Author Topic: Herbal Vita-Press  (Read 5723 times)

hest

English
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2004, 03:48:00 AM »
Sory my vocabulary in the tool field isn't that big :-)
But I'm using a vice, the konstant presure for 30 sek. is quite important, you wont get that with a hammer.
I guess we have been talking vice/anvil enough for now. So let's stik to the subject.

drazik

hest?
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »
hey hest, any chance of giving us a detailed method of how you go about making pills with the vise?

hest

Hu
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »
Wath doo you mean ???
Mix MCC:Starch 1:1 add 2-3% Mgsterate. Ballmill with your product. Take 200mg mixture, put into press, then press, and you now have one pill

abolt

hest
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »
AFAIK, "Starch" is a group of compounds.

Could you be more specific in regards to the type of Starch you use?

ChemoSabe

Sympathy Tolerance for English Speakers
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »
Hest (or is that "horse"?),

You were correct in the fact of your vice having an anvil as part of it's function only the anvil part of it is not what you are using for pill compression.

I think Abolt just needs a slight adjustment in his tolerance for those tool users out there whom with English is not their primary language. (I'll bet he knew what you meant when you first said anwill too)

But silly me, I barely know what a "spanner" is.  8)

http://www.agmartsales.com/tools.htm#vices

PS. No she isn't a "wirgen".

Trenchcoat

press
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »
SWIT got one of his first presses and some custom dies, too. It's a pretty nice press. SWIT used to use microcystaline cellulose (sold in health food stores to keep folks regular or something) as a binder. It makes some hard pills if you wail the fuck out of it with a hammer but SWIT's press was ruined by this method. He sent me a free replacement which was machined a little less tightly. Since SWIT's only used it once but has been being careful. If you have a hydraulic press or even a vice it'd probably be better to use that. All in all, I would not spend $90 on this (mine was cheaper). It's probably better to make caps than tabs but tabs will sell easier. If you have a huge batch to press, don't even think about using one of these guys unless you have the patience of a zen master!  :)  :)  ;D  :)  :)

hest

Starch
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2004, 03:27:00 AM »
ChemoSabe, yes yoy'r right *lol*
Starc is Potato flour.