Author Topic: Amphetamine family freebase boiling points?  (Read 3089 times)

terbium

Amphetamine family freebase boiling points?
« on: February 17, 2002, 08:09:00 PM »
OK, I had suggested that Cept ask about the boiling points of some of the freebases of the various amphetamines Post 270700 (not existing) since I don't remember having seen that info here.

What are the boiling points of meth, mdma, and mda oils? It is essential to know the bp of the fb to ensure purity.

I thought that this was a good question. Instead he got flamed, the thread moved to the Newbee Forum and locked Post 270779 (not existing)

What are Biigoints and what established method of drug synthesis is this question about? This should be asked in the newbie forum. Your answer could be found if you look at Rhodium's site.

So, allow me to respond.

What are Biigoints
A misspelling of boiling point that occured in the title of the post, it was spelled correctly in the body of the post.

what established method of drug synthesis is this question about?
Distillation. While the post didn't explicitly say distillation it would seem implicit in the question about boiling points. Distillation seems to me to be a "method" and that was why I had suggested that it be posted in the Methods Forum inasmuch as we don't have a Physicochemical Properties Forum.

Your answer could be found if you look at Rhodium's site
I have looked through the titles of the documents on Rhodium's Chemistry page and even opened some of the documents but I haven't seen this information. If you would be so kind, I would appreciate the titles of the documents that contain this information.

noj

Re: Amphetamine family freebase boiling points?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2002, 09:06:00 PM »
Since this is apparently directed at me:

If correction and direction is what is called flaming, then I apologize. I'll refrain from that in the future. I didn't move any post or lock it, I don't have those abilities.

To do the work for him, the answers are:

MDA "The oil that remains is distilled at reduced pressure (0.2 mmHg; bp 85-95°C)" found at

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/tcboe/chapter7.html

MDMA "The oil that remains is distilled at reduced pressure (0.2 mmHg; bp 85-95°C)" found at

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/tcboe/chapter8.html

MA "the oil was vacuum distilled at a vacuum of 15 mmHg at 93 degC." found at

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/meth.hi-p.html

Conversions of reduced pressures to atmospheric pressure could be found at

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/equipment/nomograph.html

Conversions of units of pressure to assist in the above link can be found here:

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/equipment/pressure.html

I apologize for not taking the time then to directly reference the locations of information.

Chaque un à son gout

terbium

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2002, 10:42:00 PM »
Thank you. Your knowledge of the location of information at Rhodium's is quite comprehensive.

Yes, I understand that you weren't the one who moved and locked the thread. Sorry for implying otherwise.

noj

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2002, 11:31:00 PM »
Just the first section of Rhodium's; I've read it a few hundered times at least. I don't have a life  ;)

Didn't mean to sound like an ass either, just lost alot of money this weekend and a little heated.

Chaque un à son gout

LaBTop

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2002, 01:51:00 AM »
And he still doesn't have the answers he was freewheeling for. Atmospheric bp's.
He don't want to find bp's under vacuum, he wants do do a quick bp test at atmospheric pressure, in a testtube with a thermometer, or using a professional bp apparatus. He wants pure product, good!
Thus he seems to know what he's doing, but is too lazy to use a search machine.

I got these answers just a week ago by using the SEARCH option at Rhodiums pages, and filling in bp, and later again boiling point. I found lots of interesting other data btw, by reading all the pages which turned up.
You can also find links in the above sticky threads to online resources for these compounds, or do a Search on the-Hive for bp ,or, boiling point at atmospheric pressure.

WE ARE NOT GOING TO SPOONFEED freshly arrived members with data, which they can find easily by doing a sophisticated SEARCH here or at Rhodiums pages.
BOTH searches work very good lately, I'm impressed by the refinements implemented lately by Lilienthal and Rhodium. It's just a case of being creative with english words which can be found all over the place here. Abbreviations work also.

Btw, I found the thread already locked by an admin, but I was the one to move it to Newbee forum, YES.

If more people should concentrate a bit of their freetime on mastering the Search machines provided by us, instead of freewheeling, that would cut an immens slack space on our precious Server-Harddisk space.

And save all of us reading trillions of threads about over and over the same chewed out stuff.
About perhaps 40% of the new chemistrythreads are repeated questions.

The Newbee Forum is put up explicitely for these kinds of questions, and moderation there is kept to the minimum, you have to make your own decisions based on the info provided there, is it coming from estasblished, trusted names, or is it one Newbee answering another? Nothing wrong with that, but pay attention to the value of the info provided. LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

noj

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2002, 02:06:00 AM »
LT, I did the same thing at Rhodium's, using "bp" and "boiling point", even "b.p."

I figured by knowing the reduced pressure measurement, and the bp range at that pressure, it could be figured out by using the graph in the above link.

Chaque un à son gout

LaBTop

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2002, 02:11:00 AM »
Btw, look at those 2 above the big Rhodium icon down there, PIHKAL and TIHKAL, wouldn't that be the first to search? LT/

WISDOMwillWIN

terbium

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2002, 02:41:00 AM »
Yep, the bp's for both MDA and MDMA are in PIHKAL. It was only after noj had posted the link to TCBOE at Rhodium's that it occurred to me that they would be in PIHKAL.

PolytheneSam

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2002, 02:53:00 AM »
It says in the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics 60th edition that the bp of d-amphetamine is 203-204 degrees at 1 atm pressure and 80 degrees at 10 mm.  For dl-amphetamine the bp is 203-204 degrees at 1 atm and 97 degrees at 20 mm pressure.

http://www.geocities.com/dritte123/PSPF.html

noj

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2002, 03:06:00 AM »
Erowid- MDMA 155 deg C (freebase @ 20 mm/Hg) is given as the mp, but I assume it means boiling point. Pihkal lists the bp under reduced pressure as well.

Chaque un à son gout

Flip

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2002, 10:17:00 AM »

If more people should concentrate a bit of their freetime on mastering the Search machines provided by us, instead of freewheeling, that would cut an immens slack space on our precious Server-Harddisk space.

I think that LaBToP brings up a pertinent issue here that
I know must have been covered since the beginning of the hive.  I am rather new to this field myself, and I do ask my share of dumb questions, but I recognize the fact that the hive is quickly becoming cluttered with repeat material that is covered over and over again because people are asking the same questions in different threads.  As more and more clutter is posted to the hive, the harder it is for us all to find the answers we seek.  Thus those who don't UTFSE are making it harder for those of us who do.  I am willing to bet that two out of every three posts made in the past month have been something to the nature of 'UTFSE'.  I think we should have a page that users must read before joining the hive, stressing the absolute necessity of this etiquette.  I think that we should all have a great respect for what we type as every post becomes immortalized in this beautiful structure of a database we call The Hive.

Synthia

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2002, 11:24:00 PM »
regardless of what information or where you look their will always be countless hours of painstaking research involved.

going back through the archives you will still see bee's getting spoon fed, just some of what is on the spoon gives all of us an education as to how obstructive or misinformed even name bees can bee.

i hardly think terbium is looking for a leg up, the constantly revolving nature of all of these valuable forums allows all bees to tackle different issues while keeping law makers guessing trends.

if Rhodi needs more space or server gear, lets get the hat round before we fall pray to bureaucracy.

maybee charge $100 for a colour name, this will limit the number of bee's logging on to praise themselves or create confussion.

terbium CRC (and other gathered books) is a bit hard for me to read, pm me and i can lookup per your instruction and post to forum.

guilty of cryptic waffling