Author Topic: Why gas or add HCL at all?  (Read 2860 times)

sunfair

Why gas or add HCL at all?
« on: February 20, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »

SHORTY

Too basic
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »
You probably didn't find the answer too your question in tfse because it is too basic.  The answer is because meth freebase is not a solid.  It is like an oil and therefore it is difficult to handle.  It also taste like shit if you try to smoke it.

jackhole

Meth Carbonate
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 07:52:00 AM »
Don't forget that if the freebase is exposed to air for any amount of time that it probably realistically will be, it'll react with the carbon dioxide in the air to form meth carbonate.

ChemoSabe

Meth Carbonate + FB vapor
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »
What does meth carbonate smell like? (if anything) Occassionally when mining old leftover lye/naphtha stacks for stray and leftover goods swim's buddy extracts this stuff that is vaguely reminiscent of talcum powder. Usually coming out of the older jars. Seemed like it was somewhat active too.

Also, despite the rumor heard a few posts above of it not having the greatest flavor, I think I recall that Rhodium at one time (and maybe still now) preferred the intake/administrative theory that meth be taken in vaporized freebase form. (see link below) I've never heard of anyone else sharing this preference but there's gotta bee more than just one.

Post 352763 (missing)

(Rhodium: "Smoking theory", Stimulants)

Actually that whole thread has enough decent content and entertainment value to warrant taking a look

Post 352308 (missing)

(Jetson: "freebase meth smoking...", Stimulants)

auntyjack

chemosabe
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 09:33:00 AM »
i think the talcum powder stuff may be salts that are a result of changing the ph...not sure