Author Topic: at last found MEK in Oz  (Read 2718 times)

BlackBmw1

at last found MEK in Oz
« on: July 31, 2004, 09:14:00 AM »

ApprenticeCook

and this amazing discovery was worth starting...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 09:49:00 AM »
and this amazing discovery was worth starting a new thread?
*sigh*

And you shouldnt share your sources even over pm, its a bad practice that has the ability to have the same effect as writing it on the open forums.

-AC

BlackBmw1

Sorry :(
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2004, 11:09:00 AM »
swim thought the Hive was the place, where everybody shared there idea's, :)  and a place to unite all source's to beat the evil of darkness, 8)  not much in revealing sources in post, but to make it easy without hassles ...im sorry if i offended anyone, i meant well no disrespect to anyone or jeopardise source's. Thought cause swim lives in Oz, and Oz Bee's dont have it like in Paradise (USA). Its much harder to find chems here in OZ, and was happy to share some info .. :(  :( soorryyyyy
keep to myself next time .. :(

wareami

Broke ass 2 cents....
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »
Well AC, maybe it's good blackbmw posted this new thread cause it inspired me to inject my broke ass 2 cents on this.
Revealing an aquisition source for hard to find common OTC chemicals is not going to hurt the collective or put anything on any diversion list that isn't already there.
Example...chemicals found as ingredients in some OTC products are the easiest aquisition source and most would never know if a select few weren't smart enough to investigate or concerned enough to disclose the source.
MEK and Acetone are interchangable for most purposes discussed here.
That is valuable info for those bees in countries that have stricter control on some chems.
Oz bees have it rougher than most with labeling policy's.
Without help finding some things, they'd bee shut down!
For common chems, I see nothing wrong with their disclosure.
Just apply some common sense.
If disclosing a source of something has the potential of hurting the collective....don't do it!
If your not sure if the disclosure will hurt or help the collective...don't do it.
When it doubt, It never hurts to ask the mods...after all...with some things, you'll never know if you don't ask.
However...to offer to disclose anything through PM is like playing russian roulette if the info is given to any but established and trusted bees.

Rhodium

Smart bees can find their own sources
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »
For common chems, I see nothing wrong with their disclosure. Just apply some common sense.

As there are vastly too many users here who lack such a sense, we have chosen a blanket ban on revealing sources.

ApprenticeCook

As there are vastly too many users here who...
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »
As there are vastly too many users here who lack such a sense, we have chosen a blanket ban on revealing sources.
Exactly my point.... thanks rhodium.

However...to offer to disclose anything through PM is like playing russian roulette if the info is given to any but established and trusted bees.
Yes.... thats what i do.... had a few people ask for info and i help them out, PROVIDED, they are a trusted bee... you know who you are... otherwise why should i risk a source (i dont say MY sources, but others i know of) to a stranger or noob who has not established credit on the hive?

-AC

BlackBmw1

Sorry guys it wont happen again :-( , i didn't
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 09:05:00 PM »