Author Topic: Dry Acetone  (Read 7548 times)

kris_1108

Dry Acetone
« on: January 06, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »
Well I thought I'd give this a subject that a newbee could search for, and actually get an  informative result.
I had a search for dry acetone and got plenty of info, however no-one seems to agree with anyone else.

I understand that the basic procedure for drying acetone is to oven bake your epsom salts for x hours at x degrees and then add x grams to your x litres of acetone and then let it sit for x hours to dry it out. Then filter the salts out.
Can somebody pleeeeeeease help me with the x's and give a bit of general info?
Thanks
Kris

randolph_carter

here is some general info....
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 08:40:00 AM »
below are some links to various data sources on drying of solvents after a short rave....

with epson salts bake at 350 for 3 hours or until there is no liquid at all and the salt has turned so "light and fluffy white , you'll make a million tonite...", then add oh let's say 10 g to each liter of acetone for oh....overnite... ,

it's actually somewhat "interactive"....
i.e. ya gotta figure how much h2o ya might have in yer solvent and then look at the h2o "absorption" capabilities of the particular drying agent you are using.....

the above recommendations are a good starting point though....

and now the links...

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/equipment/dryingagents.html

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/equipment/dryingagent.data.html

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/equipment/dryag.html

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/equipment/dryingchemicals.html

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/equipment/solvent.purification.html

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/safety/solvd.htm

hope ya can use the info.....

jemma_jamerson

substitute?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »
kris, not sure if this is of any help, depending on what your using the dry acetone for, if it is to remove the paracetamol/anti histamine by boiling pill mass etc, i have a simpler way, so you dont have to do all the baking and fukn around.

get some de mineralised water, add 5 percent metho, put in freezer let sit for few hours.

take pill mass, soak it in ->shake like shyte->filter->evap done

Ganzas2003

EPSOM SALTS...but if..
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »
swim cant seem tofind those epsom salts anywhere here.
SWIM is restricting is percursor and other shits needed to internet search and buying...

he really wants start decresing the shit bought by himself to a point where actually all shit is aquired in internet...its like a game...so 2 questions are presented here:

- What if SWIM use CaCl instead of Epsom Salts?whats the right procedure???

-what the fuck are those Epsom Salts used for??in what type of store can swim look for???

in hardware store swim uses and in that corner where all anti humidity is, he can only bring or Calcium chloride or silica...so any help would be apreciated.
thx in advance.
peace and some ganza!

kris_1108

Epsom Salts
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »
GANZAS -
Epsom salts are available at the grocery store, probably in the health or medicine section.
You can put them in your bath; they dissolve. I think its good for your skin.
Dissolve some in a glass of water for constipation.
Can be used in soil to correct some deficencies.

People using speed IV that has been cut with epsom salts will get an 'ass rush', i.e. they feel like they need to shit. Thats the constipation thing working hehe.
anyway
seeya

Rhodium

Urban legend
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »
People using speed IV that has been cut with epsom salts will get an 'ass rush', i.e. they feel like they need to shit. Thats the constipation thing working hehe.

Incorrect.

The laxating properties of orally ingested sulfates depend on the body retaining more water in the intestines due to the osmotic pressure excerted by the salt present. Therefore, injecting some of it IV would not have any such effect, it could only make you thirsty, if anything.

kris_1108

Oh
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 10:42:00 PM »
Thanks Rhodium  :-[
Well there ya go, its an urban legend. Next time someone tells me about the RectumRush I can tell 'em that they're FULL OF SHIT. Or should I say that they'd be STILL full of shit.
I was just reading a PDF

http://www.cmc.qld.gov.au/library/CMCWEBSITE/CrimeBulletinJune03.pdf

on amphetamines in QLD, it reads that 'ice' is generally not produced here in oz, and that it gets imported from asia. I thought 'ice' was just methamphetamine that has been recrystalised... i.e. if it was then that would mean it wouldnt be hard to produce it here if it only needs recrystalising.

