Author Topic: anethole parecetic succes?  (Read 1218 times)

pablos

anethole parecetic succes?
« on: May 03, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »
I performed a paracetic on 28 grams pure grade anethole in ether instead dcm.After rearrangement in 15% H2so4 in ethanol  I recovered 16 grams sweety yellow oil.It´s sink in water and bisulfite test was positive.
I will have methylamine in one week also I decided to try make PMA instead Pmma via ammonium cloride. I know that the yeld is ridicolus but this is my first "serious" synthesis and I´m more interested to see a result.
Also I let 8 grams  pmp2p react stirred with ammonium cloride for 4 hours togheter with 25 ml ethanol and 25 ml water and 25 ml ether.I drip slowly 2 grams Nabh4 in 15 ml ethnaol and 10 ml water over 10 minutes.The reaction run 36 hour. I extract the yellow green ether phase and wash it with acidic water to extract the goodies. cristalization give me 120 mg white rose cristal. I would like to test it.
Would be a 20 milligram bioessay enough to know if that really is PMA and not to much dangerous for my healt if that is´nt PMA?

Chromic

testing
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »
Place a few mg on a piece of aluminum foil, hold a lighter underneath it. If it vaporizes, it's most likely PMA. If not, you've extracted inorganic salts. Then if you dare, you could consume some of the neurotoxin. I have. It didn't kill me--but I wouldn't recommend eating such a poison. Eat ~50mg to notice the effects.