Author Topic: 1.2 tonnes of MDMA (Australia)  (Read 14298 times)

Offline thewire

• Dominant Wasp
1.2 tonnes of MDMA (Australia)
« on: October 15, 2016, 08:26:19 PM »
Australia's fourth-biggest bust of MDMA nabs drugs worth $145 million
http://www.smh.com.au/national/australias-fourthbiggest-drug-bust-nabs-drugs-worth-145-million-20161014-gs30g3.html

The Australian Federal Police and Australian Border Force have jointly seized 1.2 tonnes of the drug MDMA valued at $145 million in what's potentially the largest drugs bust of the year.

The huge haul of the class A drug, a key ingredient of ecstasy, was found in the Sydney suburb of Hornsby on Thursday.

Federal police seize 1.2 tonnes of the drug MDMA, hidden in rolls of aluminium sheeting in Hornsby, Sydney. Vision: ABC News 24

The seizure followed a rapid investigation that began on Wednesday and involved both Australian and international agencies.

Two Polish nationals, Dariusz Zbroszczyk, 28 and Piotr Latusek, 29, were arrested on Friday and have been charged with offences relating to the importation of drugs.
A portion of the MDMA seized by police displayed at a media event on Saturday.
A portion of the MDMA seized by police displayed at a media event on Saturday. Photo: Dominic Lorrimer

They faced Parramatta Local Court on Saturday. No application for bail was made and the matter was deferred to the Commonwealth DPP list at Central Local Court on October 19.

It is understood the narcotics originated in the Czech Republic and that a large international syndicate is behind the consignment.

Police said a "very sophisticated concealment method" had been used to import the drugs. They were detected in duffel bags encased in lead and hidden in rolls of aluminium sheeting at a storage facility in the city's north-west.?

By Saturday afternoon, 88 sheets of aluminium were awaiting forensic investigation. Of the 22 rolls examined so far, about 250kg of the MDMA - also known as molly - had been found.

Police displayed some 15 bags of evidence containing black refuse bags and large clumps of the drug in its pure crystalline form at Sydney's AFP headquarters on Saturday. They represent just over a fifth of the haul.

The joint agencies would not elaborate on how the drugs entered the country undetected on August 15 and signalled more arrests were possible as they work with international partners in the ongoing investigation.

AFP Deputy Commissioner Justine Saunders said the "significant find" is the equivalent of over 4.1 million tablets of ecstasy and represented the country's fourth-largest haul in history.

"The size of this seizure and the amount of potential harm cannot understated," she said. "It shows the lengths to which criminal syndicates will go to profit off the misery of others - while there is demand for illicit substances, criminals will attempt to supply it."

Deputy Commissioner Saunders said the haul was indicative of the scale of the drug culture in Australia today, with the eastern seaboard of the country the intended market.

AFP Regional Commander Tim Fitzgerald said the size of the find was concerning.

"What we're seeing is a trend of an increase in importation of illicit drugs into Australia," he said.

In 2014, police seized 2.8 tonnes of MDMA as part of Operation KOI, leading to charges against six individuals. Six years earlier, Operation Inca uncovered 4.4 tonnes of MDMA in the largest drugs bust to date.

Offline sophie7

• Tiktaktiktaktiktak
  • Dominant Wasp
  • Love been eating
Re: 1.2 tonnes of MDMA (Australia)
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 10:51:35 AM »
1,2 tons Cost only U$ 600000,includ shipping
str? prst skrz krk

Offline thinkgeek

• Pupae
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 11:03:54 AM »
i guess they are basing this that they are selling the grams at 50 usd per gram
which is conservative .. im sure grams go for 3 times that amount  in oz

usa over embelishes on these stories esp when a small town police dept catches them .. they think it makes them look better
fuggin narco swine

Offline byko3y

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 12:51:43 PM »
sophie7, 600 000$/1200kg -> 500$/kg, really? Maybe 5 000$/kg?

Offline Kasey Jones

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 03:24:58 PM »
$5,000/kilo--that's cheap!! The top of line perfect rhomboid glass molly goes for $2400/ounce here....

Offline fractal

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 06:30:54 PM »
$5,000 per kg seems about right, less with amount in question although everything costs more in AU due to customs there actually being good. 2.4k/oz lmfao That is retarded. You couldn't make that much selling by the dose in the midwest.

Offline b6baddawg

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 12:36:59 AM »
why import to oz? its the mecca of precursors

Offline thewire

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 09:56:38 PM »
why import to oz? its the mecca of precursors

I was wondering on that too  ??? .....
http://ausaf.awardspace.info/

Offline Impossible

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 10:03:44 AM »
Coz the cost of using plants as a precursor is gunna be orders of magnitude more than $5000/kg?

Offline thewire

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 10:06:01 PM »
Coz the cost of using plants as a precursor is gunna be orders of magnitude more than 5000/kg?

Even from from this tree? ??? This a big big  tree.....
Doryphora sassafras
The south of Queensland down to the eastern districts of NSW from the blue mountains west of Sydney to as far west as the Jenolan caves.

