Author Topic: Dry thermal Rearrangment?  (Read 4482 times)

k0dog

Dry thermal Rearrangment?
« on: August 08, 2003, 04:11:00 AM »
Is it possible to do a thermal rearrangment without have your substance in a solvant?
Picture this.... an air tight beaker (sealed of course)without any air in it.
Placed in a solution of Ultrascene that is at 180'C... (BTW this is for a ketamine synthesis)

Any ideas if this will work... I would of course leave it to "reflux" (not sure if it is considered that really but...) for way longer than 3.5 h as mentioned (or was it 2.5 doesn't matter... ) all I'm saying is.. will it work?

Aurelius

Depends
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 06:26:00 AM »
what is your substance that you're trying to rearrange?  If the heating is below its melting point, probably not much chance at success. And why don't you want to use a solvent?

k0dog

nope.. the melting point is actually ..
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »
nope.. the melting point is actually .. one sec.. let me check the COA... between 61.0-62.1'c.. oh ya.. I'll place the link up that I used to source most of my info... in regards to the rearrangement at least...

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/ketamine.html

but this is not the exact document.. it also had pictures.. but now I can't find it on the site.. all exact writting tho.. oh well.. any luck maybe? thanks a bunch inadvanced

Rhodium

Ketamine synthesis (with pictures)
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 11:25:00 PM »
Are you looking for

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/pcp/ketamine.html

?

Is it that much harder to use the search engine at my page than it is to rant several lines here about you being unable to find it??

k0dog

Sorry.. your right...
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2003, 09:13:00 PM »
no... but I have that page d/l to my hushmail account, It's just that I could not find it through the links... sorry... you are right but the alternative that I did use have the exact same quantitive/qualitative info on it that is relavant to this dream....

Maybe someone else can answer this... maybe I should msg Zealot? he would probably know best eh? any Ideas? I also can't find the bp of this product but then again I don't have a mercks handy... at least a new edition... only the 46th.. oh well... If you have any ideas if this might work/ not work pleas don't hessitate to pm or post.. thanks...

Rhodium

Information on Ketamine Precursor Imine
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 02:21:00 AM »
This is all the available information about the compound from Beilstein Crossfire:

Names:
1-Hydroxy-cyclopentyl-o-chlorophenyl-ketone-N-methylimine
1-[(2-chloro-phenyl)-methylimino-methyl]-cyclopentanol

Melting point: 62°C

References:

Patent US3254124

{Chem. Abs. 65, 5414h (1966)}

Patent BE634208

{Chem. Abs. 61, 5569c (1964)}

Patent CH454128

k0dog

thanks.. Rhodium.. your my god....
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 07:45:00 PM »
Thank Rhodi.. As I type.. or rather by the time you will have read this I will have read thie relavant patent info.. I'm truely sorry that I did not actually find this my self...Oh well..

I'm going to read this patent info... and then if it doesn't talk about any side effects or why they didn't try a dry thermal rearrangement or anything like that.. I think That I will try it once in a dream... Then I'll let you know the outcome... ok?

Once again thank you for all your help.. swim is getting very excited to see the outcome... =)

Thanks again... oh ya.. I have that other ketamine synthesis at my other computer.. I'm sure no one cares... but I'll post it when I get back home... thanks agian..