Author Topic: The Hive back online at Erowid  (Read 29829 times)

Offline Lilienthal

• Larvae
The Hive back online at Erowid
« on: September 22, 2015, 12:53:11 PM »
We have just launched The Hive Archive, the original and complete mirror of the Hive forum at Erowid under https://the-hive.archive.erowid.org.

The Hive was an influential web forum discussing the chemistry of mind-altering compounds that was started in 1997 and attracted a vibrant international community of more than 8,500 active users until it went offline by the end of 2004 at about half a million posts. The forum was taken offline in 2004 when the hosting company was sold and the admins would no longer have direct physical access to the server. There were several attempts to bring the forum back online over the years, with plans on using elaborate network tunneling and proxy schemes to hide the server, but in the meantime the persons behind the board had moved on and were busy with new projects and careers.

The archive is a mirror of the forum from November 15, 2004, the day the server had to be taken offline due to hosting issues. As an archive, the board is read-only and it is not possible to log in. All private information has been removed, including passwords, email addresses, private messages, non-public forums, orphan file uploads and cached images. All automatically expired Couch posts have been restored and early messages have been imported. The forum is running the original and fully functional software that has been updated for current environments. The board's content has been converted to UTF-8 so that Cyrillic texts now display correctly without any tweaks. Further details and some background can be found under https://archive.erowid.org.

Offline unlikely_username

• Subordinate Wasp
Re: The Hive back online at Erowid
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 12:55:53 PM »
Good to know, thanks!

Offline PIEranoSoarusREX

• Larvae
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 01:57:28 PM »
I wonder if the archive contains all of these missing posts that are not found on any of the other archives?
https://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php?topic=8385.0

Offline PIEranoSoarusREX

• Larvae
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 02:06:02 PM »

Offline aYoungKing

• Pupae
  • The World is Mine
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 04:18:33 PM »
I wonder if the archive contains all of these missing posts that are not found on any of the other archives?
https://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php?topic=8385.0

i think it does. it would be great to get back the long lost posts

Offline aYoungKing

• Pupae
  • The World is Mine
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 04:44:41 PM »
i just checked and the missing posts from http://mdma.ch/hiveboard/crystal/000408293.html very well work in the new achieve.

Offline Zippy

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 05:56:17 PM »
Awesome.  I searched and all of my posts are there evidently.

Offline Tungsten.Chromium

• Larvae
  • Before all else, Bee Safe!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 12:29:32 AM »
Always glad to have another mirror of the hive online.

I haven't run across any missing threads from the http://mdma.ch/hiveboard, but I'm still a relatively new bee and probably haven't been digging around enough.  One thing that I thought was strange was how I couldn't find any of Strike's posts though, did he ever start new threads? 

The background, timeline, and statistic data is pretty neat though, like a Hive-o-pedia or something.   
"According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. It's wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway, because bees don't care what humans think is impossible."

Offline Moriarty

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 12:35:03 AM »
He had tons of posts that were deleted by admin so as if to not make it harder on the guy as he was involved in a criminal case from 2000 to something like 2003.  I once stumbled upon a post of his they forgot to remove and they promptly did so upon being informed.

Moriarty
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:00:11 AM by Moriarty »
"The bus came by and I got on
That's when it all began" -Grateful Dead

Offline Zippy

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 02:36:49 AM »
I was looking at my dearly departed best bee Slappy's posts and found this gem.

P2P's by Pd-catalyzed arylation of acetoacetates
(Rated as: excellent)        

The yields are no good. You need to use a beta-ketoester as the acetone source, then decarboxylate.

That is why I present...

Synthesis of substituted Phenylacetone derivatives via Pd-catalysed alpha-Arylation of Acetoacetate esters.

The efficent large scale synthesis of Phenylacetone and it's derivatives can be accomplished from economical precursors via a Pd-catalysed coupling reaction, and subsequent decarboxylation. First, Methyl (or Ethyl) Acetoacetate is alpha-Arylated with an Aryl Halide (Ph-Br, Ph-I, Ph-OTf), to form 1-Carbomethoxy-Phenylacetone. This ester is then decarboxylated by boiling in dilute HCl, yielding P2P. The attractivness of this route is that it starts from cheap, commodity chemicals (Bromobenzene, Ethyl Acetoacetate, and tribasic Potassium Phosphate are less than $30/kg), low catalyst loading (1-2 mol% Pd), and high efficiancy (yield 80-90%).

The mechanism involves oxidative addition of Ar-X to the Pd center to give Ln(Ar)Pd-X (where L=1 or 2),which then coordinates to the enolate (formed by the beta-Ketoester and base, like K3PO4), and eliminates a mole of KX, giving Ln(Ar)Pd-Enolate, which couples the coordinated Aryl moiety, and reductivly eliminates.

Aryl Halide (1 eq)  = R-Ph-Br, R-Ph-I, R-Ph-OTf
Alkyl Acetoacetate (1.2 eq)
Base (2 eq) = K3PO4
Pd pre-catalyst (1 mol%) = Pd(OAc)2, Pd2(dba)3
Phosphine ligand (2.2 mol%) = PPh3, PtBu3, PCy3

Sutible solvents:
THF, Toluene, Dioxane

Reaction conditions:
10-48h at 70-100°C

Ref:

Buchwald et al., "Highly Active and Selective Catalysts for the Formation of a-Aryl Ketones", J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2000, 122, 1360-1370
Hartwig et al., "Transition metal-catalysed process for preparing alpha-arylated carbonyl containing compounds", Patent US6057456

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 03:42:53 AM »
Nice!
I wonder what provoked this? They just had all the missing content since it went down? I think someone said that having the archive on this site would put pressure on "the powers that be" would encourage them to share the full archive - I don't know how much I even buy into that idea, but maybe such a thing just happened? I bet not.

Going to see if we can crawl over the missing bits and integrate with the "living hive archive" on this site - where users can indeed comment on it.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:44:25 AM by Vesp »
Vespiary Archive: https://anonfiles.com/LcP9E4Y9u6/backup-2021-12-01_zip

Bitcoin: 1VespJ7dUtwMmvz6oDsMFDzs18kML58UV

Monero: 423c1FAdzQKPQRZEnsK84vSff7M8hCZoR16dvBkzFev3PwEDpLhgneHYyscUgmyVtyXyjMgLjhpGiePKZks16iN95UwXUKk

Offline PIEranoSoarusREX

• Larvae
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 04:25:01 AM »
re:  "Going to see if we can crawl over the missing bits and integrate with the "living hive archive" on this site - where users can indeed comment on it. "

:) nice

Offline java

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 04:36:25 AM »

......i just couldn't keep quiet any longer , it just pisses me off for you (Vesp), to cannibalize other forums only to improve your presence , if you read the forward on the Hive archives , it clearly says its for Read Only, just like any other forum that has gone out of circulation , its unprofessional to do what you do, isn't reading the works of others enough?....be creative add some essence with your own members and stop cannibalize others works.......java
"If you like yourself....then take care of yourself"

Offline Lipbalm

• Donated!
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 05:01:15 AM »
Damn Java, that's kind of harsh. Especially when considering that you have more knowledge, experience, and skills then anyone else here yet you do not contribute. Kind of hard to blame Vesp for not relying just on his members' contributions when his most seasoned knowledgable members do not contribute. And I think most here are greatly appreciative for the Hive archives that Vesp added.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 05:22:37 PM by Lipbalm »
Any book you want for free:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/

Any research paper you want for free:
sci-hub.cc

Offline ijontichy

• mascóns …
  • Pupae
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 06:27:19 AM »
Going to see if we can crawl over the missing bits and integrate with the "living hive archive" on this site - where users can indeed comment on it.

what about hyperlab? Can you do that also? I can help you translate it...
if but for a single instant you could see this world of ours the way it really is—undoctored, unadulterated, uncensored—you would drop in your tracks!

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 06:49:58 AM »
Damn Java, that's kind of harsh. Especially when considering that you have more knowledge, experience, and skills then anyone else here yet you do not contribute. Kind of hard to blame Java for not relying just on his members' contributions when his most seasoned knowledgable members do not contribute. And I think most here are greatly appreciative for the Hive archives that Vesp added.

