Author Topic: A chem order  (Read 1874 times)

pickler

A chem order
« on: November 20, 2002, 06:38:00 PM »
Swim was wondering if any eyebrows would be raised if swim ordered vanadium pentoxide from another country? Is this a watched item? How expensive is it? How about sodium chlorate?1,4 butandoil? All from another country.

I went into the business for the money, and the art grew out of it.-Charlie Chaplin

Protium

What are you going to use it for?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 06:45:00 PM »
:o

Pr(+)tium

pickler

vanadium pentoxide and sodium chlorate for a ...
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 06:48:00 PM »
vanadium pentoxide and sodium chlorate for a synth of hydroquinone to p-benzoquinone. 1,4 butandiol for fun party time. :o

I went into the business for the money, and the art grew out of it.-Charlie Chaplin

Protium

Re: chem order
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 06:57:00 PM »
I wouldn't suggest telling that to chem supply  ;D

The question was rhetorical in the sense that if you can answer that question then you can purchase just about anything, but keep in mind that ANY chemicals shipped across are borders are being watched.  The people in customs aren't chemists, so they see a chemical package and it might as well be anthrax as far as they are concerned unless it goes to a company.  But in this case I would not worry too much.

Pr(+)tium

El_Zorro

I would think that it would be very easy to order ...
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2002, 01:21:00 PM »
I would think that it would be very easy to order sodium chlorate from inside the US.  If customs sees a potential bomb ingredient, they get pissed.  Just get it from a pyrotechnics supply, and tell them you like to make rocket engines.

It is seductive, way too seductive.             -Eleusis

porkpie

Have you heard?
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »
...V2O5 makes a pretty coloured pottery glaze, apparently.

LoW_JacK

remember 9-11 ? Sodium chlorate will ...
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2003, 02:19:00 AM »

remember 9-11 ?  Sodium chlorate will undoubtably be looked at with bomb material in mind. Do not order it anywhere.
Find a local chem supplier and purchase it in person.
At least the Feds will have to rely on the retailers shitty description and not your address.

Dr_Lxve

Since 9/11 things have really become tight for
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2003, 09:13:00 AM »
Since 9/11 things have really become tight for those of us who are good, honest Americans.
What do you guys think about ordering photograhic chems, etc. from Canada? ;)

Dr_Lxve

Word LowJack!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2003, 10:27:00 AM »

pickler

Who dug up this old post.
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »
Who dug up this old post. Pickler has given up on the benzo wacker and switched to the o2 wacker. Why fuck with the benzo when there is no need to. O2, pdcl2 and cucl2 are easy to get and the reaction is simple and not as near as messy as the benzo. Safrolw to ketone in 6hrs. Not bad. 8)