Author Topic: P2P Proposal  (Read 3761 times)

ADDkid

P2P Proposal
« on: December 11, 2003, 02:30:00 PM »
I think I finally came up with the information that will allow bees to see P2P much sooner and easier. I just going to go thought the synthesis.
1.  React toluene with Na2CrO4 (Jones reagent) to give benzoic acid.
2.  React the benzoic acid with ethanol, with acid cat. to give the corresponding ester. (Fisher esterfication)
3.  Ok, here is the new information that I came up with.  Reduction of this ester to the corresponding alcohol can be done using sodium in an alcoholic solvent.  (Bouveault-Blanc reduction.

Now you may go different ways with this.  You could react that with HBr to give the corresponding halide, then use Grignard reagent with ethanenitrile (ethanenitrile is the product of acetamide with P2O5 at 85C) to give P2P. You could also take the halide and react it with acetic anhydride to give P2P.

I beleive that the hardest thing about this reaction is Grignard reagent, but I have seen on the web of actual lab directions from Unversity that explain detail information on preparing Grignard reagent.  The ethanenitrle formation should be really simple, just heat and reflux.  You could make your acetamide from acetic acid and urea, or just buy it. Toulen is dirt cheap and easy to get.  Jones reagent is really easy and cheap to get.  KMnO4 might prove to be a little easier though.  Magnesium cheap and easy to get, dry ether can be a small problem.  Don't know how hard the Blanc reduction is though, just learned about it.  Fisher esterfication will need to be push to allow more ester to form.  Just add more reactant alcohol, or remove the water. 

Please feel free to be critical, I would like to know if there is any fault in this theory.  This is why they call it research.  Thanks.  ADDkid.

P.S.  This is a must website link for all bees.  I have a book similar to this website, but this website is updated.  Anyway this website contains details about all Name reactions.

http://www.chem.ox.ac.uk/thirdyearcomputing/NamedOrganicReactions.asp

Chromic

Benzyl alcohol
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 07:27:00 PM »
Why not just purchase benzyl alcohol, rather than trying to make it from toluene? It's a pretty easy chemical to come by..

And react the benzyl alcohol with hydrochloric acid to form the chloride instead of the bromide, it's much easier to source and there's info on this subject on Rhodium.

The Grignard is where your whole idea falls apart in the clandestine lab...

chilly_willy

the benzyl's...
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 11:10:00 PM »
The materials you are trying to start from to get P2P are not where its at in my opinion.  Benzyl alcohol, Benzyl Chloride, Benzoic Acid, etc. are nice on paper but dont always end up so nice.  Try looking up Benzaldehyde or even Benzene for starting materials.  Free radicals and Manganese compounds are especially nice.  Benzaldehyde is a classic starting point.  Try that instead.  I posted about Grignards and benzyl chloride a long time ago and the bigger bees didnt look to favorably on that one.  Happy hunting..

CW
8)

Lucid_Dreamer

Also, phenylalanine--> ...
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »
Also, phenylalanine--> phenylacetaldehyde---> phenylacetone
Via stecker degradation, plus whatever process from phenylacetaldehyde has always interested me.

Post 383970

(Rhodium: "phenylalanines to carbonyl compounds.", Newbee Forum)

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/p2p.strecker.html

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/meth.phenylacetaldehyde.html

algebra

also, toluene + oxidiser permanganate -->...
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 01:02:00 AM »
also,

toluene + oxidiser permanganate --> benzaldehyde
BzCHO + NaOH (cross -canzzerio??(sp) --> BzOH
BzOH + HCL --> BzCl