Author Topic: PMK-glycidate the pre-precursor that brought back MDMA  (Read 21956 times)

Offline CHEMICALCOWBOY36

• Subordinate Wasp
PMK-glycidate the pre-precursor that brought back MDMA
« on: December 08, 2015, 06:50:52 AM »
Idk ok article i think this guy is a lil behind us bees we have known   about this for a while now but i like the picture i wish they had more from that lab   8) ::)

http://detect-kit.com/pmk-glycidate-the-pre-precursor-that-brought-back-mdma/
In this, you must never lapse. Even those who would be our allies would not understand. Our domain is the shadow. Stray from it reluctantly, for when you do, you must strike hard ,fast and fade away... Without a trace.

Offline brainchild

• Pupae
Re: PMK-glycidate the pre-precursor that brought back MDMA
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 09:09:42 PM »
someone found a source that is not located in china rather in europe? So i dont waste time searching for one. ;)

Offline NotGuilty

• Larvae
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 11:24:56 AM »
There's an ebook called 'Pills Of God' on Amazon about one of the guys involved in the discovery of this process, it happened much earlier than 2012 though.

He was a Dutch cook and flew to Shanghai to a factory where they had dozens of tons of PMK they couldn't sell because it had been recently banned. He put 2mil upfront he borrowed off the author of the book and had the factories entire stock converted into this new precursor and shipped a bit to Australia and the rest to Europe. The author of the book was an Australian cook the Dutch guy met when they were both in jail in the US a decade or so earlier.

Unfortunately the dutch cook had a bad stroke and became basically a vegetable, and the Australian guy got busted running the largest MDMA lab my country had ever seen (He pulled off a single reaction yielding more than 500kg of MDMA) and got 25 years hard time in maximum security. You can write to him in prison and he responds, his name is Steven Spaliviero.

Interesting bit of history.

Offline Moriarty

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 03:52:56 PM »
Rhodium posted a paper about piperonal to MDA  by creating PMK-Glycidate and making PMK (MDP-2-P) from it about a dozen years ago.  The paper was from 1947 ;).  So the "discovery" of this method predates us all.  Barium was the first to post it's use to make PMK from it.  I do believe he was Dutch.  I have run the reaction to produce PMK-Glycidate.  I had methyl 2-bromopropionate at my disposal, so I produced methyl PMK-Glycidate as opposed to the "ethyl PMK-Glycidate" as they mention in the article.  The reaction is called Darzens Condensaion and several examples of it are to be found in Vogel's 5th in case anyone wants to read some about it.

Moriarty
"The bus came by and I got on
That's when it all began" -Grateful Dead

Offline Lipbalm

• Donated!
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 12:11:17 AM »
The paper was from 1947 ;)

A lot of the best stuff is from the early 20th century. I mean whether you know it or not that is really the chemistry that we are all doing (if not earlier). And there has been so many papers over the last century that I guarantee you there are some real gems buried in academia that no one ever noticed. If you ever read about science and physics history you will know that some of the great discoveries were not even great discoveries but just great digging up of papers decades old that no one gave any notice to.
Any book you want for free:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/

Any research paper you want for free:
sci-hub.cc

Offline NotGuilty

• Larvae
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 10:18:46 AM »
Rhodium posted a paper about piperonal to MDA  by creating PMK-Glycidate and making PMK (MDP-2-P) from it about a dozen years ago.  The paper was from 1947 ;).  So the "discovery" of this method predates us all.  Barium was the first to post it's use to make PMK from it.  I do believe he was Dutch.  I have run the reaction to produce PMK-Glycidate.  I had methyl 2-bromopropionate at my disposal, so I produced methyl PMK-Glycidate as opposed to the "ethyl PMK-Glycidate" as they mention in the article.  The reaction is called Darzens Condensaion and several examples of it are to be found in Vogel's 5th in case anyone wants to read some about it.

Moriarty

That's incredibly interesting, I wonder if this Dutch guy in this community was the same person as the Dutch guy in the book.

Offline eesakiwi

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »
There's a Aussie documentary about the lab bust, 'Aussie crime lords' I think.
Its probably on YouTube.
I did wonder where he got all the precursor from...

Offline Beard

• Pupae
  • Yes, it is a beard of bees.
    • Pick a chemistry related ebook or publication you want (see list)
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 04:36:51 PM »
There's an ebook called 'Pills Of God' on Amazon about one of the guys involved in the discovery of this process, it happened much earlier than 2012 though.

