Author Topic: UN INCB watching 2,5-Dimethoxybenzaldehyde, 2-bromo-4'-methylpropiophenone, etc  (Read 5022 times)

Offline Beeswing

• Larvae
From their latest Precursors report (2019), they're watching precursors for novel substances after reports of seizures by member countries.

Precursors of new psychoactive substances, including substances recently scheduled under the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961 or the Convention on Psychotropic Substances of 1971 225. On form D for 2018, a number of European countries continued to report instances involving precursors of new psychoactive substances and of recently scheduled substances. Frequently reported chemicals included:

2-Bromo-4’-methylpropiophenone, a mephedrone precursor, which was seized in France, the Netherlands and Belgium (in descending order of amounts seized). Destination countries included the Netherlands, Spain and the United Kingdom. Where information about the origin was provided, China was identified as the suspected country of origin. Seizures in all countries totalled 60 kg.

2,5-Dimethoxybenzaldehyde, a precursor for 2,5-dimethoxyamphetamine (DMA), brolamfetamine (DOB) and the 2C-series of controlled psychotropic substances, as well as for new psychoactive substances, reported by the Netherlands (5 kg) and Belgium (1 kg).

4-Methoxy-P-2-P, a precursor of para-methoxy-alpha-methylphenethylamine (PMA) and para-methoxymethylamphetamine (PMMA), reported by Spain (52 kg).

227. Incidents involving precursors of new psychoactive substances, in particular synthetic cathinones, also continued to occur and be communicated through PICS in 2019, by the Netherlands (120 kg) and Czechia (575 kg). Open media sources referred to a seizure of nearly 2.5 tons of 2-bromo-4’-methylpropiophenone in an illicit laboratory or warehouse in Taiwan Province of China.

228. The Board commends countries that voluntarily report seizures of precursors of new psychoactive substances and substances recently scheduled under the 1971 and 1961 Conventions, as such reporting helps to identify emerging trends and establish links between cases, which often involve both scheduled and non-scheduled chemicals. To make the best possible use of available information and intelligence, all Governments are encouraged to communicate relevant incidents through PICS in real time.

Offline Corrosive Joeseph

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health

Offline NeonCortex

• Subordinate Wasp
    • Sci-Hub
Wowzers, is really 6 kg of a substituted benzaldehyde in the Netherlands and Belgium really enough to make it worthwile to watch? That's bizarre.
Scientific articles accessible to everyone - as they should be!
sci-hub.st

Offline aes256

• Founding Wasp
/CJ

mmmm, that's some nice bedtime reading  ;D

thanks
Quote from: Eleusis
However, I had serious misgivings about sharing because my quest was one for knowledge and experience while, I knew, for most others it would be for purely economic reasons.

Quote from: Orange
you can always dont make things.
but u cant always make things happen.

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
On 3 February, INCB briefed Member States on the content of its 2020 Annual Report and Precursors Report, which will be launched worldwide on 25 March 2021, together with a special report marking the 60th and 50th anniversaries of the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs and the 1971 Convention on Psychotropic Substances.

;)

/CJ

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
h**ps://www.incb.org/documents/Publications/AnnualReports/AR2020/Annual_Report/E_INCB_2020_1_eng.pdf

/CJ

Offline aes256

• Founding Wasp
thanks Joe
Quote from: Eleusis
However, I had serious misgivings about sharing because my quest was one for knowledge and experience while, I knew, for most others it would be for purely economic reasons.

Quote from: Orange
you can always dont make things.
but u cant always make things happen.