Site > News

Smoking Toad Venom Phenomenon: Hamilton's Pharmacopeia Season 3

<< < (2/5) > >>

ApeMaia:

--- Quote from: loft on December 29, 2020, 03:26:43 PM ---DMT (9). A solution of 37% formaldehyde (147.0 ml, 2000.0 mmol) in MeOH (80.0 ml) and a solution of NaBH4 (23.6 g, 625.0 mmol) in H2O (210.0 ml) were added dropwise, simultaneously,  at 15 °C to a well-stirred solution of tryptamine (20.0 g, 125.0 mmol) in MeOH (320.0 ml). The mixture was stirred at room temperature for 30 min. Then , the solution was adjusted to pH 9 by addition of 10% aqueous Na2CO3. MeOH was removed by distillation and the product was extracted with ethyl acetate (3×100 ml). Then the organic layer was washed with brine, dried over Na2SO4, concentrated under reduced pressure. The residue was recrystallized with ethyl acetate-hexane (5:1) to give 9 as a light brown solid (yield 21.2 g, 90.2%)..
--- End quote ---
[/quote]

Oh man that 90,2% surely looks good. I know it's a bit late but i'm texting Santa right now to deliver me a 5-10Lt glass reactor :D

Sawdust and Honey:
I watched the episode.
Absolutely amazing work on behalf of Hamilton and his team. I don't care what VICE is, what they do or did - this is one of the best, if not the best existing chemistry related shows. It made my blood boil to see these idiot braincooked spiritualists claiming that they're "natural people". >:(

Now, we should adapt this synthesis not to include a vacuum distillation, as this is only possible in large scale production and is inconvenient. Maybe fumarate salt once again would do the trick? The workup would be - use enough methanol to keep the borate salts inside, extract with acetone or chloroform, precipitate the fumarate salt using FASA.

ApeMaia:

--- Quote from: Sawdust and Honey on December 29, 2020, 05:09:30 PM ---i'm texting Santa right now to deliver me a 5-10Lt glass reactor

--- End quote ---

It's REACTOR TIME ! Just found a Chemglass 5lt used one, looks a beauty. plus i already got the short path distillation thingie because a friend does CBD distillation, and he got 1 to spare fooooor sure :)

Now all i need is a fine Mexican lady to help me out and yell me CABRRRROOOON NOONOOO NOOOO if i start fucking up something

--- Quote from: Sawdust and Honey on December 29, 2020, 05:09:30 PM ---I watched the episode.
Absolutely amazing work on behalf of Hamilton and his team. I don't care what VICE is, what they do or did - this is one of the best, if not the best existing chemistry related shows. It made my blood boil to see these idiot braincooked spiritualists claiming that they're "natural people". >:(

Now, we should adapt this synthesis not to include a vacuum distillation, as this is only possible in large scale production and is inconvenient. Maybe fumarate salt once again would do the trick? The workup would be - use enough methanol to keep the borate salts inside, extract with acetone or chloroform, precipitate the fumarate salt using FASA.

--- End quote ---

Eh, you know the woke/crystal therapy people, they think it's good only if you squeeze a poor toad or cut down 99% of the cacti population in order to juice them.

RhinoJackson:
Good first episode!
Now Hamiltion just needs to make some synthetic toad soul to sell the spiritualists... ::)

loft:
I enjoyed his reaction and mimic when that question arised. I mean it was 100% sure to come. And I was confronted with this opinion in the past too, I guess most of us were. It's just a hopeless discussion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version