Author Topic: Designer Drugs Directory  (Read 17748 times)

spike_heron

someone wanna do some OCRing?
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2003, 04:20:00 AM »
so.... i've scanned the entirety (except for the last, completely useless 30+ pages of chemical name indexes - if it gets OCR'd, then theres no point, as all synonyms are on the pages themselves and you can just grep/find, eh?) of the DDD as b&w .TIFs, and now am waiting for someone to OCR the damn thing. its really not worth the money - the actual cost comes out to about $1 per page, they use the biggest typeface and largest margins possible, and leave a blank page every chance they get. the one interesting thing ive taken from it so far is the morpholine analogue of LSD - the authors claim that you can make it by simply heating ergotamine and morpholine together, but the actual report is unpublished. i had a chance to ask Nichols and Shulgin both about it, and they said it certainly didnt seem all that facile. maybe someone here can test it out and put the lie to their words, or not.

anyways, if youre willing to take on the task of OCRing this book and/or hosting such a blatant and egregious copyright violation on your site, message me.