Author Topic: Ritchie vacuum pump owner's manual  (Read 2914 times)

nitrous351

Ritchie vacuum pump owner's manual
« on: July 10, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »
ok, I have a ritchie yellowjacket superevac model number 93490 2cfm vacuum pump. I don't have an owner's manual for it, and I need one badly. I did a google search and didn't come up with anything. Does anybee have this pump or a similar one? PLEASE PM me if you have a way to get me a copy of the owner's manual for this pump (or a similar model). Maybee someone could scan and email me one? or give me a link to where I could find a .pdf file of one?
I'm a little embarrassed (sp?)...I bought this pump used thinking I could figure out how to use it... well, I must confess I have no fucking clue what some of these valves do! :-[  Anybee help me out? Thanks peace

java

Re: ritchi vacuum pump owner's manual
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »
This might help......java

http://www.yellowjacket.com/pdfs.html

nitrous351

no help
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 09:31:00 PM »
java, thanks for the link, but they don't have any owner's manuals on that site... that kinda surprises me. Anyway, thanks for trying to help me out. I know somebee out there is just dying to help me!!!

technology

contact them perhaps
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 06:43:00 AM »
perhaps you could just contact the manafactuer via what ever method you deem to be appropriate.." email them, or even phone them..given that you cant find one on their website i gather it might b hard to find one then, unless a bee has one. i think the best bet is to contact them they will glady perhaps" send one to you.. good luck

all the best. ;)

OcoteaCymbarum

The best is really to contact them
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 01:59:00 AM »
If you want you can pretend you found this pump and would like to sell it. You need the instruction manual before selling it.
I'm sure they will you send you one either by e-mail(as a pdf files for example) or by regular mail, no questions asked

wyndowlicker

Hey now,
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 09:13:00 PM »
Hey now,

Ive got the 1.5cfm models manual,in a few days Ill send it to you.What is it your trying to figure out?Call a ritchie distributer they could help if you cant wait. :P

nitrous351

how to use it
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 11:49:00 PM »
I'm trying to figure out how to use the damn thing! I had been using a piece of shit water aspitator vacuum station, but I bought this awesome pump used...practically brand new... but no owner's manual. Anyway, i thought I could figure out how to work it myself, but apparently I was wrong. I have figured out everything (with the help of PM's from an awesome bee...thanks man, you know who you are!) except the "gas ballast" knob. What the fuck does that thing do? I would still appreciate that manual when you get the chance though...peace

biffman

Of the several yellowjacket pumps that I have...
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2003, 07:54:00 PM »
Of the several yellowjacket pumps that I have had, none of them came with a "owners manual" just a page with some basic instructions.  All I remember it saying about the gas ballast knob was that it should be opened before shutting off the pump after using  it at vacuum.  I think that it is just to clear out any noxious or corrosive fumes from inside the pump.  It really isn't a big deal expecially if you change your oil after every use.  This is the best thing that you can do since leaving the oil in the pump will DRASTICALLY shorten the pump's life.

hest

Gass balas
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2003, 06:19:00 PM »
The gass balast let some air (not much) into the oilchamper, this 'degass' the oil (remowe solvent's and water). The 'price' is a lower ultimate wacum (say 10-3 instead of 10-4). Iff you don't have a freez trap mounted with dry ice or liquid N2 alwaye have the gasballast at max.