Author Topic: Super High Potentcy Push/Pull dope  (Read 78293 times)

lugh

Apparatus
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »
Speculations about the identity of the product should bee kept to oneself until proper analytical work is done, the melting point apparatus mentioned in

Post 254885 (missing)

(lugh: "Re: testing the purity", Chemicals & Equipment)
is adapted from pages 80-3 of Vogel's 3d Edition, which can bee found at:

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/djvu/vogel/vogel.3rd.djvu

As far as polarascopy:

The effect can be demonstrated by examining with Polaroid sunglasses light reflected at various angles from ordinary window glass. The reflections from ordinary glass will be adsorbed most strongly when the rays make an angle of about 33 degrees with respect to the surface of the glass. The angle of reflection at which the adsorbtion is strongest is related to the refractive index of the transparent reflector.
It's possible to make a rough estimate of the unknown refractive index of a substance with a pair of sunglasses and a protractor. Measure the angle at which reflected rays are absobed most strongly. Subtact the angle from 90 degrees. The trignometric tangent of the resulting angle is equal to the index of refraction.

:)  ;D  :)

Jetson

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2003, 04:00:00 PM »
melting point should be around 172 in Ferenheit swij believes.  he'll check.  either way he's pretty sure it's only around a 10-15 degree difference from psuedo so one must be pretty accurate in determining the exact mp.  swij'll check(don't have notes here) and if need be and you can't find it here on tfse he'll post it.

Organikum

Testing by melting point won´t work
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2003, 04:29:00 PM »
Methamphetamine hydrochloride, melting point: 170°C-175°C
d-pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, melting point: 180°C-181°C

You won´t detect this without serious equipment and a lot of training. In difference to ephedrine.HCl is pseudoephedrine.HCl soluble in chloroform so there is no way to separate them this way. I started a thread on this not long ago, but interrest was low.

ORG

Jetson

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2003, 04:58:00 PM »
yup that's it.  Celsius.  and very little room for error.  shite man,  little interest.  in seperating meth from pseudo?  or is that e.hcl from p.hcl?

anOrangeDrip

i don't have a merck
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2003, 07:16:00 PM »
I remember reading that the melting points of ephedrine sulfate and ephedrine HCl differ by about 30C. So maybe the melting points of meth SO4 and pseudo SO4 will be a big enough difference to use this test? Or maybe other acids which won't be listed in the merck

superman

a little input on rp/i/e ratios?
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2003, 11:33:00 PM »
i've read way to many ratios that vary from each other way too much.  i'm looking to end up with about a 1/2 oz finished product via coldsyth method using a rubber instead of a p/p.  can someone reccomend a good RP:I:E ratio?

very much appreciated!

Jacked

cold method??
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2003, 12:28:00 AM »
This cold method is what worlock is posting about. The P/P method is not cold by any means. The amount of I2 will be gram for gram, The ratio of your RP is determined by its quality, Is it from match book? or how many times has it been reacted? was it cleaned afterwords properly? and so on and so on. The amount of H20 is what you should be asking because that varies greatly depending on what your wanting to do and the time you are willing to invest into what your doing..

Questian:

Mp's of meth. If one was to cut meth with something that had a MP one deg less than the meth itself, would it register or effect the overall MP?

Jacked

hand held
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2003, 12:35:00 AM »
For a polarimeter, the cover of an led screen off one of those little hand held game's for kids would work, and there is enough to use a hole punch for two disk, with two screw together lens you can get for your camera holds them flat and secure. this clipped to a gravity protractor with v block would work as well as anything I would think.

Worlock

MP thermometer
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2003, 02:36:00 AM »
The melting point needs a good thermometer
a delicate piece of glassware.
Mine is nowhere that I can locate @#$%^&*dang tweakers around here break everything with their foolhardy experimental bullshowers.
If it ain't broke , hand it to a tweaker,

As  stated one needs a bit of experience in reading the M.P.
 because a partial melt indicates how much contamination and will give almost as  much insight  as the actual temperature.
The correct approach is as stated  by another bee, change the compoud being tested,
That way  the two forms of meth could also be analysed , By using a optically pure compound to attach to the meth,
There once was discussion of Tartric acid being used to separate the isomers of meth

I like the polarimeter because the mathematics will wash out the weak minded

superman

ratios:
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2003, 03:23:00 AM »

Worlock

Morpheus
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2003, 12:13:00 PM »

The information you requestee in Layman terms  os at this address

http://www.geocities.com/zabba_alba/lib/Alkyl.zip

It nust be downloaded 1 mb
the password to open the file is: hive
the inner file is unzipped to a folder and started with "Start.html"

WHiPPiT

I would like to hear from anyone who has ...
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »

placebo

Who the hell can wait that long?
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2003, 04:36:00 PM »
Who the hell can wait that long?
2.7 in 1.7 out after 2 days at 90c in small jar with a condom and wet like lava.

