Author Topic: mdp2p from oxone  (Read 19387 times)

SuperStar

Re: mdp2p from oxone
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2002, 11:10:00 PM »
Cheese: You said you got a product called "Oxy-Clear" from the sto?  This wouldn't happen to be homebase?  What is it used for, trying to locate but need more info?

Pardon my friend officer, He's a little slow.

SuperStar

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2002, 11:27:00 PM »
Found this. Let me know if this is inappropriate

Some major brand name products for the swimming pool that contain xxxxx Oxone® potassium monopersulfate are
xxxx "xxxxxx,"
xxxxx"xxxxxxx,"
xxxx "xxxxxxx,"
xxxxxxxx,"
xxxxx "xxxxxxxx,"
xxxx "xxxxxxx,"
xxxxxx"xxxxxxxxx" and
xxxx "xxxxxx.""

Products for the spa or hot tub that use Oxone™ include xxxxx,"
xxxxxxx" (used with xxxxxx") and xxxxxxx."

YEAH he's fuckin SLOW, NO SOURCES posted ever!!! Normally this means a ban, so I'm in a good mood today, let's presume... LT/

LaBTop

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2002, 08:30:00 AM »
Didn't you think the posts from Cheeseboy and UKBEE weren't informative enough?
And if in doubt, we have a PMachine. LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

Vibrating_Lights

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2002, 09:52:00 AM »
ON TOP OF THAT vL_ HAS ALREADY TOLD EVERYONE THE COMMON 85%MIX CAN BE USED STRATICHT OUT OF THE BARRREL.
vl_

SuperStar

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2002, 08:51:00 PM »
Sorry about that.  It won't happen again.

I was under the thought that brand names were different that sources.  Like I said. Won't happen again.

SiLiCoN7

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2002, 12:56:00 PM »
Has anyone else tried a H2O wash on the DCM/glycol extracts?

Just one wash really cleaned up the glycol immensly with only about a 2-3% "loss" in yield. It also resulted in a much cleaner product in following steps.

Pool chemicals rock! I love is reaction, no heat, no smell, just find yourself a BIG bucket and BIG suction filter and the sky's the limit.

If you're not talking to your kids about drugs who is?

cheeseboy

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2002, 08:40:00 AM »
sYnThoMaTiC my man! Failure was in the rearrangement due to impure isosafrole (don't ask, it was harsh nano to begin, some shit got in, it very well may have worked but cheese burned it in the ketone distillation, weak aspirator, HIGH temps. baaad News)  And NO cheese aint compton. Cheese has a feeling compton was on the breast of a comeback, as he put it, then got nabbed even harsh by a bee he ripped off. You know compton, sheeit, hell compton be scammin' ,snakin', doggin', decin' around Beantown like he some white boy Foo with da ketone to go. Compton took the wrong bee for a ride and there ain't NO way that fool could govern himself THAT high. Hell NO cheese ain't compton, shit.Dog? c'mon?
 Cheese's just glad he didn't place no second orders with that fool. Cheese dripped all over his plans he had for cheese.(Say Cheese!) teehee That old game he tried to play wasn't as old as cheese is...er yes it is... :P

May The Source Bee With You...Always. Cheese is a White Boy with SOUL! (as opposed to a Black Guy without soul)

cheeseboy

« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2002, 12:39:00 AM »
SUCCESS!!.   Thermal rearrangment of the glycol oil worked just fine. Glycol oil was an antifreeze, see thru green. After  heating to 260°C for 1 1/2 hours the glycol (now ketone) oil became darker, see thru brownish in color, heating mantle was turned down, time passed to cool down  oil, then full vacumm was applied and an opaque yellowish green ketone came over at arounf 214°C Approximatley 25°-30° higher than the Isosafrole precursor. :)  :)  :) . Thank you - thank you, no please, sit...sit please , applause isn't necessary!! No Really!

Cheese will work with 100gm of Isosafrole from now on. Not sure scaling this up too much is good for the Iso.??
Thanks to Vibrating Lights, Noj, Pickler, Chromic, PooBearForever, Psycokitty, Rhodium, Locrian, El_Zorro,sYnThOmAtIc and last but not least... The Big R. (Let's not forget Sasha, Strike, and all the mods on the Hive for making it possible.) This acceptance speech has got to end soon.......this ain't the academy awards

Cheeseboy-a whiteboy with Soul Like a black guy without soul
May The Source Bee With You Always.

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2002, 01:18:00 AM »
Congradulations on your eminent success  :) !  When will SWIC be dreaming his reductive aminations?

