Author Topic: Some brief Qs before first dream  (Read 3378 times)

suss

Some brief Qs before first dream
« on: November 17, 2003, 09:35:00 AM »
Hello bees,

SWIM is contemplating having a dream for the first time and has some brief questions.

1) Not being an expert on the "vigorousness" of the I/RP/E reaction, SWIM wants to know a rough guideline for the maximum amount of reactants he can react in a 250ml RB flask safely without bubbling into the condenser, exploding, etc. He wishes to use the long reflux method with MBRP and tincture I2.

2) After reviewing all of the pill separation techniques, he has pretty much decided on the turps cure, as it seems the most simple and reliable to him, especially when one considers the availability of solvents in Oz. However, he is contemplating initially dissolving the pills in dwater and/or maybe even dilute HCl, chilling, and filtering to remove water insoluble compounds, such as gluten and paracetamol. Is there any reason why this is a silly/good idea? Can he go directly to the turps cure from here, or does he need to convert the obtained PE to another form?

Many thanks.

wareami

Three options...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 04:38:00 PM »
Well there are more options....but they are more selective toward the type, strength, and brand of pill!
I could easily point you toward the FAQ above in this forum....hmmmmmmmm.....
Come to think about it...that's not a bad idea! ;)

especially when one considers the availability of solvents in Oz

If they stop selling gas at the gas station, I'll bee walking until I fractionally distill my own.... :o  ;)
Some things just won't GO without the right stuff.
The Full Turps Cure while it reined in it's day, won't deal with eliminating most of the inactives today.
Read

Post 468062 (missing)

(ahgreich: "The Tetra Trap: Your Route to Clean Pseudo!", Stimulants)

Post 440177

(VideoEditor: "New Straight to E -- a novel extraction tech.", Stimulants)

And for a better understanding of why dh2o to remove water insoluble compounds as a first step is a bad choice,
Read about the DryMatrix Formulation here.

Post 421767 (missing)

(wareami: "The Egull & IDEA Methods", Stimulants)

It will also describe why tetra is an effective aid in extraction and what it does to polymer inactives.
Then finally belt down a few shots of tequila and read

Post 463438 (missing)

(wareami: "News Flasher Blue Streaker UP!", Stimulants)

Personally Ibee wouldn't do more than a 15g run in a 250ml RB....but that's just him.
And he always does "The WetDream"...aka...longwetreflux

geezmeister

you know I had to add it...
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 06:11:00 PM »
Geez of course would suggest to you that even with the presence of the orange gakk the full cure methodology will work if you incorporate Japan Drier at a 1:20 part ratio with the first solvent you boil the ground up pills in. In my experience the orange gakks break down in Japan Drier and will not in my experience in acetone and tolly or xylene boils (sorry Os). Doing these boils in the microwave as once suggested by a friend who paid too much too often does in fact make sense. Cover the gups with solvent and microwave until you have the solvent hot enough to simmer and fumes to roll out of the door. Do it in visionware with the lid on. Might want to do the MEK or Acetone boil on the hotplate. Difference there between volative and explosive, so to speak.

Come on Ware. You know you have to admit you knew I was going to add this comment, didn't you?  ;D  The cure still works on everything. You just have to use the right solvents.

If you are new to this, know that solvent boils can be dangerous and read Labtop's threads in the newbee sticky threads... be safe and know how to be safe before you start.

wareami

Mind Reading
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 08:46:00 PM »
If ya don't Mind Reading...you don't get no Ware! ;D

>Come on Ware. You know you have to admit you knew I was going to add this comment, didn't you? 

Absolutey Geez...I just had to conjure UP the right phraseology to entice a correction!

Glad SWIG is back in the saddle...
With new things on the explorative horizon, it's gonna take a good set of hoofs and a few good puffs to keep UP!

LoRE

avalibilty of solvents in oz
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »
swim hasnt had any problems getting any solvents in oz between autosupercheapercargear shop and big green hardware stores i have found all required for most methods of psudeo extraction on rhodium

oh and if you decide on straight to E you might find it eaiser to use methylated spirit instead of naptha and isopropyl ive been told the return isnt as good but its eaiser to get ahold off--------make sure you dry the metho first

as for soaking in dh20 first thats a good idea if your making glue

biotechdude

Sources...
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 12:56:00 AM »
Loose lips sink ships...

halfkast

Using a litre of acetone per box is good if...
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 01:04:00 AM »
Using a litre of acetone per box is good if your making nothing plus by-products.

Osmium where in a procedure could the water bee used safely?

You boil it, spatula up any cellulose and PEG floaties, then bring the temperature right down to around 5-10C. The cold water contains the Pfed plus some paracetamol.

Finally, a small cold water extraction of the pfed from this second beaker/jam jar contains pfed free of paracetamol.

Take this tip to the bank too: at the final evaporation to crytalisation, crystalise it on a thin layer of sand. The sand can go in the rXn too, and the pfed will scrape up cleanly whether or not it is sticky. (common)

Another thing, that's my idea and not yourz.  :P