Author Topic: A New Exotic Stimulant... Carphedon  (Read 2604 times)

myodyne

A New Exotic Stimulant... Carphedon
« on: August 02, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »
I have found this completely strange stimulant. In medline no other reference.. The only thing I know is that is related to piracetam (from the abstract below i suspect it is close to aniracetam or nefiracetam) and have heard it has some interesting psychostimulant properties.. Any chemical structure or bioassay report would be useful to cease my(our) itching curiosity..

Analyst. 1999 Nov;124(11):1559-62

" Determination of carphedon in human urine by solid-phase microextraction using capillary gas chromatography with nitrogen-phosphorus detection. "

Kim S, Park JH, Myung SW, Lho DS.

Bioanalysis and Biotransformation Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Cheongryang, Seoul, South Korea. skkim@kist.re.kr

Carphedon is a phenyl derivative of nootropil and is effective in increasing physical endurance and cold resistance, and is used for amnesia treatment. Carphedon was extracted from human urine samples by solid-phase microextraction with a 65 microns carbowax-divinylbenzene-coated fiber. This analysis was performed by using capillary gas chromatography with nitrogen-phosphorus detection and optimized at pH 9.6, 30% NaCl, immersion time 10 min and desorption in the GC injector at 250 degrees C for 3 min. The regression equation for carphedon showed good linearity in the range from 0.1 to 10 micrograms ml-1 for human urine samples. The limit of detection was 0.01 microgram ml-1. The developed method is more sensitive and simpler in sample preparation than liquid-liquid extraction and can be applied to doping analysis for stimulants.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10746314

Osmium

What does its structure look like?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

Rhodium

Carphedon [(2-oxo-4-phenylpyrroline)acetamide]
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »
The above article is available online, free of charge:

Determination of carphedon in human urine by solid-phase microextraction using capillary gas chromatography with nitrogen-phosphorus detection
Seungki Kim, Joon-Ho Park, Seung-Woon Myung and Dong-Seok Lho, Analyst 124(11), 1559-1562 (1999)
DOI:

10.1039/a906027h

myodyne

Of stimulant and of nootropic.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »
Thanks Chief-Bee for the enlightment..

We have another designer drug...

Interesting seems to be. Finally we know where to search for the synthetic route.
Russian journals? Hhmm! Tough to find..But thats why we live in the Hive-village !

Rhodium

The only Carphedon Synthesis listed in Beilstein
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »
Reactant: 3-phenyl-4-ureido-butyric acid
Product: 2-oxo-4-phenyl-pyrrolidine-1-carboxylic acid amide
Reagent: acetic anhydride
Time: 1 hour
Other Conditions: Heating
Yield: 93%

Avetisyan, S. A.; Korachov, S. L.; Azaryan, L. V.; Karapetyan, A. A.; Struchkov, Yu. T.
Chem. Heterocycl. Compd. (Engl.Transl.); 31(1), 28-32 (1995)
Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin. 1, 33-38 (1995)

azole

discussed before
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »
See

Post 397796 (missing)

(pHarmacist: ""Russian Designer Drug" (?)", General Discourse)
-->

Post 402840 (missing)

(Rhodium: "Ref for preparation of Phentropyl (Korphedon)", General Discourse)

Carphedon, Korphedon, Phentropyl, and Phenotropyl are synonyms. At least, Russian medicinal web pages say so.

myodyne

Thanks bros.. Now the picture is complete..
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »
Thanks bros.. Now the picture is complete..

Rhodium: Deja-vu for you !

From what I can see, it is definitely a study aid, although SWIM must make a bio-assay soon to estimate its pure CNS stimulant properties..