He was a Dutch cook and flew to Shanghai to a factory where they had dozens of tons of PMK they couldn't sell because it had been recently banned. He put 2mil upfront he borrowed off the author of the book and had the factories entire stock converted into this new precursor and shipped a bit to Australia and the rest to Europe. The author of the book was an Australian cook the Dutch guy met when they were both in jail in the US a decade or so earlier.

Unfortunately the dutch cook had a bad stroke and became basically a vegetable, and the Australian guy got busted running the largest MDMA lab my country had ever seen (He pulled off a single reaction yielding more than 500kg of MDMA) and got 25 years hard time in maximum security. You can write to him in prison and he responds, his name is Steven Spaliviero.

Interesting bit of history.
That is interesting. I did not know any of that. Thanks. I found the book @ Amazon.

As Moriarty said, this has been around for longer than that.

This PMK-glycidate -> MDP2P route was written (briefly) about as "Method #9" of MDP2P production on page 95 of Strike's Total Synthesis II, published in 1999. It's on page 48 of the TSII ebook. He calls it the "glycide ester intermediate (don't ask)".
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:38:40 PM by Beard »

Offline Happless

• always learning
  • Larvae
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 07:23:30 PM »
Rhodium posted a paper about piperonal to MDA  by creating PMK-Glycidate and making PMK (MDP-2-P) from it about a dozen years ago.  The paper was from 1947 ;).  So the "discovery" of this method predates us all.

Indeed! Dal Cason wrote about this method in his 1990 forensic article An Evaluation of the Potential for Clandestine Manufacture of 3,4-Methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA) Analogs and Homologs (scroll down to the "Precursors" section). In that article, Das Cason references it from Elks, J. and Hey, D. H., "?-3,4-Methylenedioxyphenylisopropylamine," Journal of the Chemical Society, 15-16 (1943) as one of the known routes to MDP2P in the scientific literature. That 1943 article has been on Rhodium's Archive probably from 2003 onward since August 2003 is when Rhodium posted that article at the hive. In that 1943 paper, the authors mention the "recent publication" of British Patent GB519894 "which directs attention to this route to substituted ?-phenylisopropylamines from the corresponding substituted benzaldehydes" and they claim to have started work on this route in 1939!

I looked for the British patent. I could not find it. The link Rhodium provided is dead, and Archive.org did not archive it correctly (and thus did not actually archive it).

Offline java

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 07:20:15 PM »
Reference Information

Title
    Manufacture of new amines and their salts
Application Number
    GB19380028993 19381006
Publication Number
    519894 (A)
Application Date
    October 6, 1938
Publication Date
    April 9, 1940
Assignee
    Ici
    Arthur Lowe
    Robert Robinson

Note 519894 was the publication number not the patent number ....so the mystery resolved!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:23:11 PM by java »
"If you like yourself....then take care of yourself"

Offline overunity33

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 08:09:18 PM »
Is "Pills of God" any good?

Offline thewire

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 08:23:53 PM »
The reaction itself dates back to 1904 when it was discovered by the organic chemist Auguste George Darzens, more than 110 years ago. Impressive :)!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darzens_reaction
Darzens, G. (1904). "Method generale de synthese des aldehyde a l'aide des acides glycidique substitues". Compt. Rend. (in French) 139: 1214.
Darzens, G. (1905). "Methode generale de synthese des d'esters glycidiques ?? substitues et de cetones". Compt. Rend. (in French) 141: 766.
Darzens, G. (1906). "Condensation glycidique des aldehydes avec l'ether alpha-chloropropionique". Compt. Rend. (in French) 142: 214.

Offline brobro

• Larvae
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 10:45:08 PM »
I don't know if Pills of God is a good book but I had a quick look for the guy Stephen Spalviero

A fire, a woman and a pair of slippers brought it ALL unstuck!

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15255

He got 17yrs in 2007 and will be out in 2  8)  --- and he's in a minimum security prison farm ... could be worse :o

Check out the photo of 'reactors' at the 'factory' ... Gus fring style

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:14:30 PM by brobro »

Offline Happless

• always learning
  • Larvae
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2016, 11:56:26 PM »
Note 519894 was the publication number not the patent number ....so the mystery resolved!

Thanks!