mr_pyrex

Regarding drying Acetone by way of CaCl....It...
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 12:03:00 AM »
Regarding drying Acetone by way of CaCl....It is not recommended according to the text Purification of Laboratory Chemicals...due to the formation of additional compounds. And as for MgS04...It is not recommended either as they state that it is a inefficient drying agent.  Their recommedation is to use CaS04(Drierite drying agent).  ...Acetone was shaken with drierite (25g/L) for several hours before it was decanted and distilled from fresh drierite(10g/L) through an efficient column, maintaining atmospheric contact through a drierite drying tube.  I would imagine for most purposes that shaking acetone while in contact with Drierite for a short period of time and then decanting would be suffice for most uses.  Good Luck and for more drying info see a recent post....drying agents and their compatibilities (I think that is what I called it) ...the post covers basically everthing that is stated in the above mentioned text....just reworded slightly, so I didn't just copy it word for word.  Pyrex out of drying agents ;-)

biotechdude

A Policeman once told a friend of mine ICE...
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »
A Policeman once told a friend of mine 

ICE (aka CRYSTAL) is meth of a very high purity and crystalised nature.  Usually found as clear diamonds (size of a small pea); commanding high prices and having low availability.  It is produced from good precursers, good technique and recrystalisations.  The effects are smoother and more pronounced the 'SPEED'

'SPEED' is meth of lower quality and crystal structure.  Usually found as a white powder; having lower street prices but much higher availability.  It is usually produced by under-parr precursers, combined with a lack of thorough cleaning and recrystalisations.  Its effects are more 'smacky' and shorter lived.

Both 'ice' and 'speed' forms of meth have large markets.  Based on the resources and markets available to them; cooks or cartels decide which they wish to produce.  'ICE' requires more laborious procedures and yield-loss; but gets higher street price.  'SPEED' can be produced quicker and in larger quantity and yield; and sells more (kg wise) but for a much lesser price.

Asia ice is usually a tad undercooked (yellow) and highly crystalised (size of finger tip).  Another majority is produced interstate and shipped in.  Another majority is produced by the better biker cartels or their contract cooks.  Another majority is produced from naughty little boys...

kris_1108

Icy Wicy
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »
Biotechdude
Thanks
Is there any reason why the home chemist couldnt make 'ice' by doing something like this -
Start with really clean RP/I2/Pseudo
Do a nice LWR
Wash post rxn fluid till very clean
Steam distill
Titrate oil into dh20
evap w/ acetone flashing
recrystalise slowly, maybe twice?

Would that pass as 'ice'?

Or have i missed the point...

Ganzas2003

allright...
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »
hey i used cacl with acetone once and to much shit in final product...anyway my technique is bad and equipment is caveman grade :) so i quit drying acetone and others...i would give the mg sulphate a try if i could find a equivalent shit here...
my only use for the CaCl is to dry/storage the iodine.
thx for the info kris.
peace and some ganza! ;)

biotechdude

easy ice
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »
Start with really clean RP/I2/Pseudo
Do a nice LWR
Wash post rxn fluid till very clean
Steam distill

Remove water layer from distillate.  Add NP to dissolve meth-fb.
Wash NP/meth-fb with cold salt water, warm NaOH solution, then DH20.  Add water THEN...

Titrate oil into dh20
evap w/ acetone flashing
recrystalise slowly, maybe twice?

You'll have some kickin ass gear; better than 99% of that available.  Just stay on the low pro cos word will spread quickly...

elfspice

from personal experience....
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »
injecting magnesium sulphate does have a noticable effect, it seems to be a combination of an overflowing/rushing sensation in the head and a heat rush in the lower abdominal region. Different salts have different effects, sodium chloride, for example makes your head feel quite hot and raises overall body temperature. All of these effects are caused by a temporary and massive jump in concentrations of these ions, which facilitate certain kinds of nerve signals. Magnesium in particular would be synergistic with methamphetamine as magnesium is critical to rapid and focussed transport of nerve signals.

I used to find that the combination of the yellow crank shite that was cut about 1:10 with magnesium sulphate (it was often a bit wet looking from the HI salts i'm guessing), it gave this MASSIVE headrush, it was like the most utter mindnumbing blast of ecstasy, me and my friends used to often spend the first 20 minutes so overwhelmed by the intensity of the rushes we could barely speak...

