Author Topic: lysergic  (Read 15587 times)

Rhodium

Okay then, here you go. Collect the whole series!
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2003, 05:42:00 PM »
The Ergot Alkaloids X - On Ergotamine and Ergoclavine
Walter A. Jacobs & Lyman C. Craig

J. Org. Chem. 245-253 (1936)

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/the.ergot.alkaloids.10.pdf)

The Hydrolysis of Ergotinine and Ergoclavine
Walter A. Jacobs & Lyman C. Craig

J. Am. Chem. Soc. 57, 960-961 (1935)

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/ergotinine.ergoclavine.hydrolysis.pdf)

kreiselmeier

Pixie got some Ergometrine Maleate
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2003, 05:21:00 AM »
My magic pixie just got some ergometrine maleate. Does the hydrolysis take longer than with ET? Thats what I read in Otto Snows Book, even it was pretty fuzzy. And if how much longer?

What I hear now Et is pretty much available in A,dam now, people pay around 500 Euro / Gramm  , Ergometrin a bit more, like 800 / gramm,  but still not too bad he?

My pixi is in the factory, she gets it for free heheheheheh...just kidding, would be to good to be true. Sniff.

I will keep you posted

Rhodium

Ergot & Urk
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2003, 02:45:00 AM »
Yes, in the unlikely event you had such an ergot solution, you would extract the acidified aqueous mixture with a non-polar solvent instead of a basified one. 

Regarding the Van Urk question of yours, I'm very sure you can find the answer in TFSE.

Lilienthal

Lysergic acid is zwitterionic and wouldn't...
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2003, 03:49:00 AM »
Lysergic acid is zwitterionic and wouldn't dissolve in non-polar solvents.

Rhodium

Hofmann Acidity Scale - revision in order? ;-)
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2003, 04:09:00 AM »
Oh, is that the case, I thought the acididity predominated. It's really confusing that 'acid' is actually a base.

We might have to revise this one:

Post 204510 (missing)

(Rhodium: "Hofmann Acidity Scale (Funny)", General Discourse)
 ;)

algebra

funniest things i have every seen....
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2003, 04:45:00 AM »
i know this is way off topic - but i was looking for that post on the hofmann acidity index the other day. i remember when i first saw it - was giggling out loud for about 20mins. id stick it on my bedroom door if i thought anyone around here knew lsd nomenclature and would understand the joke.

bbell

problem with tihkal synthesis LSD
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2003, 07:21:00 PM »
On page 490 of 'Tihkal' a soln. of 6.7g. KOH in 100ml.,H2O, under inert atmosphere,magnetically stirred, was brought to 75 deg. and 10g. ergotamine tartrate added, reflux 1 hour.
Jacobs and Craig J.Org.Chem.vol.1,page245(1937)State The free base was separated from the salt and was then submitted to alkalie hydrolysis as described in the experimental section(page 249).
Use methanolic KOH not aqueous as Shulgin reports.I am Starting to look for other errors in my copy of Tihkal. Will keep ya posted.

neohippy

basic hydrolysis
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2003, 07:30:00 PM »
Journal of Biological Chemistry volume 104 page 547.

uses the freebase alkaloids, and the amides are dissolved in
methanol and KOH. Themethanol is then evaporated and water and KOH are added. Then heated for an hour. Cooled and precipitated with sulfuric acid at pH 3.

bbell

Shukgin's synthesis to LSD wrong.
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2003, 06:53:00 PM »
I think he is wrong on at least two steps. You must use the base of ergotamine tartrate to yield L.A. Next it must be refluxed in methanolic KOH.I am going to look up the potassium oxychloride route and see if there are any discrepancies.Keep ya posted.

neohippy

shulgin synth
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2003, 07:57:00 PM »
I am pretty sure that the basic hydrolysis is carried out
in water. However, shulgin does nothing to recover
the iso - lysergic acid in solution. Probably why he only got about a 70% yield.