Author Topic: sensitivity of ergolines  (Read 4574 times)

Mr_Rodgers

sensitivity of ergolines
« on: December 16, 2003, 06:37:00 AM »
I was watching the history channel the other day and they were talking about the salem witch trials and how the odd behavior could have been due to the ergot growing in the grains they were using for breads and such. Well just for a test they put ergotamine tartrate in some bread mixture, and they baked it off at like 400 F. for an hour or so. Well when they extracted what they could from the bread, they found that significant amounts of the ergolines survived. So maybe all this talk about the sensitivity of LSD manufacture is just hype? Maybe someone could coment?

yellium

You regularly eat your bread with POCl3 and...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »
You regularly eat your bread with POCl3 and diethylamine?

bbell

sensitivity
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 01:46:00 AM »
It is the lysergic acid that you manufacture from ergot's, that are sensitive to light and heat and oxogen

Mr_Rodgers

I thought lysergic acid was extracted from...
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 05:38:00 AM »
I thought lysergic acid was extracted from ergots. In tihkal under the synthesis of LSD, starting from ET it looks very similar to an extraction to me (ending with the lysergic acid hydrate). If not, Im sorry for wasting your time. And if so, when they extacted what they could from the bread and placed it under some light (Im not sure what it was, looked silimar to a black light) the evaporated extract was glowing. Do all chemicals containing the main skeleton glow like that?