Author Topic: Mexican perfume Heliotropin (Piperornal)extraction  (Read 2357 times)

lastchance

Mexican perfume Heliotropin (Piperornal)extraction
« on: April 04, 2004, 07:27:00 AM »
I understand that the Heliotropin sold in Mexico probably only contains about 25% Piperonal but is it very difficult to extract and worth it to do.  Any suggestions?  Sassy is so hard to find anymore I am getting frustrated.  I can do a fractional dist. easily either with a vig. or packed column but am just curious if anybody has any suggestions.  Thanks in advance.

Baynne

ingrediants?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 07:36:00 AM »
If you can find out the other ingrediants, you'll have a better chance at an answer.  I'd even do some looking, but am far from knowledgable.  I am very curious though.

fanofshulgin

I dont know the mexican situation...but if...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 02:10:00 AM »
I dont know the mexican situation...but if something is sold as heliotropin or piperonal then it has to be just that.  It should be fairly easy to determine....as its a hard opaque white solid at room temperature that smells of vanilla/cherry.  Any adulterants would lower the boiling point and you would have an oil.

lastchance

Take a look
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »
They sell it in 1 liter bottles as a liquid.  These people speak no English so it is hard to ask what the exact content is.  I guess I need to see if they provide MSDS sheets withtheh bottles.