Author Topic: How can i test it ...  (Read 2649 times)

Ondatom

How can i test it ...
« on: February 18, 2004, 12:56:00 AM »

mr_pyrex

Well you could do a melting point test.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 01:27:00 AM »
Well you could do a melting point test.  If it is Psuedoephedrine Hydrochloride the m.p. would be 181-182'.  If it is in th freebase form the m.p. would be 118-119'.  Then for solubility the hydrochloride is soluble in water alcohol and chloroform.  And the freebase is soluble in alcohol or ether.  As your last and least likely to prove whether or not it is psuedo...you could purchase some Sudafed...do an extraction on it and see if the two resemble each other.  Also Marquis reagent would give you a little insight too, but not definite.  Good Luck.  Pyrex out of ideas

SHORTY

Not in chloroform
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »
I used to boil my gups in chloroform and i can assure you that pseudo hcl is not solutable in chloroform.  Meth however, is soluable in chloroform.  I stopped using it because it wasn't a good cleaning solvent and stopped recrystalizing meth in it due to being told that it could be hazardous to my health.  Whether or not that is true im not sure but i am sure about the soluability.

morpheus

Test It
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 04:14:00 AM »
Take a little and do a recrystallization on it.
Either MeOH & acetone or isoprop/acetone

mr_pyrex

Well the solubility data that I posted was...
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »
Well the solubility data that I posted was straight out of the Merck 12th edition...I'm haven't personally confirmed this data but it would be my opinion that the Merck is probably correct.  You now know where the data has come from...so it is up to each bee to decide for himself or herself which data they feel is most likely correct.  Good Luck and Bee safe.  Pyrex out of textbooks ;-)

SHORTY

I have read the same thing as well but.....
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »
Unless i have been making meth from pill binders and fillers then it must bee incorrect.  Even the Merck is capable of making mistakes.  Maybe some other beez would bee willing to test it and provide their results.  Hell ill even test it again since it has been about a year since i last used it.  I actually got the idea from here but i don't remember who i got it from.  It was after i had been doing it that i read on another website that pseudo was soluable in chloroform but by then i had done it enough times to know that it wasn't.