Author Topic: 1st DMT extraction  (Read 3522 times)

Ghost_Of_BT

1st DMT extraction
« on: July 13, 2001, 06:55:00 PM »
I just got my mhrb in the mail and I want to make sure I dont fail. The NP solvents that I have available to me are naptha, DCM, xylene, and toluene. Xylene seems like it would take a long time to evaporate and toluene stinks like hell. Thus I'd prefere naptha or DCM. I am using a 2L soda bottle for a sep funnel so I am woried that the DCM will disolve the plastic. Do you think it will? Which should I choose?

Ghost_Of_BT

Re: 1st DMT extraction
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2001, 09:54:00 PM »
Great. The dcm+methanol paint remover I just bought is contaminated. Now I don't seem to have DCM as an option.

akata

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2001, 05:51:00 AM »
GOBT
Did you get my reply to the p.m?

Ghost_Of_BT

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2001, 10:38:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I went with toluene. I shook the two phases and a monsterous emulsion formed. I than added more tol. so I could get most of the tol. out without getting the emulsion. I separated and evaporated about 3/4 of the tol. so far. I have about a pea-sized blob of this tan-orange gunk. I'm sure most of the dmt is still in the black water.

weasil

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2001, 03:31:00 AM »
If only you posted the quwstion before hand then I could have provided you with this link:

http://digilander.iol.it/irimias/dmt_guide.html

Damn, I hope you don't feel too out of pocket.

Buster_Hymen

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2001, 10:21:00 PM »
A little late on the input, but yeah, DCM will definitely soften and cause 'crazing' in that plastic they use to make 2 liter soft drink bottles out of... Been there, tried that. Oooooops.

Also, I used to get real nasty emulsions with DCM. Best solution was "time" --> Give it 24-48 hours and eventually it all settles out with the goods.
\\// 
ô¿ô   Signatures are for weenies. I don't believe in them.
\O/

Ghost_Of_BT

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2001, 08:30:00 PM »
I got 100g of mhrb and am spliting it up into 4 25g tries so I can improve as I go along. I'd like to get crystals, not that this goo isn't potent. Do you think defatting realy makes a difference?

Buster_Hymen

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2001, 10:13:00 PM »
I never defatted the MHRB I got from BPC, and it didn't seem to matter. I ended up with a stiff, orange-colored wax each time. I've read that defatting is sometimes necessary with OTHER plant sources though, like phalaris...
  \\\///
   ô¿ô    Signatures are for weenies. I don't believe in them.
   \O/
    ''''

Ghost_Of_BT

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2001, 05:12:00 AM »
I just want to clearify- the stuff I get is initialy a tree-sap consistancy, but it hardens when left out in the air. Also, here's an idea for dealing with emulsions: separate the solvent along with the emulsion than wash the mix with water than separeate the solvent+emulsion again than filter the mix and evaporate the solvent+water that comes throgh the filter (you can pour the water off the dish once the solvent has evaporated, but the water smelled like plastic to me so there may be dmt floating in it). Now add solvent to the filter to separate any remaining dmt and wash with water.

Visit www.the-hive.ws