Site > News

MEMBER SECURITY RISK AT VESPIARY

<< < (4/4)

WizardX:

--- Quote from: iknowjt on July 27, 2020, 03:02:16 PM ---WizardX, by the way I am in 100X agreement with all of the concerns you raise and have admired you as a leader in our community for over 10 years.

And to be clear, I never questioned anyone or any site warning me that I must disable JS.  I learned C++, exclusively console programming intended for a career in matters closer to the bare metal.  Of course I know basic HTML, and have a grasp of the big picture.

I was just wondering if you could elaborate.
Browser fingerprinting usually involves cookies, client side js code executing dynamic content, or server side - all the other languages - .

But on TAILS even if all this data starts getting collected, it's perfectly generic, or near perfectly.  Since TAILS makes it almost impossible to customize anything.

I mean I understand the there could be a plethora of JS 0day exploits floating around, and sites built by 'the good guys' won't even allow you to proceed if they detect your JS is enabled.

My 'manifesto is at the bottom of this thread:'
https://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php?topic=15181.0

Please Note, if you get the chance,  the call to action proposal that I conclude my rant with.  It would be a win-win solution.  I see you are fighting for a just cause, and I want to help.

--- End quote ---

I'll post you as time permits. This post is public! The Vespiary » Site » News »

iknowjt:

--- Quote from: Wizard X on July 29, 2020, 05:47:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: iknowjt on July 27, 2020, 03:02:16 PM ---WizardX, by the way I am in 100X agreement with all of the concerns you raise and have admired you as a leader in our community for over 10 years.

And to be clear, I never questioned anyone or any site warning me that I must disable JS.  I learned C++, exclusively console programming intended for a career in matters closer to the bare metal.  Of course I know basic HTML, and have a grasp of the big picture.

I was just wondering if you could elaborate.
Browser fingerprinting usually involves cookies, client side js code executing dynamic content, or server side - all the other languages - .

But on TAILS even if all this data starts getting collected, it's perfectly generic, or near perfectly.  Since TAILS makes it almost impossible to customize anything.

I mean I understand the there could be a plethora of JS 0day exploits floating around, and sites built by 'the good guys' won't even allow you to proceed if they detect your JS is enabled.

My 'manifesto is at the bottom of this thread:'
https://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php?topic=15181.0

Please Note, if you get the chance,  the call to action proposal that I conclude my rant with.  It would be a win-win solution.  I see you are fighting for a just cause, and I want to help.

--- End quote ---

I'll post you as time permits. This post is public! The Vespiary » Site » News »

--- End quote ---

Understood. Thanks for the reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version