Author Topic: 2 tonnes of "black cocaine" bust  (Read 16945 times)

Offline ijontichy

• mascóns …
  • Pupae
2 tonnes of "black cocaine" bust
« on: September 13, 2015, 09:35:21 AM »
Columbian cops were tipped off by a Labrador called Mona after she caught a whiff of the coke, which was dyed black to disguise it as printer ink.

This is the extraordinary two tonne seizure of 'black cocaine' seized by police after a sniffer dog alerted them.

Columbian cops were tipped off by a Labrador called Mona after she caught a whiff of the coke, which was dyed black to disguise it as printer ink.

As soon as they seized the drugs at Bogota's El Dorado Airport they informed police in Mexico, where the shipment was heading to a company in the state of Sinaloa.

This led to the bust of a similar size at Mexico City's airport on a flight that had departed the Colombian capital hours earlier.

There were no arrests, and police would not say on which airline the illegal cargo shipment had been stashed.

A spokesman said the only recent bust matching the characteristics described by Colombian police occurred more than a week ago when authorities at the Mexico City's airport, acting on an anonymous phoned-in tip, found cocaine camouflaged in 40 sacks of black zinc oxide weighing one tonne.

Authorities in Colombia still need to extract the cocaine alkaloid from the toner powder in which it was hidden to determine its final weight.

Colombia is the largest supplier of cocaine to the US and much of the narcotic lands on American streets through Mexican drug cartels.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/police-reveal-moment-sniffer-dog-6404028

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:47:30 AM by ijontichy »
if but for a single instant you could see this world of ours the way it really is—undoctored, unadulterated, uncensored—you would drop in your tracks!

Offline Impossible

• Founding Wasp
Re: 2 tonnes of "black cocaine" bust
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 10:00:54 AM »
A spokesman said the only recent bust matching the characteristics described by Colombian police occurred more than a week ago when authorities at the Mexico City's airport, acting on an anonymous phoned-in tip, found cocaine camouflaged in 40 sacks of black zinc oxide weighing one tonne.

I always find it interesting how these kinds of anonymous tips would ever happen.  The tipster would need to have sufficient contact with the operation to even overhear pretty specific details  on distribution plans whilst NOT being involved/invested in it enough to care about the consequences of telling LEO.

Offline ijontichy

• mascóns …
  • Pupae
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 10:37:02 AM »
more interesting is how do they do it. It was reported that in the mid 80's Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet ordered his army to build a clandestine cocaine laboratory in Chile where chemists mixed cocaine with other chemicals to produce what Pinochet's former top aide for intelligence Manuel Contreras described as a "black cocaine" capable of being smuggled past drug agents in the US and Europe. I can only think on activated charcoal. But this "black cocaine" seems to be a worldwide trend:

Romanian police seized a load of furniture filled with 70kg of "black cocaine", a chemically-altered form of the drug intended to block detection, officials said Wednesday.

The shipment of drugs, with an estimated street value of €4 million (RM16.83 million), had originally come from Ecuador and was headed to Spain when it was intercepted overnight in Timisoara in western Romania.

"It's black cocaine, which looks a lot like pine tar and was injected into pieces of furniture," Chief Police Commissioner Claudiu Cucu told a press conference.

"This seizure is the first of its kind for us because of the way it was hidden," he added.

Cocaine becomes "black cocaine" when mixed with chemicals that change its colour and are intended to mask its odour from police dogs during transport.

Once the drug reaches its destination it is chemically treated again, turning it back into white powder.

After arriving in Europe from Ecuador, the drugs passed through Hamburg, Germany and the Romanian port town of Constanta before reaching the Spanish capital Madrid.

http://m.thesundaily.my/node/303925

Police and Customs Anti Narcotics investigators are continuing their probe into the cocaine in charcoal bust even after the exporter behind the shipment has been charged and remanded to prison.

News Source understands that the agents believe that there may be several other people linked to the bust which took place on March 30, 2015.

Nearly 400 pounds of cocaine was found in several bags of coal on a container that was being prepared for export. The cocaine was wrapped in black plastic and made to look like the pieces of charcoal in the shipment. Agents said 392 pounds of the illegal substance was found in the bags. There were 2900 bags of coal in the 40 ft container being prepared for shipment.

The container was flagged for inspection since early March but it was not until this past week that the agents were able to carry out the full inspection at Silver Hill on the Linden Soesdyke Highway. It was during the inspection that the bust was made.

