Author Topic: First time synth a remarkable success  (Read 2275 times)

hussler

First time synth a remarkable success
« on: May 30, 2003, 10:47:00 AM »
Over the last two weeks I have been running the MM Al/Hg and have produced to date roughly 500g of 2x recrystallized white snow. Hell yah. I started reading Rhodium's page and lurking around the forum in about Nov. and slowly obtained the glass/chems and finally started out on my first clandestine organic synth. It will not bee the last. Thanks to all you bees for your informative and accurate posts, without you this could not have been. To date I have run the benzo wacker, peracetic, and MM's Al/Hg and the only big mistake so far is dropping a 2000ml sep funnel full of basified freebase/aluminum sludge. Ouch that hurt!  I'm really feeling the chemistry (legal as well as clandestine) and have switched my major. Thanks guys, I'm a bee for life. I want to try as many synth's as possible within my precursor limits do you think this is a logical progression. 1. Make some MeAm.HCl to run in Osmium's Al/Hg 2. Run the performic with my last kg of safrole. 3. Make ethylamine or run the Al/Hg with nitroethane for MDE. 4. MDA by reductive animation c boro. I have been researching and can't find a way to synth P2P without drawing too much attention acquiring chems, any sugesstions. I used TFS and found one OTC way but it was a 5-6 stepper and the yeilds were shit. And forget that RF/I hillbilly shit. Any help would be much appreciated. Big-ups to all you. Hussler 8)

patrick

some advice
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 02:57:00 PM »
Congratulation for the success.

Some advice:

- don't lost your time and your ketone to make MDEA, it is as easy as MDMA (with Al/Hg), but the effects are really not so interesting
- For MDA, you don't need to use cyano, it is toxic and VERY expensive, just use NaBH4. see

Post 331702 (missing)

(patrick: "No cyano needed", Methods Discourse)

- For MDMA, make or get some methylamine. In Europe, I had no problem to order a 1kg quantity by Aldrich. The workup is easier and the yield are very nice, see

Post 346010

(patrick: "Simplified procedure", Methods Discourse)

- For P2P, take a look at thread: "P2P / Hydratropic Acid " and "Hydratropic--->p2p Success!". The hydratopic aldehyde can be ordered at a reasonable price at every big chem supplier, like Aldrich, found under the name: "hydratopaldehyde", just control the CAS n°. You will also find this synthesis at Rhodium's web site and in "total synthesis". I will give a try soon.

For new synthesis, you can try a very easy one: You order 2CH freebase from Aldrich and you just brominate it to 2CB. You will find the workup at the Lycaeum web site.

Good Luck
-