PB

pickler

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2002, 01:54:00 AM »
Way to go cheesy! ;D

We'll soon find out if I'm a chemist or not!

Chromic

« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2002, 05:14:00 AM »
Yes, I believe this is KEY to rearrangement. You must keep the epoxide at a high temperature for a fair time before finishing the distillation.

Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear this worked out like this. Save half of your oil and try a MM reduction with the other half.

Good luck!

LaBTop

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2002, 06:13:00 AM »
Whut the Fuck is this:
""After  heating to 260°C for 1 1/2 hours the glycol (now ketone) oil became darker, see thru brownish in color, heating mantle was turned down, time passed to cool down  oil, then full vacumm was applied and an opaque yellowish green ketone came over at arounf 214°C Approximatley 25°-30° higher than the Isosafrole precursor.""

How the hell can you get rearranged ketone coming over under FULL VACUUM at 214°C ?????????
It should come at 120-130°C at high vacuum. I HOPE it's a typo, and you meant 114°C !!! LT/

PS: don't give me a heartattack!

WISDOMwillWIN

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2002, 06:25:00 AM »
Maybe not a typo;

...but cheese burned it in the ketone distillation, weak aspirator, HIGH temps. baaad News

PB

LaBTop

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2002, 06:55:00 AM »
If this is working well in any amination, then THIS day the Hive made HISTORY again! LT/ 8)  ;D  8)

WISDOMwillWIN

noj

« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2002, 08:23:00 AM »
The ketone was opaque? Or just colored? And did you say your epoxide was green? Something sounds awry. Maybe I'm just sleepy.

Everyone falls down. It's how fast you get back up that is important.

LaBTop

« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2002, 08:54:00 AM »
Greenish colors can be picked up by totally burned teflon stirrbars, exposing the metal, thus infecting the reaction with Fe ions. It can also appear when using SS overhead stirrer propellors.
He's going high in temps, remember that, and his aspirator vacuum seems to totally suck, he better buy a new one very soon, now from SS. The synthetic ones tend to dissolve or wear off over time, especially the thin stream jet opening inside. Use then a filter in front of it, you will be surprised how much metal or plastic scrap or sand you will find in there every week, that scrap will damage your venturi very fast when it is pressed through it by the high water pressure.

You see how eager I am, to see this RRRREALLY happen?! LT/, waiting for a bio essay report.

WISDOMwillWIN

noj

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2002, 09:55:00 AM »
The product from the buffered performic should be able to be rearranged this way as well, correct? Would the yield increase there as well? Not that I'm complaining with it now of course.

Everyone falls down. It's how fast you get back up that is important.

cheeseboy

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2002, 07:54:00 AM »
FAILURE:

Amination via cyano reduction yielded nothing. Damn. And that yellowish green oil must have been diolprobably. Or maybe this method is BULLSHIT. Cheese isn't going to waste the rest of his iso on this method. Time to get some Formic. has ANY bee had successfull aminations using OXONE yet? just curious. Like LabTOP says--> "lot's of bees input on thermal rearrangment but no amines yet?"  WTF eh?! That cherry red oil sure did look yummy though.

Question:  Does the Formic acid route yiled the epoxide as well, or is it a completelt different intermediate? Thanks again for all the hel, even if ti was unsuccessful, it was a 'FUN RUN"  8)  (Don't you hate it when you pour freebase/DCM into your sep funnel when the stopcock's open!! LOL) :o  >:(  :P

cheeseboy

« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2002, 08:58:00 AM »
Back to the 'ol drawing board. LabTOP was right, cheese's stirbar is half gone and the magnetic metal part is exposed on one half , from spinning with sillicagel for MDA runs.(using Lab Grade ketone) The last attempt was  right to the point using the Chromic method at 16.2 gm of Iso. Everything went by the book, until after H2SO4 treatment, the now brown oil sank to the bottom of the solution and it was separtaed.(12.4gm) This oil was brought to a boil and water came out(11.9gm), thus clearing it up and making it even more darker brown. Cheese has problems with his heating source and has to wait until it's repaired to vacuum distill this brown oil. But cheese tried distilling it on a hotplate, and it came to a boil but in quick bumps, NO steady boils, and no vapours. Cheese didn't have the patience to wait any longer, after half an hour of these quick bumps.Wierd. maybe this IS ketone and the proper hetaing source with vacuum distill the yellow ketone out of this dark brown oil. We'll see, but cheese's 3rd attempt was right by the book and if it isn't MDP-2-P then something IS awry.Thanks labTOP. And all the other helpfull bees.