Investigators are convinced that there may be several other people in and out of Guyana who may be linked to the cocaine cargo and past shipping records of the exporter are expected to be examined as part of the probe.

The exporter Collin Prescott who is a businessman from Silver Hill, Linden Soesdyke Highway was arrested and charged in connection with the bust.

He was the one preparing the container for shipment. The 58 year old man told the court through his attorney that he is a father of 29.

Prescott’s case has been transferred to the Christianburg Magistrates’ Court in Linden although the bust took place out of Linden and out of Region 10.

http://newssourcegy.com/news/probe-continues-into-cocaine-in-charcoal-bust-390-lbs-cocaine-found/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:50:29 AM by ijontichy »
if but for a single instant you could see this world of ours the way it really is—undoctored, unadulterated, uncensored—you would drop in your tracks!

Offline Impossible

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 09:00:07 PM »
In the original article they said it's just zinc oxide powdered and mixed in bags.  I don't think it was intending to mask the smell, just the appearance.  Colombians aren't that dumb...

There was a report a few years back talking about a polymeric  material produced from cocaine to allow it to be smuggled out more successfully.  It sounds a bit fanciful to me, though I suppose it wouldn't be impossible to  hydrolyze the methyl ester and and basically make a pseudo-pepetide

Offline lullu

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 09:13:16 AM »
In the original article they said it's just zinc oxide powdered and mixed in bags.  I don't think it was intending to mask the smell, just the appearance.  Colombians aren't that dumb...

There was a report a few years back talking about a polymeric  material produced from cocaine to allow it to be smuggled out more successfully.  It sounds a bit fanciful to me, though I suppose it wouldn't be impossible to  hydrolyze the methyl ester and and basically make a pseudo-pepetide
There are various ways you could modify it to make it a legit substance at least in a lot of european countrys.
But afterwards you would end up only recovering 1/4th of the active enantiomer (in most cases) and I guess their success quota is a bit better than 1/4 when just importing it.
Just because you are not paranoid does not mean they are not after you.

Offline Flashtrax

• Larvae
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2022, 12:03:51 PM »
my connections tell me there is a way to turn it into Black Wax Cocaine, undetectable, it's up to you

Offline eesakiwi

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2022, 03:23:10 PM »
I read a pdf once where they explained what it was, Manganese dioxide was the black stuff, i dont know what else there was except for the resin glue.

Offline Lipbalm

• Donated!
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 06:20:46 PM »
As someone who frequents the place it really bothers me how even journalists do not know how to spell a major countries name. It is COLOMBIA. It is not that difficult.
Any book you want for free:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/

Any research paper you want for free:
sci-hub.cc

Offline capnzronrico

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2022, 03:15:13 AM »
bad dog, bad bad dog

Offline DerAlteSack

• that creep in the corner of the strip club
  • Founding Wasp
  • no lunch, wild guesses, realistic self appraisal
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2022, 03:17:22 PM »

I always find it interesting how these kinds of anonymous tips would ever happen.  The tipster would need to have sufficient contact with the operation to even overhear pretty specific details  on distribution plans whilst NOT being involved/invested in it enough to care about the consequences of telling LEO.
Oh thats an easy one: Again and again some idiots with money and a liking for cocaine get the idea they could do some importing and get filthy rich in no time. They travel to the producer countries where they are treated well and welcomed, hailed as brothers and everything gets arranged as they wish, the cocaine once paid for is loaded on a yacht of choice or dyed black or anything the buyer fancies.
Everybody very happy until the yacht is stormed in international waters by some countries marines (the French love this) or "by accident" discovered at some airport.

Naturally the seller is tipping off the related authorities, they have there own distribution in place they do not nurture future competition and such presents of course result in better relations to DEA or whoever is managing the trade, as law enforcement does not fight but manage drug trade nowadays.

The key to happiness is never to argue after you made your point

Offline squirreltagnew

• Larvae
  • Nattering Nabob of Negativism
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2022, 10:18:12 PM »

There was a bust of such material some decades ago. It had been made into plumbing fittings that appeared to be PVC.
It was reported to have been undetectable by the sniffer dogs.
I don't have an internet reference for this as I read about it in a law book in the late 20th century.  I'm not even sure of the date, but it was very early. Probably 80s or even 70s.

The same book mentioned the occasional appearance of Cocaine back then that had a non-conventional isomer distribution, which was assumed to be synthetic.

The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.