Author Topic: for Rhodium -mormon_trailer  (Read 2700 times)

dormouse

for Rhodium -mormon_trailer
« on: April 22, 2000, 10:38:00 PM »

the Hive BB
  Novel Discourse
  for Rhodium

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic 
Author  Topic:   for Rhodium 
mormon_trailer
unregistered   posted 03-13-99 03:37 PM           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
email me, I was going through some of our
old discussions on this matter :

http://rhodium.lycaeum.org/chemistry/yeast.txt

and I have some new ideas and corrections to make.

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 03-15-99 02:45 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My email is rhodium@nym.lycaeum.org - Perhaps you would also want to talk to Shulgin about your thoughts on Salvinorin et al, he'll include a chapter on those diterpenes in his forthcoming book, QIHKAL.

Beagle
Member   posted 03-15-99 02:59 PM          
Is there really a QIHKAL in the works? Please say yes. What does the "Q" stand for?

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 03-15-99 08:34 PM          
iso-Quinolines I have...
It is a reference work on all cacti alkaloids (+ some opium alkaloids), plus chapters on non-alkaloidal psychoactive compounds and plants, such as diterpenes like Salvinorin (he mentioned something like 300 mint-like plants containing 1000 diterpenes which might be candidates for self-trials) - he also said he would include GHB and its analogs in that chapter, he contacted me because he liked my invention 4-Me-GHB 

Bella*****
Member   posted 03-15-99 08:43 PM          
Rhodium: Is 4-Me-GHB from y-valerolactone? I decided not to say anything about it in my 'brainstorming' thread in General. I guess I could have though.
------------------
Bzzzzzzz

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 03-16-99 10:16 AM          
Yes it is, and about 1.5 as potent as GHB, slightly longer lived, and the effects are more anti-anxiety and less euphoric.
The synthesis was carried out as follows:

8 grams (0.2 moles) of sodium hydroxide was dissolved in 50 ml of methanol
with gentle heating, and some insolubles was filtered off. 20 grams of
gamma-hydroxy-valerolactone (0.2 moles) was added as fast as the exothermic
reaction allowed, the solvent was evaporated in vacuo, and the wet, soapy
residue was dried in a desiccator over CaCl2. The crude product was finely
ground in a mortar, placed in a buchner funnel, washed with 200 ml of
acetone and sucked as dry as possible at the pump. After drying over CaCl2,
the Sodium gamma-Hydroxy-Valerate, a deliquescent, white, crispy and
slightly soapy powder, weighed 26.9 grams (96% of theory) and had a
pleasant aromatic odor, and a taste not unlike that of Sodium GHB itself.

Mormon__Trailer
unregistered   posted 03-17-99 07:36 AM           
with 128 optical isomers alone, plus hundreds of feasible subs. ... do the math! there are easily hundreds of thousands of potential salvinorin homologs.

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 03-17-99 07:53 AM          
Yes, but not naturally occurring, which was what Shulgin was referring to.

rev drone
Member   posted 10-16-1999 12:50 PM          
...Not to mention essentially ZERO information on any structural activity relationships, other than that salvinorin B, identical in every way to salvinorin A minus one acetoxy group, showed none of the same entheogenic qualities that salvinorin A did. Its cute synthetic chemistry (well, not even that really), but not of any practical value.
------------------
-the good reverend drone

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 10-16-1999 01:23 PM          
Oh, this was an old thread... Are you referring to Shulgin's book?

psychokitty
Member   posted 10-20-1999 02:09 PM          
Rhodium: Is Shulgin ever going to do a reference work on cathinones? CIHKAL maybe?
--PK

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 10-21-1999 11:36 AM          
I doubt that. As he is throwing in all kinds of compounds in this book, I have a feeling he is going to make it his last *IHKAL book.
Why can't you write a CIHKAL for my page, you're the expert on that topic, right?

All times are CT (US)
 next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
    Hop to: Select a Forum or ArchiveList of Forums:General DiscussionAcquisition DiscourseChemistry DiscourseMethods DiscourseNovel DiscourseCrystal MethSerious Chemistry ForumThe Hive CouchSerious Tryptamine DiscourseAdmin Chill-out TentList of Archives:Couch ArchivesClassics!Law and OrderThe litter box.misc. PEAs  

Contact Us | the Hive