Author Topic: white lithium grease  (Read 4009 times)

wyndowlicker

white lithium grease
« on: March 18, 2002, 11:48:00 PM »
how will this work in place of vasaline to seal joints?How does it hold up to heat?

I will choke untill I swallow!Who are you to judge or strike me down!

Niels_Bohr

Re: white lithium grease
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2002, 12:03:00 AM »
I suspect that the Dow Corning silicone grease sold in automobile parts stores is the same thing.  It is used for spark plug wires.

wyndowlicker

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2002, 12:15:00 AM »
But,Back to the question will this lithium grease work ok Swiw already has some?

morpheus

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2002, 01:31:00 PM »
White lithium grease is primo when it comes to using
because of high temperature.It is used to pack wheel bearings on cars because these bearings get so damn hot
normal grease breaks down subsequently resulting in
premature bearing failure

Fully_Auto

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2002, 06:28:00 PM »
Damn it I already answered this question for you. Get the silicone vacuum grease because it's chemically inert. It cost $2.00 US. White lithium grease might fuck up your reactions.

The Ultimate Weapon Can't be controlled, banned or confiscated. Your weapon's your mind.

wyndowlicker

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2002, 10:36:00 PM »
went to the hardware store and they had none.Why would this fuck up the reaction? :P

PrimoPyro

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2002, 02:25:00 AM »
Why does safrole go through reactions to make a drug? Why does MDMA even get you high? Why?

Because they just do. That is reality. The same with things that will fuck up a reaction. Lithium is a reactive metal, therefore it may have a bad tendency to interfere with reactions by partaking in them ( = not good).

PrimoPyro

Vivent Longtemps La Ruche!

Fully_Auto

Re: white lithium grease'
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2002, 05:31:00 AM »
Thank you PrimoPyro. I already told you in the personal message. Go to a scientific supplier and by some vacuum grease. No id needed no hassle no bullshit. You could probably be naked at the scientific supplier and they'd sell you the grease. If you don't think I'm providing you with good advice don't PM me asking questions that you're going to post on the board. I'm more than happy to help you with you're questions don't, get me wrong, but don't waist my time or I wont respond to you anymore.

The Ultimate Weapon Can't be controlled, banned or confiscated. Your weapon's your mind.