Author Topic: Peracetic in DCM - dreams of success  (Read 21472 times)

acid_egg

100mgs!!! fuck that was ambitious
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2002, 07:06:00 AM »
100mgs!!! fuck that was ambitious ::)

Wishing you a happy landing ;)

(rated as:eggsellent)

Rhodium

Aha, that's the key! You are supposed to take ...
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2002, 08:02:00 AM »
Aha, that's the key! You are supposed to take 100mg or so, rather than following Shulgin's rather conservative dosing... I tried some about 4 years ago a few times, and while there were absolute nothing wrong with the experiences I had, I always thought that the TMA-2 "glow" in a sense has felt very "generic", as in everything visual and/or mental that has to do with its effects mainly consists of all sorts of psychedelic archetypes, where nothing of the experience can be said to be "very typical of TMA-2" or so, everything is just so common (...or at least as common as being in the middle of of a +3 psychedelic experience can be...). With all other psychedelics, there is always a certain personality in the drug I can feel, this just felt I couldn't grasp and classify really. Perhaps the key is more. Before, I regarded Shulgins dosage suggestions more highly than whenever I read on a prescription...

Oh you brave man, we really should be awarding our members some kind of prize (how about a little bronze bee, designed by Fractal or any other of the Hive resident artists?) when they have made a remarkable feat of any kind, as in someone trying out a new drug for the first time on earth (I guess Assholium beats everyone but Shulgin, or devising a new powerful synthetic pathway noone has thought about before (Labtop's NaBH4, Strike's Bubblegum Wrapper, Beaker's NaBH4/CTH reduction)

goiterjoe

congratulations chromic
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2002, 10:11:00 AM »
you have succeeded where many others have fallen short, myself included.  Now all we need to do is find something to replace the acid hydrolysis step and get the yeilds up.  Hope you get to feeling better by tomorrow.

All paths are the same: they lead nowhere

Chromic

Where the what the fuck am I?
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2002, 10:41:00 AM »
I feel lost... not sure if I'd recommend this drug to friends... it's quite the eye-opening experience though... I can't FUCKING get over that this is the first psychedelic I've made! Yay for Chromic!

goiterjoe

recommended doses
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2002, 05:29:00 PM »
Shulgin recommended dosage levels of 20-40mg, with the initial comeon taking an hour and lasting 8-12 hours.  100mg was pretty balls to the walls I bet.  He also says that TMA-2 produces good visuals but without much color enhacement.  This might make it seem dull compared to psylocin or mescaline.

weedar

Time to clean up?
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2002, 07:05:00 PM »
Chromic,congratulations,hope you feel better now  ;)
May I suggest somebee(Chromic?) make a tidy cleaned-up
write-up of this procedure in another thread?As said earlier,
now it works,next order of business is increasing purity
and yields..

Once again,good work Chromic,a wonder you haven't got a
nifty title yet.. :o

Weedar

Weedar contains 2,4-D dimethylamine salt,apparently

Antibody2

oh comon now
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2002, 08:27:00 PM »
not sure if I'd recommend this drug to friends. everyone likes to divorce reality once in a while, but you right it isn't for every weekend. way to go amigo

Chromic

Time for a peracetic write up
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2002, 11:47:00 PM »
I agree, I think it's time to make a proper peracetic write up.

Another bee will have to try and confirm the peracetic on asarone. I fear that I can make no contributions about finding the true yield from this reaction. I don't have a vacuum pump that can distill such a high BP compound. I know the yields are higher than the 5% I got. I'm sure with proper purification that yield could easily push 30%. Also we desparately need someone to try the tosic acid rearrangement on the glycol... perhaps this would give a ketone that is of a higher purity. We also could use someone who could find out if ab2's reduction is making TMOH-2 or TMA-2 (not that it really matters).

And Rhodium, if you're offerring, I'd love a little graphic in place of my "hive addict" title. Anything you would chose should be appropriate.
It's good to be alive.  :)

goiterjoe

nice title... :-D
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2002, 11:55:00 PM »
nice title... ;D

acid_egg

base jumper
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2002, 12:00:00 AM »
HaHaHa  ;D I was going to suggest something like alchemical base jumper but this is much funnier LOL! ;D  ;D

Congrats...well deserved! ;)

(rated as:eggsellent)

Rhodium

Graphics and color are unfortunately unavailable ...
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2002, 12:16:00 AM »
Graphics and color are unfortunately unavailable (those things for Kitty/Pickler took Lili over an hour to hack). The fields are made for alphanumeric strings only.

ClearLight

Oil info...
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2002, 11:33:00 AM »
Common Name:
 Calamus Oil
 Botanical Name:
 Acorus calamus L.

Geographic origin of the plant:
 Western Nepal

Method of growing:
 Wild

Introduction / Varity of plant / Method of extraction / Distilled organ:
 The essential oil is obtained by steam distillation of the dried comminuted rhizomes of Acorus calamus L.

1. Organoleptic Properties
Appearance
 Slightly viscous liquid

Color
 Yellow to yellowish brown

Aroma
 Warm woody-spicy

2. Physico-chemical Properties

Specific gravity
 1.0695 to 1.0795 at 23º C

Optical rotation

0.2º to
0.5º at 23º C

Refractive index
 1.5335 to 1.5589 at 23º C

Acid number
 0.6 to 2.5

Ester number
 2 to 12

Ester number after acetylation
 8.5 to 12

Solubility
 Soluble in 0.4 to 1.5 volumes of 80% alcohol

3. Uses
(a) In perfumes of the woody oriental type; in spice blends and flavors for alcoholic beverages

(b) Medicinal & Aromatherapy use: Calamus causes increased dilation of spleenic vessels, an important factor in regulating blood pressure

Infinite Radiant Light - THKRA

Vibrating_Lights

peracetic
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2002, 09:53:00 PM »
Can you give some explicate details on your preperation of the peracid?
VL_

Chromic

Yes
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2002, 04:33:00 AM »
>Can you give some explicate details on your preperation of the peracid?

Yes, and this is an essential detail... mixing the hydrogen peroxide, acetic acid and sulfuric acid must be done at least 3-7 days before you plan to use the peracid. There's not much to it though. Simply mix the three in the ratios given above, and in a few days, you'll notice the mixture has a distinctly different smell (much more acrid and piercing) and it's ready to use.

Antoncho

!!!
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2002, 06:19:00 PM »
MY SINCERE CONGRATULATIONS, CHROMIC !!!

Antoncho

Vibrating_Lights

Good
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2002, 06:43:00 PM »
;D  ;)

lablozer

80% acetic acid.
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2002, 12:04:00 AM »
Is 80% acetic acid fine, instead of GAA? It should be ok... If so, would adding more to reach the equiv of 92.8g HOAc be required?

wacko_reaco

BF3.EtO2 conditions
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2002, 01:33:00 AM »
Rhodium (or anyone), what conditions would you use to re-arrange the epoxide to ketone using boron trifluoride?

wacka wacka wacka

Chromic

80%
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2002, 02:39:00 AM »
80% should be fine, but try and ask the supplier to give you glacial acetic acid. They should have no problem fufulling your request.

Rhodium

Wacko: Look up the Bismuth salt rearrangement ...
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2002, 03:09:00 AM »
Wacko: Look up the Bismuth salt rearrangement articles on my site, in there yu can find references to BF3 rearrangements.