The Hive > Chemicals & Equipment

Supercritical CO2 extraction

(1/3) > >>

chem_123:
No fucking around, SWIM's is thinking about building a CO2 apparatus to extract the goods from various friends of the bees..i.e. mush, weed, etc.

How does a bee find out which components of the items in question will be soluble in liquid CO2? will psylicobin? THC?

If so, any tips on creating such an apparatus? links? stainless steel wall thickness? formulae? suggested drawings? hints? tips?

P.S.
TFSE has been probed...nothing of serious merit was found  :(
Please p.m....ty

dumbjanitor:
I discussed this a long time ago, and just like you probally have come to realize its just to hard and dangerous. Think about it you would need to create a bomb to hold your material and the liquid co2. BAM! co2's melting point is super low so you would need to contain the weed/co2 somehow.think of the pressure releasing it. My advise is to go with propane, its cheap, plentifull, and can be used similer to the way you would go about using butane. just get a tank, get an attachment to screw a 1 or 2 foot pipe onto it, get a cap with a bunch of small holes drilled into it a viola. ask me if you want me to go more in depth but just goin to the hardware store with that in mind should be enough to create somthing good. If your confused at the store just say your making a custom bbq grill.

chem_123:
with the few directed q's that SWIM has asked, SWIM has encountered two separate answers from two separate posters which have come to a similar conclusion, a non-polar solvent needs to bee used under pressure (if possible), or at a low temp. (i.e. below 0deg. C, depending on which np is used)

SWIM has what it needs, ty.

Jacked:
If your after a pressure vessel try a medical oxy cylinder. There easy to come by empty, they are made of aircraft Al and have a square valve that is easily unscrewed leaving a 3/4-16 thread with a flat surface for a nylon washer to seal the valve. You can adapt many of an array with this standard set up.. The bottles are rated at 3000 psi and there clean inside... Best of all they come in sizes from 12" x 4" to 5' x 8" all with the same internal thread configuration.

indole_amine:
Is liquefied CO2 superior to liquid propane/butane? Because the latter two are way easier to handle, and both are pretty effective high pressure extraction solvents, too...
(just a thought)

indole_amine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version