Author Topic: Come an listen to a story bout a man named Jed - Man named Jed-  (Read 2494 times)

dormouse

the Hive BB
  Novel Discourse
  Come an listen to a story bout a man named Jed

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic 
Author  Topic:   Come an listen to a story bout a man named Jed 
Man named Jed
unregistered   posted 11-30-98 05:13 AM           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Howdy folks,
I been a listenin to youall and your yarns fer quite a spell now. Dad blasted ifn' I ain't got onea a my own. Now listenup you dadblasted youngins,
Ole' Jed didced he wanted to try some o' them new fangled things, like that there mescaline thingy. Heard its damn popular in these parts. So I got me some o that there 345 whatchamacallit stuff and mixed it up with my own home brew additions, ( you know , nitromethane and some o' that there cyclohexalamine stuff, damn stuff smokes like granny. and some o' that er glacial acetic acid stuff and mixed em up in a jug and let er cook on the soup kettle,(well in a bottle that was in the kettle)Keep that from granny will ya? After it sat fer an hour in that boining soup I pulled er out and added me some branch water(pure ya know)about 400 ml per each 20 grams of styrene. Whee doggies, them yallar crystals came on like winter. Whoowhee. Well seein how I got them right might as well try to reduce them fellars. That there hydro gen a tion method, it sounded reaal good, so I got me one o' them there bottles of hy dro gen gas and made up a pressure pot for the fixens. Kmart, american beauty stainless steel pressure cooker, 129.00 US Dollars. Damn expensive. Anywho, Then I fixed me a stainless steel inlet and outlet on the lid. Set me a pressure gauge in top hole. Tested to 80 psi , no problem aqui.
Filled er up with some alcohol and some of that there 10% palladium on carbon,(looks like a rip black powder, I donno but I try er out. Dropped the whole thing in and sealed er up, set her in a pot of ice, wanted to shake her but how? Well ole Jed maybe ain't the smartest fellar around, but he aain't too dumb either. I spots grannys rocker and like a flash I wire the vessal in it and start rockin, did I ferget to mention I put some stainless steel bearing balls in for agitation.?Well 6 hours later(Opps almost fergot ta mention I put 1 atmosphere of the ole hy dro gen gas in er. Well 6 hours later I got my solution out and worked it up like it says in the book, and damn ifn I didn't get a jug load of them there long skinny needle crystals. Got to take a rest now as them there faries are a commin fer me.
Yo'all come back now.......

sunlight
Member   posted 11-30-98 06:07 AM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to understand your post, sorry but my english (or my imagination) is not enough good to understand your post. The hypothetical hydrogenation was made at 0 C, and with no HCl, so did you get mescaline as final product or not ? Yields?
Thanks

All times are CT (US)
 next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
    Hop to: Select a Forum or ArchiveList of Forums:General DiscussionAcquisition DiscourseChemistry DiscourseMethods DiscourseNovel DiscourseCrystal MethSerious Chemistry ForumThe Hive CouchSerious Tryptamine DiscourseAdmin Chill-out TentList of Archives:Couch ArchivesClassics!Law and OrderThe litter box.misc. PEAs  

Contact Us | the Hive