Author Topic: beautiful crystals leave me confused  (Read 2862 times)

superman

beautiful crystals leave me confused
« on: July 11, 2004, 07:06:00 AM »
last night i was dicking around the lab (bedroom) and did a 2nd pull on an old tetra trap.    what resulted wasn't the very impressive pile of glistening crystals i expected, but rather a dull, off-white pile, almost has a yellow tinge to it.

so for lack of something better to do i threw it the pile into sum acetone and filtered it.    now the part that really catches my interest is what i found the the beaker that contained the dirty pseudo+acetone before i dumped it through the filter.   when i woke up and looked inside i found completely clear, rectangle crystals that appear to vaporize at a consistant temprature completely clean.

i'm going to dick around sum more and see if i can replicate this but some advice or maybe an explanation of what just happened would make happy as pig shit.    i'd love to be able to react a pile of these crystals tonight ::-)

EDIT:  some of the larger crystals are almost 1/4 inch long

12cheman12

Whats so confusing about that?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »
Whats so confusing about that?
You did the tetra trap, you obtained your crystals and you washed with acetone.
I dont see whats so confusing about that.
The only confusing thing is the lack of info in your post, are these crystals what precipitated out of the naptha or are they of hcl form?

superman

these are the FB crystals from the tetra, i...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 07:28:00 AM »
these are the FB crystals from the tetra,   i did a half assed job of dissolving them in acetone and filtering with hopes i'd catch sum crap in the filter.

ok i just realized what happened.   i'll report back later today if i can replicate my results

abominator

Freebase baby
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 10:42:00 AM »
Looks like ya finally got it down, superman!

React those crystals and tell us about the results.

superman

almost got it. the first pulls from that trap...
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »

cycosyince

vell vee contgratulate
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »