The Hive > Chemicals & Equipment

Analytical vs Digital

<< < (2/3) > >>

maj:
Analytical scales and digital scales...  Bascially the same damn thing if ya ask but the only differnece is with one you can measure to thousands(.001)and the other to ten thousands(.0001) if you please.  And your gonna spend a pretty penny on those .  Well for that fact any of them.  For fucksakes I highly doubt most people here are gonna need highly proficient analytical scales that weigh to that calibration.  So stick with the regular ole digitals and save your green.

Freemind148:
This is what my understaning is on the difference between "Analytical" and "Digital" scales.  Analytical scale is based on principal of beam-balance with a pivot and calibrated mass as comparator.  Manufacturers can add electornics to it to make its readout in digital format.  Usually it requires rather level top and closed case to minimize the effect of disturbances.

However, typical digital scale is based on"load cell' whose resistance changes with the mass sits on top of load cell and compresses it.  This usually have certain range that is 'linear' as most of the electronic device has certain range of 'linearity'. 

Of cource, I can be wrong and you might as well find out from the people who make the scale.

Chosing the right scale for you depends on your application amd how much you want to spend, I guess.

jboogie:

hest:

Jamiroquai:
Digital scales are too easily ruined by carrying them around like a pack of cigs in the pocket as is easily to space-off and do. Whereas the twin-beams which do go to the 1/100th of a gram come with that nice hand dish and you can pre-set the desired weight and tend to the given weights & measures at hand.

I trust gravity a Hell of a lot more than storage in a pocketfull of shit(not that I even know this matters but something distorts the readings of a given mass)

To each his own, but twin-beams are value-priced and are meant to cusp the given substance itself who cares about tares and preprogramed bagweights?!

I'd take that dish and personally propose that it alone trumps them low batteries and blowing bags and unlevel flat surfaces and so on and so forth. Gravity is a constant. And yes I can't weigh with my stuff already in the bag but who cares if you ask me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version