Author Topic: To rhodium  (Read 1457 times)

technology

To rhodium
« on: July 09, 2003, 07:22:00 PM »
To Rhodium,
The Peracid Oxidation of Isosafrole: A Review
Just to point something out, I noticed in the article mentioned above, there perhaps is an error typo, in one of the experimentals it is mentioned that the vacuum was 3 mmHg torr, I assume you meant 30mmHg torr"
Just pointing that out so in case of interested infantbees looking and researching and perhaps dreaming don’t loose themselves in their dream,

Technology, cheers

:P

Rhodium

While 3 mmHg is incorrect, so is 30.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 03:26:00 PM »
While 3 mmHg is incorrect, so is 30. A bp of ~130-150°C is more on par with a pressure of ~15 mmHg, and as the bp is the same in that experimental as in the previous one where a 15mmHg aspirator vacuum is used, I'll change it to read "aspirator vacuum (~15mmHg)".

Thanks for noticing, but please PM me corrections like this in the future, as there is no need to clutter the board with them.

raffike

15 mm is bit high,raf with his 10 mm brings...
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 12:04:00 AM »
15 mm is bit high,raf with his 10 mm brings ketone over 140-155 or so and with 7-8 mm vaccuum,around 140 but not lower.
Also collecting over 20 C temp will render ketone bit impure,over 10 or 5 degree range would be better and that's why ketone should be distilled 2 times,once over wide range and then as mentioned above.

Rhodium

good tip
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 09:55:00 AM »
Yes, I really should add nice practical tips like that to the review... Thanks for your input.

If you or anyone else has any practical tips, additions or corrections you'd like to have addeed to the

Peracid Oxidation Review

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/peracid.html) or any other document at my page, please do tell me about it!