“The leaves yielded from 0.1 to 0.85% oil, of one district had 60-65% safrole and the other district had 30% safrole.”
 Identification by fractional distillation followed by b.p. , m.p. and density tests.
(J and Proc. Roy. Soc. N.S.W. 1921, 55, 270)

“The fresh leaves had yields of 0.8 - 2% (14.71% safrole), 0.3% for the bark (14.88% safrole), and seed oil containing 13.04% safrole.”
Analysis by GC and GC/MS.
(J. Essent. Oil. Res. 5, 581-586, 1993)

Australia, 5k/kg,  for pure mdma :o ;D?

I would like to see  someone that so stupid to sell  US$ 10000 worth product for 5000 just because so cool to be cheep. The reality is about  8000 or more straight from the beaker (EU). It means that person has got goddam good connection to the powder.  100 mg pill / 1 euro/ 10000 pills (conservative estimate)=10000 euros. If I take into account everything (risk , manufacturing, logistics), there is a price that  manufacturer can't go under. Do the math.    Pmk glycidate costs enywhere between 800-1100 euros/kg, add to this  risk , manufacturing, logistics. 5000 Benjamin is unrealistic.
US prices are 45k in NY , 22k -30k LA.
In Australia I doubt that anyone can get under 70-80k/kg (US dollar).

Offline Impossible

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 03:35:22 AM »
Ok lets do the math.

Assuming roughly 0.3% yield of safrole from fresh leaves as a optimistic average, 1kg of your safrole precursor will require 300kg of leaves to be harvested, steam distilled, and purified.  Assuming you are somehow able to amass a small army of workers to go out and harvest leaves en mass from a species that is located largely in national park areas without raising any eyebrows, the amount of trees equivalent to 300kg leaf mass probably represents a significant portion of the species entire population.  I'm not familiar enough with MDMA synthesis to have any idea what the expected yields are from safrole ---> MDMA but it's pretty irrelevant when the logistics of simply producing the safrole is absurd for anything past microscale.

EDIT:  I wonder what the comparable jail sentences would be for importing 1kg of MDMA or widescale destruction of flora within conservation areas to the tune of 300kg leaf matter worth?   
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 04:07:02 AM by Impossible »

Offline b6baddawg

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 11:32:20 AM »
camphor laurel sprang to my mind theres a few of that family in oz

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2016, 05:41:27 PM »
Well, if Cinnamomum camphora is actually used, I would be pretty surprised if any destruction of this as obnoxious weed classified plant would be punished anyway? Usually, Neophytes do not have the same "rights" as local plant life, usually no rights to sustain at all, especially in australia.
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline Impossible

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 05:46:31 AM »
Yeah, that would be absolutely awesome.  Unfortunately the variety found in Australia is exclusively the "terpene" phenotype.  There was a genetic analysis published in the 90's(from memory) of samples taken over 2 or 3 states and found all originated from japanese natives(non safrole producing) and no hybridization so far.

EDIT: And regardless, aquiring/processing 300kg of tree down to woodchips then needing to steam distill 1000L+ of water for a kilo of precursor?  I'd prefer to take my chances with china(and I don't buy from china)

Hai carl, havn't seen you in a while. 
Mind if I shoot you a PM soon regarding a bit of oxazoline chemistry?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:01:55 AM by Impossible »

Offline sophie7

• Tiktaktiktaktiktak
  • Dominant Wasp
  • Love been eating
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 12:20:19 PM »
Byko3y

A pills contain 100mg mdma sold from factory  know that every gms ov mdma thy mde for 10pills
100*10 = 1000mg= 1g = $0,5
1tons = 1000kg , = 1000000g
1000000g x 0,5 = $500000
Its the match on 2014
str? prst skrz krk

Offline sophie7

• Tiktaktiktaktiktak
  • Dominant Wasp
  • Love been eating
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 12:28:00 PM »
What caught is turn tobe 3 4 or maybe 5 hand so the price till your door is expenzivas
str? prst skrz krk

Offline Tsathoggua

• Spaz Tech
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2016, 03:59:19 PM »
The filth WAY overstate things. Especially in the US from Tsath's reading. Take counting the weight of the paper substrate used to hold L for example, in the total drug weight. Turning a few tens to hundreds of mg (assuming a relatively decent size theft) into ounces and pounds.

Nomen mihi Legio est, quia multi sumus

I'm hyperbolic, hypergolic, viral, chiral. So motherfucking twisted my laevo is on the right side.

Offline cerium

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
Very good point Tsath. When they bust and count weight, it is the total weight of binders filers and substances that might not even be actual MDMA. So if a pill weighs 0.250g and only 0.100g is MDMA the other 0.150g are lumped in the seized weight. So for the (assumed) guilty your getting charged for the extra weight, for law enforcement, your over embellishing. The monatery value is always over exaggerated and taken at the highest inflation and counted at single dose increment.
At that kind of size load, those people are paying cents per dollar for the product. With precursor technology, single kg's range down to $120-$150 USD, $80usd>  on 50kg+, people with those connections buying precursors by the metric ton, would most likely get kg for less than a meal atca fast food restaurant. The average cost to produce 1kg of pure MDMA with good precursor, cost of chems for the rxn, excluding, glassware and other equipment is roughly $300-$600 USD ttops.
The other reality is that most pills are closer to 180-250mgs now.
Meep meep meep meep meep meep!
Meep meep! - Beaker.