Author Topic: dex amphetamine to crystals  (Read 6031 times)

epistemologicide

dex amphetamine to crystals
« on: October 08, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »
are there any blockers in the current add medication being dex amphetamine TABLETS, and can swim just acid base it to get the goods? swim has a pack of 5mg being 200 pills (equates to a gram of amphetamine)

and wishs to make it into shards (special reasoning)

swim utfse but it cant comply with the request, any suggestions please beez?

jackhole

Yup
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 12:37:00 AM »
I'd perform a few solvent boils of the crushed pill mass to extract out as much shit as possible prior to the A/B, just as you would (pseudo)ephedrine extractions.

Alchymist

denatured alky
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »
it's likely they are plain chalk and lactose pills, which means you could start with an alcohol extration, follow with an a/b... Or if you have a still, you can steam distill it out

epistemologicide

affirmation
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »
hi guys, thats what swim was going to do, will the crude dex amphetamine be a hcl salt after the a/b, then can swim recrystalise to make it into shards?

i just want to double check before wasting all these pills.

jackhole

No
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 12:01:00 AM »
No, I know the shards you're aiming for, and it most certainly cannot be accomplished when working with only a single gram. An ounce would be a different story.

epistemologicide

recrystalisation
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 06:07:00 PM »
but swim has recrystalised a gram of meth amphetamine hydrochloride salt before into crystals,

what makes a gram or proberly will get 70% yeild any different, wont the goods come out as a hcl salt?

can swim just disslove into alky and then leave ra the sun god to make the pure substance?

indole_amine

dexedrine and meth are different things
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 12:20:00 AM »
When you do an a/b, you'll get dextro amphetamine freebase (before a/b, its Acidic, afterwards its Basic - hence A/B). You then have to titrate or gas to get the hydrochloride again.

But I'm afraid that you won't get any shards from dexedrine: amphetamine hydrochloride is hygroscopic as hell, and it is almost impossible to keep it dry, not to speak of growing large crystals from it.

Methamphetamine HCl crystallizes no prob, but amph HCl does not. At least not without professional technique like vacuum crystallization...

indole_amine

Alchymist

sulphate/phosphate/tartrate/citrate
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »
tartaric acid is almost the same mw as amphetamine, i wonder if it would work better? citric acid would probably be good too if so. The problem with amphetamine is the bare N makes it much more polar, more readily able to form the ammonium ion than the methyl substituted one. The pretty crystals, i would say easiest from sulphate (if it's anything like mescaline) but they are kinda yellowish usually, but i imagine with organic acids it would form a bright almost transparent crystal.

Just do a standard a/b but use one of the other acids in place of the HCl. Be sure to titrate carefully as the organic acids form crystals too... test the pH of the acidic extract from fb in np to ensure you don't end up with something that burns ;)

Scottydog

Or another form
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »
Or another form, maybee amphetamine carbonate?

Post 511002

(Chimitant: "Amphetamine Carbonate = Needles", Stimulants)

Maybee the amp freebase saturated NP (ether?) allowed to slowly evap in an enclosed "dry ice" environment?

indole_amine

salts
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »
Alchymist: Sulfate and phosphate won't form crystals - just amorphous solids, believe me! And tartrate and citrate are not common with amph, must be a reason for it...

Scottydog: Yes, carbonates are really prone to giving nice crystal structures. Maybe just dumping dry ice into the fb/np mix would work too? Similar to mexican rock candy...

indole_amine

java

Ref :Amphetamine Crystalization
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »
In a project where an amino alcohol (Phenylalaninol) is being reduced with RP/I , after the  cleaning and basing the product.  I understand then that amphetamine carbonate will form in a non-polar with some dry ice as indole_amine suggests, this being a better product than the usual amph HCl  since it's reported to make small crystals and is highly hygroscopic........it's worth a try.....java