Author Topic: Reduktive amination with NH3  (Read 4180 times)

malvaxman

Reduktive amination with NH3
« on: September 18, 2001, 10:51:00 AM »
If wanting to make A. from P2P instead of meth I suppose one should replace the methylamine in the reduktive amination with the same molar amount NH3. Has anyone tried?
Is there any reason to make A. instead of Meth?

Bwiti

Re: Reduktive amination with NH3
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »
For every 0.3M P2P(40g), use 200ml 25% ammonia. Ammonia adds badly, so one will end up with a yield of 30% or worse. Why not just use nitromethane?

I'm going to help all of you cleanse this diseased planet.

slappy

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2001, 06:19:00 PM »
There is no reason to make Amphetamine intead of Meth. NH3 sucks as a nucleophile, and the yeild will suffer by at least 30%. If you're dead set on Amphetamine, try reductive amination with benzylamine, then remove the Bn group with catalytic hydrogenation.

terbium

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2001, 11:59:00 PM »

If wanting to make A. from P2P instead of meth I suppose one should replace the methylamine in the reduktive amination with the same molar amount NH3. Has anyone tried?

As slappy said and for the reasons he gave, I can't imagine why anyone with P2P would try to make amphetamine instead of methamphetamine.

Bozakium

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2001, 12:15:00 AM »
There is one reson to seriously consider A instead of M-A, and that is a matter of freedom. In a worst-case scenario, due to minium-sentencing minimums in the USA(there are organizations fighting the racist and unconstitutional mand. minimums, do a search), the difference between A and MA is 1 vs. 5years for 5 gm to 3/4 oz., 2yr vs. 10 yr for 2.25-3 oz. and 6-15 vs.10-14yr for 2-20lb., penalties vary based on criminal record, but are similar, but basically, for the small-timer with minimal record there is a vast difference. People breaking the law should seriously evaluate their security risks before risking their freedom. Bozakium does not advocate breaking the law but shares this knowlege for education of the general public on the unjust laws of this cunttree. This info is from Uncle Fester's "Advanced Techiniques of Clandestine Psychedelic and Amphetamine Manufacture",pp. 152-143, Loompanics Unlimited, Port Townsend ,Washington, 1998.

slappy

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2001, 01:08:00 AM »
I am almost positive that amphetamine is currently being sentanced under the methamphetamine sentancing guiedlines.

Acme

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2001, 10:07:00 PM »
For reductive aminations, the pH has to be near 5.5, so the imine can form; add 3 eq of AcOH to the reaction at least and check the pH a few times.