To be fair Java is a great contributor to many places; sciencemadness, the collective, and others, just not this site. He used to be, as did others; No1uno, Lugh, and a good amount of The Hive moderators. They all used to be moderators, and if I could, I would make amends with Java, as he really did contribute a lot in providing resources and references.

The bitterness, as I understand (could be wrong?) comes from me removing all of these people as moderators from this site. Which I believe has yielded more posts and a better atmosphere - at least the site statistics would strongly suggest.
A lot of them were not nice to newer members who were less experienced and seeking knowledge.

The reason I did it was simple though: we don't see eye to eye on something. My goal with this site has always been to provide a community and access to information, and discussion and I believe redundancy is great. While it seems like others only want certain people to have certain information. Mostly when it comes to Helional.

So what if I have a Hive archive on this site, it is everywhere else; The Pirate Bay, Erowid, a few onion sites, on MDMA.ch, and the lyceaum.

I find the accusation of unprofessional an odd term to use. I am just making information available, adding redundancy to ensure that the information remains available for the future.

Let's not forget that I provided all of the previous mods with a MySQL database of this site, free for them to use or integrate or archive or display for their own purposes. None of them took me up on that offer.
 I have also provided an HTML backup of this forum. I WANT people to re-share and re-host this.
I don't know how you could be against those actions or ideas.

Monero: 423c1FAdzQKPQRZEnsK84vSff7M8hCZoR16dvBkzFev3PwEDpLhgneHYyscUgmyVtyXyjMgLjhpGiePKZks16iN95UwXUKk

Offline java

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 03:22:26 PM »
"So what if I have a Hive archive on this site, it is everywhere else; The Pirate Bay, Erowid, a few onion sites, on MDMA.ch, and the lyceaum. "....that's not the point, by you opening up the remnants of the hive that was available prior to Lilienthal posting the whole archive over at Erowid. ....to continue posting on threads from other forum members is not right! Whats wrong with just reading the information .....and now you're talking on doing the same the new batch of files from the archives just released.....won't you just leave it as such.... archives...read only ? 

Just to clarify a thing or two, I have never had any conflict with your prior to your moment of wanting to release the forum to the moderators at the time, I pretty much had my own realm and posted information for all to read and learn....as I've done for over a decade started at the  Hive and many other forums ....as solo at SM I've done the same thing for 13 years. So I say this without any personal interest on controlling your forum, I just dislike the way you've treated the long standing members in this forum that helped you build it and moderate it for many years.....not including myself as i only came in to give information....the moderator status was given not asked for....so i can manage the Reference Section of the forum......just to be clear...java

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 06:19:03 PM »
So the main complaint is that I make it so people can comment on an old thread? I'd really like to know why that's a problem. I figure it just made it easier than finding, quoting it in a new thread that's created about the same thing. 

Also, all the other moderators and their advice and the way they were treating the new members was absolutely killing the forum. Look at the stasts, as I added them the discussion declined, information was surpressed, rude unhelpful responses were more prevalent than actual helpful responses from many of the mods. 

It seemed fair to me to remove all of the moderators at once, and provide them all with a backup to do with what they wanted: after all, they did contribute a lot so they should get such a thing. 

Offline Lipbalm

• Donated!
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 06:37:36 PM »
as I added them the discussion declined, information was surpressed, rude unhelpful responses were more prevalent than actual helpful responses from many of the mods. 

Some of the mods were straight up elitist assholes.

sci-hub.cc

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 08:17:21 PM »
as I added them the discussion declined, information was surpressed, rude unhelpful responses were more prevalent than actual helpful responses from many of the mods. 

I did really like no1uno a lot of the time, and Java of course - but it seemed lugh was the leader and often propagated some sort of behavior of posting a canned response that was less helpful than UTFSE. I mean, it wasn't horrible - but it wasn't good.