WHiPPiT

So you're saying that after 48 hours you got...
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2003, 12:02:00 PM »
So you're saying that after 48 hours you got 1.7g of product from 2.7g of precursor. What was the quality like?

Jacked

freebase or HCl
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2003, 11:43:00 PM »
I was wondering if pseudo base would be more adapt for this reaction the HCl?

placebo

It was crap, it was prolly 1/4gm meth.
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2003, 12:17:00 AM »
It was crap, it was prolly 1/4gm meth. This would be the smallest rxn SWIM has done by a factor of 10. And a big waste of time. SWIM didn't have the patience to wait 4 days, so he went with a water bath and 2 days and was heavy with the RP/I2. SWIM aint saying it won't/can't work. But you got buckleys chances with small amounts. It just doesn't have enough inertia to take it anywhere. Just pissed SWIM off coz he waited 2 days to get shit that he could have had primo in 2 hours.

...Sad part was, that is the first 2.7gm of pfed he has seen in prolly a year.

Worlock

Practical Application of Theoretical Chemistry
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2003, 02:37:00 AM »
A friend, of a friend, related this dream, as told to her mother, by a stray dog.
 The pooch stated that she/he(the dog had been neutered, and was not sure which sex it was, although it had a shlong, it squatted to pee) Anyway it saw one of it's many former masters, mix  together:

SETUP
-----

20 gm pseudo/ephedrine,
 24 gm Iodine,
 12 gm Red Phos
  3 gm water
 In a 1000 ml flask, fitted with 
 10 feet of  braided 5/8 inch  OD hose,
 placed in a sand bath at 100 F - 105 F.
 The hose was run from the flask upward for four feet then horizontally three feet, ending up curving  upon itself in a loop, the way that type of tubing tends to curve. The end of the tube was near a vented fan.

PROGRESS
---------

Initially- The mixture was heated until a light white smoke appeared, mixed well and placed in the sand bath, It was remixed intermittently

12 hours - mixture was less viscous(more watery), the surface of the solution was lumpy. When mixed ,1 mm particles of Iodine,pseudo/ephedrine,R would adhere to the glass.

18 hours - mixture less thick, the surface was smoother. When mixed .26 mm particles adhered to the sides of the flask.

24 hours - mixture was notably less viscous, surface was smooth. When mixed, small Red Phos particles adhered to the glass.

30 hours - less thick, smooth surface , color was the same red as always. White crystals had formed in the flask neck and the  first few inches of tubing, these were shaken down into the solution. The tubing was stained red along all but the last foot . About 4 ml of a clear fluid  formed in the loop and was drained back into the flask. When mixed, the contents drained down the sides of the flask , leaving a thin reddish film, containing almost microscopic particles.
Estimated to be 80%- 90% complete by fast reaction standards.
 The temptation to retrieve a sample was, ignored, in favor of waiting until a      color change was observed.  

36 hours - viscosity like a runny syrup. Flows easily off the glass surface.
 Color changed to a darker , dull red-purple.
 An aliquot was removed, processed,
 ABSOLUTE WAS RIGHT, A MELTING POINT IS NEEDED, What would I give for a 16 inch, 250 C thermometer right now.
The bio-assay - just put a little bit in a pipe and    WwoOowW , it has got some zing, zip, definitely a level above my usual bug juice. Not devastating, yet quite powerful. Almost Scary.  I will not go back to the 1 hour blaster method, This is "mo' betta, fer shure".

This is not the end

morpheus

pseudo base
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2003, 02:45:00 AM »
Was wondering the same thing as Jacked about using pseudo
base.Only thing is if lab grade rp & lab grade sublimated
iodine crystals are used.
The rxn is supposed to be started bone dry and there is no hydrogen present.
H2O would have to be added or I2 from tincture(not sublimated) used since pseudo hcl is not being used.Correct?

Worlock

Freebase E - bee careful
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2003, 04:44:00 AM »
The reaction  uses up 5 molecules of water and returns 8 , so a little water must be present, to get it started , then it produces its own water as time goes on evidenced by the consistency of the mixture. Water, being a product of the reaction , if in excess will  tend to inhibit the reaction, due to  equilibrium considerations . Evidenced by the length of time it takes the reflux method (which uses a lot of water),  to complete.

The freebase is highly reactive, before adding RP, it is best to chill the E and I for five minutes.
Adding RP at room temperature, may cause an eruption of the chemicals. Not explosive, but violent enough to expel the contents of the flask all over the ceiling, and produce an awesome red cloud of smoke.
Chilling the chems  for five minutes, in the freezer, before adding the RP  prevents this.
Once past that initial introduction, the E will forms into an iodide salt, and is safe again

Jacked

H20
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2003, 04:47:00 AM »
H20 is needed to make HI. When you are using I2 from tincher there will be a small amount of moisture present. No H20 No HI. When they call this a dry reaction it must be by comparison only and not to be taken literately.