Author Topic: WTF blue ketone!!!!  (Read 2563 times)

NooneYouKnow

WTF blue ketone!!!!
« on: May 11, 2003, 12:37:00 AM »
that's right SWIM got blue ketone, all the right properties just blue. standard benzo wacker distilled over oil at low temp to drive off DCM/water/DMF the high temp over oil. about 15g of sassy came over at 113-115C and ketone collected from 130-145C any idea how this happened, SWIm has heard of blue ketone before but just curious how!?!

Bandil

Theres a multimedia writeup(that is with ...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2003, 02:17:00 AM »
Theres a multimedia writeup(that is with pictures) on wacker mdp2p and following reductive amination on rhodiums site. In this case the author also get blue ketone, and says it's weird.

The final honey looks sweet enough though :)

I wonder how the ketone gets blue aswell... But it seems like it does not matter.

Regards
Bandil

raffike

That's wierd,maybe some coloured byproduct...
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2003, 06:11:00 AM »
That's wierd,maybe some coloured byproduct that rarely appears and comes over same temp as your acetone(3,4-MDP of course) does.

NooneYouKnow

I searched and searched
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2003, 11:33:00 AM »
SWIM searched rhodiums and will keep looking but if SWIM could get a link that would really make my day!

hCiLdOdUeDn

Gotta love NASA!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 11:43:00 AM »

NooneYouKnow

well SWIM isnt in his right mind so searching...
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2003, 11:58:00 AM »
well SWIM isnt in his right mind so searching like that didnt make logical sense however, the ketone looks exactly the same, just a smaller amount, ended up with about 53ml  one thing noted was color of safrole he dripped in, SWIM's was slightly off color too, also distillation temps were both low not quite as low as his but still low, makes SWIM think it's something in the safrole! and thank you for the links to help my feeble mind at the moment ;)

NooneYouKnow

how big is that wacker he's doing?
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2003, 11:59:00 AM »
how big is that wacker he's doing?

raffike

Probably started with 600-700 grams of safrole
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2003, 12:18:00 PM »
Probably started with 500 grams of safrole