Site growth: https://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php?action=stats
2008: I created it at the end of 2008.
2009: Sedit joins and invites a bunch of people, he really helped get it started.
2010-2011: Its basically at it's prime, everyone is present but moderation is low and openness is high. Naf1 really stands out. I miss him, was a great guy.
2012: Naf1/German and all the Helional controversy begins, I create some hidden subforums for elite people (mistake on my end, for sure as it breeds suppression of information.
2013-2014: site is dying, I start to hate running it because of what it has become and I almost give it away.
2014-2015: I remove all mods, change it to being more open and more indexed - and growth restores back to how it was at its prime. This year is likely to yield 8050 posts from a recent low of 2,876 - the contrast would be even greater if we look the rate it is still growing, and when I made the changes.

Next year we'll probably hit 12,000 or so posts - and it all seems pretty good in quality/discussion and not much drama. 

Offline Macro69

• Anabolic Bee
  • Larvae
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 08:37:17 PM »

I did really like no1uno a lot of the time, and Java of course - but it seemed lugh was the leader and often propagated some sort of behavior of posting a canned response that was less helpful than UTFSE. I mean, it wasn't horrible - but it wasn't good.

2008: I created it at the end of 2008.
2009: Sedit joins and invites a bunch of people, he really helped get it started.
2010-2011: Its basically at it's prime, everyone is present but moderation is low and openness is high. Naf1 really stands out. I miss him, was a great guy.
2012: Naf1/German and all the Helional controversy begins, I create some hidden subforums for elite people (mistake on my end, for sure as it breeds suppression of information.
2013-2014: site is dying, I start to hate running it because of what it has become and I almost give it away.
2014-2015: I remove all mods, change it to being more open and more indexed - and growth restores back to how it was at its prime. This year is likely to yield 8050 posts from a recent low of 2,876 - the contrast would be even greater if we look the rate it is still growing, and when I made the changes.

Next year we'll probably hit 12,000 or so posts - and it all seems pretty good in quality/discussion and not much drama.

I been on many forums over the years, last few years have been lame until I stumbled on here, besides some private sites this is the only place I visit really anymore.  Thanks for keeping it going bro.

Offline Tungsten.Chromium

• Larvae
  • Before all else, Bee Safe!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 11:43:21 PM »
I been on many forums over the years, last few years have been lame until I stumbled on here, besides some private sites this is the only place I visit really anymore.  Thanks for keeping it going bro.

I want to second this. 

I literally dreamed about being a part of the hive back in the day and when a friend of mine recommended this forum I was ecstatic, even a little unbelieving at first.  An active clan chem forum with many bees who from what I have seen, are very helpful and friendly.  It seems like this site is great for those getting their feet wet as well as some of the more advanced techniques where as the-collective (from what I've heard), is only for those who already have a serious background with experience.  Each site is good for a different purpose.

I hope to see this site grow into the next hive and believe it will over time. 
"According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. It's wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway, because bees don't care what humans think is impossible."

Offline SubliminallyOveranalyzed

• Negative, distrustful, fearful or degrading attitudes towards others always work against the self
  • Subordinate Wasp
  • Death=Your inability2PerceiveEnergy transformation
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 01:30:35 AM »
One definitely thirds that motion, much props and thanks to any proprietors, contributors, and anything synonymous to them......

it's nice to have a home for a change..... particularly when one has been on the road  for a similar number of years like sub has......
being a hobo sucks after a while...........even with a good burn barrell and deserted alley!

Because to have equality, you have to give people the right to take from others.......and what happens is, A and B decide what we shall do for C and D,

Much appreciation Vesp, Elder bees, and everybody that helps make this little dungeon of ours' a home!!

"If a society first aims for equality, rather than liberty, it will end up with neither, and a society that aims first for liberty, will not end up with equality, but it will end up with a closer approach to equality than any other sytem that has ever been developed..........

Because following through the implications of aiming first at equality, it becomes clearer..........One can only aim at equality, when one gives some people the right to take things from others, and what ultimately happens, is that A and B decide what C shall do for D    ..............except that they take a little bit of a commission off on the way " ~~~Milton Friedman
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:12:39 AM by SubliminallyOveranalyzed »
You draw to yourself in this existence and in all others those qualities upon which you concentrate your attention. If you vividly concern yourself with the injustices you feel have been done you, then you attract more such experience, and if this goes on, then it will be mirrored in your next existence. It is true that in between lives there is "time" for understanding and contemplation.