i think that's why so many people get so addicted to that particular type of gear, the rush is something i would think to be similar to the headrush from cocaine, maybe not the same, but similar in intensity and duration. There was also often a massive dropoff to a very painful comedown at about 3 hours into it... evil nasty comedown, which i found a mind trick to stop it being painful

oddly enough it was like the negative thoughts, thoughts involving resistance or distaste - and this applied to the pain itself as well, compounding on itself seemed to directly turn from a vaguely negative thought into an ache somewhere - but there seemed to be a way of turning them around by just accepting them rather than feeling some kind of distaste or annoyance. doing this caused me to have an immediate headrush and intense feeling of bliss. It was this that caused me to continue my interest in these compounds... pure material does not affect me the same way, however that's probably a good thing.... i can't really say... but i can say that the yellow cut crank would have killed my liver and kidneys slowly but surely if i kept using it.

okok i'm digressing. in conclusion, my experience shows that magnesium is mildly active with regard to causing headrushes, and this, combined with the effects of unreacted pseudo and iodoephedrine and p2p causes a very intense but short lived rush when injected. glucose is another common cut, and it will cause a rush too, and a converse crash which will compound with the amphetamine come-down.

cutting agents suck

geezmeister

Salting for that head rush
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »
I learned some time back from Jacked to leave a little Epsom Salts in the meth for the rush my IV user friends crave. The advice was for the women users' pleasure, and my experience bore out Jacked's advice as good. It takes very little of the salt to obtain the effect.

My question was how best to introduce a little bit of epsom salts into the meth? My answer came in the acetone used to rinse the meth with. I dry my acetone with nuked epsoms, broken by smashing in a coffee can, some of which are very fine particles. The finer particles tend to float in the acetone for a while, and some will float up into the acetone when the acetone is swirled even after it is dry. Decant the acetone while it still has some of the fine particles in it and save this to rinse the meth destined for your IV user friends. Shake it a little to insure and even distribution of the salt and rinse the meth with it. I am not suggesting you add very much salt to the meth.. .quite the contrary. You want to add very little. The method  gives a consistent distribution of enough of the salt to give that crotch rush and head rush IV users crave. 

Let the dust settle in the acetone before decanting and you have better and cleaner smoking dope. Leave a little of that salt in the acetone and you impart some rush for the IV users.

spectralshift

kris_1108, place a heaped teaspoon of epsom...
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »
kris_1108, place a heaped teaspoon of epsom salts in a small dish in the microwave for 3min on high.

when you get a white mass add it to your acetone.
break it up if you want but it won't make a difference your acetone will be dry.

Leave a chunk in the tin if you think it isn't too suspicious. If it hasn't dissolved by the second use, it's still dry.

Forget the oven trust me, the MgSO4 doesn';t even have to be totally anhydrous, its bullshit i read the same here at the hive myself a LONG time ago, see for yourself whos bullshitting.

elfspice

baking epsom salts
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2004, 02:16:00 AM »
ya i've watched it bake in the oven with the light on, a teaspoon or ten of it in a dish goes completely dry within about 30 minutes at 250 degrees C

spectralshift

It's a terrible waste of electricity and the...
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2004, 03:43:00 AM »
It's a terrible waste of electricity and the environment.

kris_1108

Micro Wave
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »
Hi
Cool thanks guys. Next time I'll just 'nuke' 'em. I had the bastards in the oven for like three hours. Anyway after I dried them, they were crushed to a fairly fine powder and then put in a coffee jar and shaken like buggery (you know how hard you shake with mb strikers in a jar full of acetone? Yeah, that hard.) After that I added about 10gms to my remaining 600mLs of acetone and left it over night. Most of the powder when gluggy/chunky (I guess it had absorbed the water) and the other lillte bit stayed as a fine powder. This made me believe that I had added more than enough epsom salts to my acetone. After that they were filtered out and now I have dry acetone. I suppose.

biotechdude

microwave good idea
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2004, 02:13:00 AM »
Swix likes the idea of the microwave.  Quicker and less suspect than the oven 

Swix's most trusted friend came to the lab one day and looked in the oven and almost creamed himself.... Swix was drying a big ass pile of epsoms....the deadshit thought it was meth!.. Haha

Ganzas2003

MICRO waving
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2004, 02:30:00 AM »
swig uses teh microwave almost for everything. swig and any other bees living here can get a microwave, brand new, for 50 dol. swig use it to heat solvent to boiling point when cleaning pseudo....to evap water and alcool. I find it safe....some might disagree of course but who cares?...use it! its faster...but u have to keep an eye since it can burn your shit.
peace!