Those who do not take advantage of such opportunities in this life often do not do so when it is over. Consciousness will expand. It will create. It will turn itself inside out to do so. But there is nothing outside of yourself that will force you to understand your issues or face them, now or after physical death.

The opportunity for development and knowledge is as present at this moment, in this life, as it will ever be. If you ignore day-by-day opportunities for development now, no one can force you to accept and utilize greater abilities after death, or between lives. The teachers are there in after-death experience, but there are also teachers here in your existence now.

If man paid more attention to his own subjective behavior, to those feelings of identification with nature that persistently arise, then half of the dictates of both the evolutionists and the creationists would automatically fall away, for they would appear nonsensical. It is not a matter of outlining a whole new series of methods that will allow you to increase your psychic abilities, or to remember your dreams, or to perform out-of-body gymnastics. It is rather a question or a matter of completely altering your approach to life, so that you no longer block out such natural spontaneous activity.

~Seth in TES9 (The Early Sessions Book9) by Jane Roberts - Session 510 - January 19 1970 (Seth is an energy personality essence no longer focused in physical reality for existence, as trance-channeled by author & medium Jane Roberts & her husband Robert Butts from Dec 1964 - Sep 1984 [Jane's Death])

Offline Lipbalm

• Donated!
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 01:37:54 AM »

This is all 2009. Those two had left the forum by 2011.

sci-hub.cc

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 02:32:01 AM »
Jesus really? Okay got that backwards. Hard to remember. I need to look over it all again.

Offline Lipbalm

• Donated!
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 02:50:01 AM »
Jesus really? Okay got that backwards. Hard to remember. I need to look over it all again.

Sedit invited German from WD in early 2009. German came over bringing Naf1 with him as they were working on phenylalanine to meth together at the time. Shortly after joining German started with helional and Naf1 shortly followed. Naf1 then took helional into the public section and then shortly after he disappeared in late 2009 (most likely arrested). German then left a few short months later a month into 2010. So they both came and went in 2009. Then in beginning of 2010 the forum started to go downhill until it almost died circa 2012.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:55:40 AM by Lipbalm »

sci-hub.cc

Offline Moolybdenum

• gazing and grazing
  • Larvae
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 03:09:38 AM »
I also think the hive should stay as read only.

If a response for these posts is coming, then one should just quote/new topic.

Glad to see this appear!

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 04:14:55 AM »
Not at all opposed to "freezing it".

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 04:17:17 AM »

Sedit invited German from WD in early 2009. German came over bringing Naf1 with him as they were working on phenylalanine to meth together at the time. Shortly after joining German started with helional and Naf1 shortly followed. Naf1 then took helional into the public section and then shortly after he disappeared in late 2009 (most likely arrested). German then left a few short months later a month into 2010. So they both came and went in 2009. Then in beginning of 2010 the forum started to go downhill until it almost died circa 2012.

Yeah that sounds right.  I've talked to German a few times since, maybe that confused me and/or I'm just really pretty butthurt about the whole Naf1 situation. Used to talk to him a lot via Pm just about things.  Really smart really nice guy. Damn shame as to what happened, which I can only kinda figure out it was a raid and a pretty serious jail sentence. 

Offline Lilienthal

• Larvae
Please wait with crawling
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 09:37:41 AM »
Please wait with crawling, we are thinking about a complete download package plus we are currently making the board easier to crawl, e.g. by implementing static links and non-redundant links for crawlers. Please check https://archive.erowid.org for announcements.

Offline ijontichy

• mascóns …
  • Pupae
Re: Please wait with crawling
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2015, 12:23:06 PM »
Please wait with crawling, we are thinking about a complete download package plus we are currently making the board easier to crawl, e.g. by implementing static links and non-redundant links for crawlers. Please check https://archive.erowid.org for announcements.

why should someone download a probably spiked huge database when he can access it and comment right on the spot here? Man, don't try to slip us a Mickey Finn. All of a sudden this archive is back online, and that's great, but in my opinion Vesp should continue what he's doing with the up-to-date implementation. I think is far more knowledgeable with encryption / PGP / security / VPN and all this shit than the-hive ever was.
if but for a single instant you could see this world of ours the way it really is—undoctored, unadulterated, uncensored—you would drop in your tracks!

Offline myhero

• The Tropaneologist
  • Dominant Wasp
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2015, 02:36:17 PM »
I believe the Hive archive should be kept as an archive and it should not be possible to register, post new things , add on to existing threads. If we do so there will be many versions of the hive archives sooner or later, while all the community wanted was just a single unified and complete version of the archive.

That's my opinion BTW.

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2015, 04:20:41 PM »
Yeah I'm going to make this archive so it can't be commented on anymore, but still have it be easily quoted and posted in a new thread and searchable like it is currently.

Offline myhero

• The Tropaneologist
  • Dominant Wasp
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2015, 12:17:37 PM »
I believe if you close registrations and delete all new users and stop people from loggin in it should be fine

Offline Lipbalm

• Donated!
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 05:45:55 PM »
I believe if you close registrations and delete all new users and stop people from loggin in it should be fine

Just delete everyone with less than 409 posts.

sci-hub.cc

Offline twoswords

• Larvae
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2015, 08:21:08 AM »
Thank you to all who made this possible.  :)
All the missing posts appear to bee there.
Aurelius p2p compilation for example.
It would be nice if the Rhodium and download links worked too.

Offline sophie7

• Tiktaktiktaktiktak
  • Dominant Wasp
  • Love been eating
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2015, 04:24:16 PM »
I have tried once put they ask for  cookies
some strange issue maybe?
str? prst skrz krk

Offline Tryptamine

• Larvae
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2015, 03:27:17 AM »
I've been robbed 2 times online.  Overgrow and thehive/synthetihkal. 

Offline twoswords

• Larvae
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2015, 04:06:30 AM »
I've been robbed 2 times online.  Overgrow and thehive/synthetihkal.

What did they rob from you?

Offline The Lone Stranger

• Dominant Wasp
  • THE SITE HERETIC and DEVILS ADVOCATE
    • YouTopia
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2015, 11:33:06 AM »
" I've been robbed 2 times online.  Overgrow and thehive/synthetihkal.   "

I'm not sure if i understand that ? What do you mean ? Are you the owner of the hive , synthetikal and overgrow ?

( I edited the humor out of the post because others dont share my sense of humor and i dont want to ofend anyone  . Sorry if anyone missunderstood my humor and felt / feels ofended )

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:55:30 PM by The Lone Stranger »
“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” Albert Einstein

Offline twoswords

• Larvae
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2015, 07:54:45 AM »
What happened to rhodium.ws?
I have read in different forums that the original rhodium site was bigger than what is available here and at erowid etc.
Can anybody say if this is so?

Offline taz007

• Pupae
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2015, 12:31:56 PM »
After spending a year obsessed with the idea of making molly reading every related hive post etc over and over, i found this place and it was real!!!!! couldn't believe it there arent many people who you can talk to about chemistry when your not a 'chemist', this place is like home.

Offline Impossible

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2015, 09:10:49 PM »
Does anyone have a link to the jan1983 large scale 2-phenylpropanal rearrangement document?  I've not been able to find it on any of the assorted HIVE archives.

Offline twoswords

• Larvae
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 08:23:33 AM »
Does anyone have a link to the jan1983 large scale 2-phenylpropanal rearrangement document?  I've not been able to find it on any of the assorted HIVE archives.

This one?
http://tinyurl.com/qc2ehpp
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:27:24 AM by twoswords »

Offline Impossible

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »
No, I've only ever seen it as a .DOC file copy/paste of the actual hive thread.

It details the construction of apparatus and active heat transfer circuit using peltiers, and subsequent use in a writeup on a multi kilogram scale.

Offline java

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2015, 08:28:19 PM »
.....this is what you want..it was here all the time at the Arc of the Hive......java
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:30:27 PM by java »

• Dominant Wasp
    • YouTopia
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2015, 05:30:12 PM »
Lilienthal ...... Read the download instructions and have tryed to do it  several times but i only get one file and then the downlaod breaks off ? So questions ---- >

How can it be done ...... please ?
How big is it ?
How many files are in it ?

And the pregnant questions that noone is asking  ------ >

What problems caused the hive to close and as there is a backup from the day it went down why didnt it go back online again somewhere else within a few days ?

“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” Albert Einstein

• Dominant Wasp
    • YouTopia
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2015, 12:48:19 PM »
At thread ---- >

As the methane is getting thick ---- >

I'm sure that i had a lot to do with the changes for the better that were made here . I openly protested about the ' eliteism ' and ' Hitler youth ' atmosphere here in those days that was stifiling the forum .

I felt that a small group of people were trying to bully and dominate Vesp and take the forum over wich in my opinion would have turned it into just another meth forum and killed it .

I am sure that a large part of the reason that the hive was so popular was because members were allowed to talk and express themselves and their personalitys as they wanted within sensible limits . The moderation was good and because of that it still makes good reading and is very popular .

The ' reasoning ' of a few people that the hive should stay dead because then there would be different competeing versions is flawed ...... are there competeing versions that people can post in ?

If there are is / would that be a bad thing or good because then each one would be competeing to be the better one = a good thing because that would encourage quality and eventualy people would vote with their feet and the best one would win and the good chemists would move to it .

I think open it again with at least some of the administrators , moderators and members which would then inspire new thoughts and inovations ...... and through their experience help to train a new generation of chemists . I'm sure it would attract very many good people old and new to it . Of cource there would have to be some quality control ...... but not faschistoid ......

That isnt grave robbing or necrophilia .

Alpha wolves get old and have to face that and deal with it positively and sensibly by giveing way while passing their knowledge on ........ if they dont and they get bitter and try to kling to power and dominate they fuck their reputations and that doesnt do them or anyone else any good . It means that their experience , help and guidance would be missing ...... to grow up to be good chemists kids need good parents and not bitter vain old men with a grudge .

Anyone want to buy a vacume cleaner ?

• Dominant Wasp
    • YouTopia
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2015, 03:54:16 PM »
What i would do about the situation now and because the whole scene is in diaspora and that isnt good ---- >

Vesp .

1 - Looking back now the move with the mods leaving wasnt optimal . IF i were you i would say that publicly and invite them back as mods / advisors . To balance things out also appoint more mods BUT you stay ...... queen bee ..... wasp ...... and have the final decision .

2 - Get rid of the gray hive copy on the front page . I can understand some people not likeing it . Part of the hives identity is the colour and layout .

3 - Sort the archives section out . Each archive needs a seperate entry from the main forum with its own picture / icon instead of one with multiple identity pictures as it is now . The page that that leads to doesnt do those archives a service .

4 - Get in touch with Llillienthal ask him if he will help with the new full hive copy here . Erowid is cool but its not a hang out for chemists and people cant talk chemistry there like they can here . Hes also a good bet for programing things and as a moderator / advisor .

He and others would also be a good bet for getting all the Rhodium copys and joining them into one big one as is being done with the Hive .

5 - Do the same with Org and Warami . So that they'r also mods / advisors and  the Synthetikal and WetDreams and co . archives have their own site picture and entry point on the front page .

6 - Another mod / advisor invitation should / could go out to Java as he has done very very much for the scene and he has a wealth of knowledge and earns it  .

They all have their fans and posse's and are part of the backbone of the scene . Doing it publicly gives the scene a chance to get back together , heal old wounds and also ...... the whole scene will see it and can talk about it and decide what they want to do ...... and will also see if anyone trys to fuck the idea and if anyone secretly wears womens underclothes .

The reason is to get as much as possible / all of the information available in one place and make it searchable . Those archives dont have to be open to new posts ...... people can read them and post on this forum as they can now .
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:56:06 PM by The Lone Stranger »